Default Music played at Sunset Beach bar area?

We were just there the past April for a day but couldn't remember for the life of me if they played any reggae music around the pool area? I was thinking of bringing a small iPod music player.

Reggae all day!

As Barry said, there is reggae pretty much all day. But...the cds that the entertainment people bring over have all seen better days -- many scratches & skips, etc !! If you bring your own reggae cds over, Jheanel will be happy to let you play them (I think she gets a little tired of hearing the same stuff, day in & day out) !!

Jackie

Jackie,

Yes, you are correct. I am sure Jheanel would love to hear some different music. That one CD that skips in the same place all the time.... Next time we go, we are going to leave some new CD's for her. Wish I had thought about that this trip but we brought an ipod not CD's. I guess I could have hit up the gift shop for her but I was not thinking... Hugs and kisses to you guys.

I know Barry, I too wish we had thought to bring CDs. We didn't bring any w/ us at all since the rooms all have the ipod docks now. As it turned out, our Penthouse suite also had a CD player. Oh well !! But, yes, anyway, next time I will probably burn some cds to bring & leave there.

Can anyone shed some light on Couples does not make a small investment in the SSB audio system?
    It seems strange that for such a well appointed resort folks are resigned to bringing their own cd's/music.

re: the sound system @ CSS Sunset Beach...

We were actually at Sans Souci (back when it was a G.L. resort) in Aug 2002 when they installed the speakers under the swim up bar & that "box" on the wall of the grill. The entertainment people would put a cd into the player in the box & you'd hear it from those speakers.

When we went back to CSS in 12/2007, that system was still being used. Though, they put in a cd, locked the padlock on the box & then left. The cd would obviously end, then it could be hours (or not at all) til they came back to put a new disc on.

For the trip we just got back from, they never once used the speaker/box thing, just that poor, old, beat-up boom-box. Maybe the "real" system's just not working any more ?? I actually never thought to ask about it.

Anyway, I'm all for Couples fixing/replacing the sound system on SSB......(as long as they use cd's that play all the way through) !!

Quote Originally Posted by JackieMRP View Post
    re: the sound system @ CSS Sunset Beach...

We were actually at Sans Souci ([I]
    For the trip we just got back from, they never once used the speaker/box thing, just that poor, old, beat-up boom-box. Maybe the "real" system's just not working any more ?? I actually never thought to ask about it.

Anyway, I'm all for Couples fixing/replacing the sound system on SSB......(as long as they use cd's that play all the way through) !!
    Agree last year same thing one cd scratched and long breaks in music. I dont think it would be too much with todays technology
    to have a dedicated mp3 drive with 1000's of songs that can be played throughout the day
    So i will re ask my question does anyone know what deters couples from making a slight and inexpensive upgrade to the SSB set up. The set up as a whole is incredible even with the back yard hot tub but to expect folks to bring along their own music is a lil odd for such a well run brand