Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I had asked but no one had answered how come I'm being charged a $400 deposit not the $100

$400 is the standard deposit. That's what we paid.

Default Booking through travel agent or direct through Couples?

Quote Originally Posted by CM318 View Post
    I had asked but no one had answered how come I'm being charged a $400 deposit not the $100
    I was wondering too that if I was to book through Couples direct, do they accept the best deals say on Travelocity or Expedia?

Also, if we sign up for the "First Love" exchange and book through a travel agent, will we still get to do the exchange?

Thanks.

It sounds like when you made the reservations they did not get you down for the Love Away Plan. You have to request it when making the reservations. I have 4 reservations, all made on line using the Love Away plan and the deposit, which will include the trip insurance and any extra, was for $290 on them, $100 plus Trip Insurance, plus donation to ISSA fund. You may have to call them.

Hmmm?,interesting. I saw on line today it does say $100. Did it used to be $400? I know it was charged/billed as a love away for us, but again, that was last November. Either way it didn't matter bc we were paying it off over three months.
    Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by madtown mom View Post
    $400 is the standard deposit. That's what we paid.
    Maybe it's because of the room we want to reserve? What one do you usually stay in? Cause I re-read through and people say they pay $100 deposit?

Found a price that saved me 10% and they matched it no problem!

We like the Loveaway option as well...this time however, I used Expedia because we are spending a few extra days with friends down the beach and they allow for two locations. They also offer the down payment option but it's more than $100. But if you are just visiting couples...always book on their site...I have compared prices a million times and they are always spot on.

I booked about 45 day in advance and the price was 10% less for our trip in November.

It might be the same for longer time frames. Im not coming over to make anyone feel bad about their price but sometimes it pays to shop a bit. My preference was to book directly with Couples as this was pretty easy for us. For years I used a travel agent for many trips and still do for our complicated trips but this one was a bit easy.

I really think Couples policy of matching was terrific and was hassle free!!

sorry about before. i swear we did a $400 deposit, but maybe we chose to put that amount down bc we were quite close to out departure date. we just booked a new love away (yay!!!) and it was $100.

Bargamon I see alot of people post that they saved a small percentage. Did you still get the resort credit? Can you send me hte link that you booked at julric88@verizon.net Thanks Julie

Booked on Sunday and used the Love Away Plan. Found a better deal on Tuesday so I called and emailed the details to Couples and had the adjustment made by Wednesday morning. Saved 5.5%

Where did you find the better deal? I thought that bookiing with the resort directly was the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by doug&carrie View Post
    Booked on Sunday and used the Love Away Plan. Found a better deal on Tuesday so I called and emailed the details to Couples and had the adjustment made by Wednesday morning. Saved 5.5%

@ Doug&carrie where did you find a better deal? julric88@verizon.net thanks

Yes, would be great to use The Loveaway Plan, 100$ deposit, but us in the UK cannot access this deal, would love it if Randymon would let all the repeaters and new visiters use it, where ever you live !!!

Hi,
    Love away plan great,it is AWESOME and easy to do.You can book your trip on Couples.com as well, the deal is better.but if you are committed to stay with Love away, you get the best deal and they will transfer the money to another date/resort once you confirm your dates - as long as you do it before 45 days prior to arrive.Have Great time.

How far in advance can you book with the Love Away Plan?

I saw someone say that the best rate is when you book for the next year and that the deal comes out in early February... is this the deal that is going on currently until 2/2014? I want to book our honeymoon but I do have time. Just want to be sure that I don't miss the opportunity if this is going to the best rate I can get all year.

I have already booked through the love away plan on January 2 for travel in May 17th - 21st. I want to add another day to the reservation, so what can I do to add another day. I bought the travel insurance also through the love away plan. I know I will be charged another day rate but will I be charged anything extra besides that. Who do I need to contact to add another day?? Thanks Lillian & Pat CSA 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013 and May 2014

Irhalley - call our reservation office and they will help you
    Irie i
    Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts

Irie I - I have questions about the Best Deal policy and our December 2014 reservation. I sent two emails with the relevent details to reservations and then, after no response, called 1-800-Couples, who gave me yet another person to email. I emailed that person a few days ago and have yet to hear anything back. I found another deal that is better than what we booked through Couples provides the same resort credit credit and I'm trying to find out how to initiate the Best Deal policy, but no one seems to be anwering me back. Can you please provide some guidance? Thanks!

Linda, someone will be contacting you shortly
    Irie i
    Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts

Thank you Irie I - someone reached out to me already. I appreciate your prompt response.

Irie I, Maybe this isn't the best thread for this but I need to ease my mind. I am booked at CSA from April 29th - May 6th through my travel agent and I was wondering if I can contact the resort directly to confirm my reseravation as I haven't received any itinerary from my travel agent since my balance is not due until March 15th. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Dan

Dan - the best way is to call our reservations. They have access to all bookings.
    They won't be able to email your hotel voucher since the reservation was not made direct with us. No worry, you have plenty of time to get it from your travel agent.
    (BTW - I did search for your name and I do see a confirmed reservation for April 29th)
    Irie i
    Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3