Thread: Csa

Default Csa

I just booked my first trip to a Couples Resort and after a month of trying to decide which resort to go to, I decided on CSA! I am SO excited but have a few Qs! One, does CSA offer 24 hour room service? If not, do they offer room service of any kind?
    My husband booked the Great House Verandah Suite-can anyone tell me a little more about this room? Location, etc? can you see the ocean? It says "partial view" of the ocean-what does that mean?

THANKS!!!!

Is the Verandah Suite a newer room or an older room

The verandah suites are in the newer section of the resort. The only room service available at CSA is a continental breakfast.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

At CSA the Great House rooms are the newest. Haven't been in them myself but I think you will be happy with your room. "Partial view" means just that. You should be able to see the ocean, but it will not be a full ocean horizon from your room. There may be a partial building or vegetation obstruction, but you will be able to see the beach and ocean.
    No 24 hour room service is available. In fact there is no room service at all save for the continental breakfast delivery, when ordered the night before. But I don't think you will miss it.

First of all, you picked a great resort. You will love the beach. CSA does not offer 24 hour room service. They do have a continental breakfast delivery which I highly recommend.

Being able to see the ocean depends on the room you are given. Personally, I wouldn’t book any room in the Great House. We always stay in a beachfront suite which is in the older section of the resort. We believe the older section is more romantic and quiet. It all really depends on what appeals to you. The Great House is more of a hotel atmosphere but does have some great views. The older section has individual 3-4 room buildings and seems less crowded.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves. Don’t worry about anything. You will be well taken care of.

It's a newer room. We are booked for our first trip as well in the same room category. CSA, as far as I've read, does not really have room service. According to the site, All four resorts offer continental breakfast in room. Just fill request card (located in your rooms’ information folder) and place it on the outside door knob the evening before.

I'm also interested in hearing anyone's impressions of the room. I've read that it's more hotel-like, but includes mini bar and television. It's located near the center of things, near several restaurants and the Aurora lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy1014 View Post
    I just booked my first trip to a Couples Resort and after a month of trying to decide which resort to go to, I decided on CSA! I am SO excited but have a few Qs! One, does CSA offer 24 hour room service? If not, do they offer room service of any kind?
    My husband booked the Great House Verandah Suite-can anyone tell me a little more about this room? Location, etc? can you see the ocean? It says "partial view" of the ocean-what does that mean?

THANKS!!!!
    Most of the GHVS rooms have a great view of the ocean. They are located in the great house of course, above patois.

There is no 24 hr room service, but there is always at least one restaurant/grill open. The one that stays open all night is located right outside of the greathouse, so you are close.

They offer room service for breakfast, but I would not use it for anything other than coffee, the breakfast at patois is way too good to be sitting in your room.

We book GHVS every time because of the access to internet. The last room we had on the 3rd floor had an ethernet jack it in. That is worth lots of extra $$ to me, and the room is one of the cheapest. If they had wired internet in other room categories we would try something else, but internet is very important to us so we can get updates on the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel View Post
    It's a newer room. We are booked for our first trip as well in the same room category. CSA, as far as I've read, does not really have room service. According to the site, All four resorts offer continental breakfast in room. Just fill request card (located in your rooms’ information folder) and place it on the outside door knob the evening before.

I'm also interested in hearing anyone's impressions of the room. I've read that it's more hotel-like, but includes mini bar and television. It's located near the center of things, near several restaurants and the Aurora lounge.

Honestly, once you are inside the room, it looks and feels just like any other room on the resort. But yes, it does require you to walk inside through a hall to get to your door.

I wanted a TV-that is why I did not book the other section. I have never been to a hotel without a TV in the room and I have been to many hotels/resorts. I do not sit in my room and watch TV all day by any means but I like to have the option-sometimes I come in for a break from the sun...or like to turn it on while I am getting ready to go to dinner, etc.

is the room clean/nice?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy1014 View Post
    is the room clean/nice?
    Yes! No worries, mon!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Kristy, congrats on choosing CSA. It's not a 5 star resort by any means but you will feel comfortable and be treated like friends there. We'd been to CTI once and then CSA this past December and liked CSA better. We stayed in an OVS (ocean veranda suite) and the GHVS rooms are very similar. These rooms are in the newer section of the resort but the Great House rooms are the latest and the greatest they have to offer. ALL of the rooms at CSA are clean/nice. We stayed in the lowest class room the Garden Suite the first night of our stay and it was clean but more rustic than the OVS or the GHVS rooms. You will be just a few steps away from the Patios restaurant/bar and the swimup bar/pool on the south end of the resort which is not in the center of things. As a matter of fact there is no "center of things" at CSA. The Palms (buffet) restaurant is clear on the other side of the resort where most of the evening entertainment is held. The Aura lounge is in the Great House and you have to spend a few evenings with Ultimate Chocolate singing along and playing name that tune.
    Enjoy your time in paradise!

All the suites are clean and very nice.

Hiya Kristy!! I think the issue of room service is minimal to the big issue of picking the best resort in Negril!!!!! The brkfst delivered in the A/M is great with coffee&danish,cereal,tea is great!

I have been to MANY resorts in the Carib&Jamaica and stayed at CSA last year and it was the best ever,everrrrrrr!!!
    You have all they have to offer there and you can just walk down the 7mile beach to explore the island!!!

Best of both worlds!!! If you read this msg board you have to ask yourself why do all these people come back?????? I'll be back in April*******!!!!!!!!!Put a towell on my chair by the bar!!!!