Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can't believe I'm asking this!

We are headed to CSA in September for our wedding moon and was wondering if anyone has traveled with more "personal" items and if so did you have any problems with TSA?

Shouldn't have any problem. Put them in your checked luggage not your carry on.

You can always expect to have any checked luggage inspected, having said this TSA has sen everything, so no worries

We've traveled with "personal" items both times to Jamaica and one time TSA did look through our bags coming back into the states, the agent simply moved it aside as he looked through the bag it was in and he didn't even bat an eye or act like he even noticed it. Travel with what ever it takes to have a good time (as long as it's not illegal). They've seen it all.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you mean sex toys. As long as they are in your checked luggage, you won't have some TSA agent waving it in the air and cracking wise. They are not illegal, if that's your concern. Take out your batteries and buy fresh ones after you clear TSA. And remember any oils, creams, or liquids have to be less than 3 ounces in carryon, but unlimited in checked bags.

However, if it's a smoking device, plan on leaving it behind as you don't want to risk US Customs coming back.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

There is always a chance that any suitcase could be opened by TSA, but as long as what you are carrying is not illegal you have nothing to worry about. I would suggest that is you have anything that runs on batteries ...that you take the batteries out for travel. I did see a lady quite embarrassed once when her luggage was opened due to something making a 'buzzing' sound inside the luggage.

We have never had any problem at all with any 'personal' items..as you say! We always pack them in our carry-on bags and put everything in zipbags in case any TSA decides they need to go thru our bags....keeps their hands off all our contents. If your items have batteries that remove, take them out. If they lock in 'off' position, make sure you do! Bring all you want and have a great time!!

TSA has seen it all. Though you'll be less likely to be embarrassed if you pack your "accessories" in your checked luggage. Remember to remove the batteries! Odd buzzing sounds will always draw attention.

We brought a few "toys" with us and they were not touched as far as we know by TSA

I suggest that you remove the batteries so that there is no accidental attention drawn to your "personal" items. Especially if they are in your carry on and not in your checked bags. You should not have any issues. Those types of "personal" items are not on the disallowed list of the TSA.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

You should have no problems if you but them in your checked bags, but I would highly recommend removing any batteries
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014

Awesome.... I'm guessing TSA has seen much worse than anything you plan on bringing, and with Jamaica being a romantic place to visit, you should be just fine. Again.... Awesome...

Our first trip to CSA is this September, as well. We are bringing some "personal" items, but will put them in our checked bags.
    Erin & Patrick

No problems. We always travel with personal items. We did have TSA look up at us and smile when the bags went through the scanner last time.

LOL I have had zero problems with that situation Just take the batteries out and put them in a separate part of the luggage.

No problem, just put it in a checked bag and TAKE OUT THE BATTERIES before you do. LOL

No Problem Mon! Just don't leave batteries in if it uses them

Just make sure you take the batteries out and you'll be fine. We always have a little stash with us, no one even bats an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    We are headed to CSA in September for our wedding moon and was wondering if anyone has traveled with more "personal" items and if so did you have any problems with TSA?
    My husband and I just came back in June from CTI and we brought a few personal items with. We had no problems with them at all through TSA. I would recommend taking any batteries out and putting them in clear zip lock bags.

Remove batteries prior to packing.

We are also going on our wedding-moon to CTI in September and I am also curious about this question..lol

We did on our honeymoon....and lucky me I was asked out of line to have my bags gone through...oh god! Now this was 11 years ago. The couple behind us said...phew...glad that was you because we packed the same things...NO worries. But I won't travel with PERSONAL items anymore..once was enough!!! ENJOY

I've never had any issues with personal items and TSA when going to Mexico so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yes, we have, and no problems. Put them in your checked luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I've never had any experience with that personally, but I read a few months ago on a news website that a woman travelling with a "personal item" in her luggage found when she arrived at her destination that a TSA worker had slipped a note into her luggage with a comment about the "personal item". She reported it and the authorities found out which TSA worker had left the note, and he was fired.

Bottom line: Unless it's a threat to national security, you shouldn't be hassled over the toys you choose to pack in your luggage. If you are, please speak up and complain and keep complaining until some action is taken. Some of these TSA workers think they are all-powerfull and it's up to the travelling public to make sure they stick to doing their jobs and only doing their jobs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast