Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks Randy for the information, just booked for July 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    DebnAl - Sometimes there are lower prices in Canada. If you book on couples.com, Show us the lower price and we will protect you.

VicnSue - the Best Deal Guarantee works whether from Couples or an outside vendor.

Sweetnessinthesand - sorry for the extra work :-)

KCSiemens - Yes, you must book with Couples directly first for the Best Deal Guarantee to apply. There is no set rule on proof, as we will need to verify a better deal from any source.

krazykeith - Good Question. CWE 24-hour offers are not covered by the Best Deal Guarantee.
    I was told that the Best Deal Guarantee will not work with Couples partner booking agents like CheapCaribbean.com and that my Romance Reward points would not work towards the resort credit or even a t-shirt. I stayed for 11 nights at CSA in 2011 for our Honeymoon and did register for Romance Rewards at that time. Not huge, but disappointing none the less. I was looking at booking 7 nights here at the end of October but now I am back on TripAdvisor rechecking my options.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    ism1212,

If you book on Couples.com, our Best Deal Guarantee works in your favor. Just show us the lower price and we will protect you. :-)
    I'm assuming this is for the resort only.

The better deal I found was combining resort and airfare. Because of the combo, the site discounted the entire trip. When I priced out the resort only, the cost was the same as Couples website. But when I add airfare to the Couples website, I don't get as good of a deal. And it's the same flights!
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Thanks for the heads up Randymon! Just booked for ioctober 2014 with the Love Away plan! Thank you Couples for making it so easy!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014....Soon come!!

Quote Originally Posted by krazykeith View Post
    I've noticed that the last few CWE deals have said "new bookings only". I assume that means we can't get the best deal if we've already booked?
    However, there is nothing to stop you from making a new reservation, and cancelling your old one. Then you can transfer the money already paid from the old reservation to the new one. We did this for our trip this past spring. You would just have to pay another initial deposit for the new reservation. This is of course assuming that you did not book the hotel/air combo, as cancelling that reservation also cancels your airplane tickets.

Randymon do you take currency differences into account? I'm from Canada too and just recently booked through a Canadian tour operator (Signature) a Deluxe Beachfront for 10 days in November because it was significantly less than through the Couples site. This is my wife and my first trip to Couples in celebration of our 10 year wedding anniversary.

I had priced it out on the Couples site (the couples site actually didn't have deluxe beachfront's available for my travel dates), but even for a gardenview it was 300 dollars more than the deluxe beachfront I got through Signature (both including air). And the Couples site is priced in US dollars ($6150) whereas I payed $5795 in Canadian dollars. Overall taking into account currency exchange it's about a 660 dollar difference which was why I booked through the Canadian tour operator.

I'm kinda sad now though I didn't realize you guys price protected so I guess we are missing out on the resort credit being offered.

The best room rate is to book before the resort credit are reduced. Airfare you just need to check everyday to get a good rate when they release seats. We have been flying first class on the long flight and back of the plane on the short one and it was lower cost the coach. (Food and booze on the long one) You need to play with airlines. Mix rides are the key. Yapta is a good site to play with the airlines.

John
    Irie Mon

To help you guys out who are asking about price matching, I called couples and was given an email for Yvonne and sent her a print screen/screen shot of the price of another website. She okayed and then I had to call and speak with Renee to give my credit card for the loveaway plan. It was easy, for the best deal, don't have to deal with a middle man, got to use the love away plan, and still have the deal guarantee of the process go down. Through Couples is the way to go!

Very informative thread! Thanks everyone!

Would it be a smart idea to us ea travel agent or would it be cheaper to book the vacation my self?

I am from Canada as well and booked thru Signature. Much cheaper this
    way then doing it through the Couples website.

Quote Originally Posted by jjc60 View Post
    I am from Canada as well and booked thru Signature. Much cheaper this
    way then doing it through the Couples website.
    Couldn't we, from Canada then just do what kerrierou did? Send the link from the Signature website (we are with them too this time, through a travel agent) and then send the to Yvonne to price match it?
    Would love to be able to use the Love Away plan next time.

I watched prices for quite some time and finally booked thru travel agent for Swept Away
    as I did get what I thought a reasonable price. Certainly would have looked
    at the other for sure booking through Couples however it is in American and needs
    to be converted. Also I have a very efficient travel agent who looks after watching
    for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jjc60 View Post
    I watched prices for quite some time and finally booked thru travel agent for Swept Away
    as I did get what I thought a reasonable price. Certainly would have looked
    at the other for sure booking through Couples however it is in American and needs
    to be converted. Also I have a very efficient travel agent who looks after watching
    for me.
    Good point about the currency exchange, didn't think of that.
    We got an unbelievable deal on a week at CSA for next January (while browsing the TC website) and booked with a travel agent.
    My best bet with Couples may to keep an eye on the Wednesday specials. I like that we also have the option of choosing a Canadian Airline when booking through their website.

Randymon,
    Ok I am a bit confused, does couples price match on just the resort pricing? Or do they match resort/air combos?

We went to book out next trip and it said our to do the layaway it is $100...how come?

Quote Originally Posted by DebnAl View Post
    Couldn't we, from Canada then just do what kerrierou did? Send the link from the Signature website (we are with them too this time, through a travel agent) and then send the to Yvonne to price match it?
    Would love to be able to use the Love Away plan next time.
    I would call if I were you, you get an instant response :-)

I sent a screen shot from a website and they matched it. it was room only, no air fare.

Quote Originally Posted by CM318 View Post
    We went to book out next trip and it said our to do the layaway it is $100...how come?
    The loveaway plan requires a $100 deposit. I don't know if it's always been that way because I don't use it. But it has as long as I can remember anyway.

Mr randy
    I am afraid us in the UK seem to be a bit left out.. I appreciate everything is geared towards your US customers, and rightly so as they are your main event. However I have been three times in three years and can't find anything like an incentive to come back..I want to but it's going to cost me £3000 for the rooms in July for two weeks.. Any chance of a 'buy now for 2014 at your 2013 price' offer ? I will offer £2200 for two weeks July 9 in that case!!

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The loveaway plan requires a $100 deposit. I don't know if it's always been that way because I don't use it. But it has as long as I can remember anyway.
    Dangit I meant $400 not $100.....

CSA let us change our reservation for a better deal for this December 2013, but in order to do that, they said they had to take away our $300.00 resort credit that we got for booking during the "Fall in Love" promotion. We would consider that a penalty. Does this mean that our $300.00 resort credit should be re-instated?
    Gary and Diane

nomoreworries.

Please note that we are saying, "Best Deal", not Best Price. We consider the $300 resort credit as part of the "deal". If you decide to rebook because you have found a lower rate, then you will necessarily sacrifice the resort credits. Your choice.

Couples Resorts

Hello, Randy--

My husband and I love couples!! This January will be our 3rd visit to Jamaica, and to a couples resort! In 2011, we visited CN for 7 days, and had so much fun that our next trip was for 9 days to CSS. We loved both properties, and are so excited for our next trip. Since our first visit, I have introduced several others to the couples brand, and they love it just as much as we do. We will continue to do so, as the quality of service and the experiences there cannot be topped by any other resort brand!

We booked Couples San Souci again for January, but hoped to experience Couples Swept Away for our next visit. The cost of CSA has been significantly higher than the Ocho Rios resorts. Is there any particular reason that this is so? We would really love to experience CSA for our next trip, and hope that the cost will come down. Our travel agent told us that we would be able to make the switch without penalty if we do so 45 days in advance, and we are really hoping to be able to do so! I'm a fitness nut, and the sports facilities at CSA look incredible!

Any information you can provide will be most helpful! Thank you!

Hello, Randy--

My husband and I love couples!! This January will be our 3rd visit to Jamaica, and to a couples resort! In 2011, we visited CN for 7 days, and had so much fun that our next trip was for 9 days to CSS. We loved both properties, and are so excited for our next trip. Since our first visit, I have introduced several others to the couples brand, and they love it just as much as we do. We will continue to do so, as the quality of service and the experiences there cannot be topped by any other resort brand!

We booked Couples San Souci again for January, but hoped to experience Couples Swept Away for our next visit. The cost of CSA has been significantly higher than the Ocho Rios resorts. Is there any particular reason that this is so? We would really love to experience CSA for our next trip, and hope that the cost will come down. Our travel agent told us that we would be able to make the switch without penalty if we do so 45 days in advance, and we are really hoping to be able to do so! I'm a fitness nut, and the sports facilities at CSA look incredible!

Any information you can provide will be most helpful! Thank you!

Thank you! This will be our sixth return visit to CSA and had never made a change in our reservation prior to this, so we thought we would ask. We appreciate the clarification!
    Gary and Diane

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast