Hybrid View

Default What to Bring When Trading Places

My wife and I are returning to Jamaica for our anniversary next year. After a lot of discussion we've book a room at CSA since that's where we went on our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it. We did however want to try out Au Naturel this trip, so we've decided to do a day at Couples Negril via the trading places program. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we should bring when we trade places? Should we bring towels or will some be there to use. We don't want to be without towels since, from what we read on this message board, they seem to be rather important. Any other suggestions? This will be our first attempt at AN so we'll take any advice we can get. Should the liquid courage start before we leave CSA or wait until we arrive at CN? Any suggestions on where we should eat lunch while there? Thanks in advance for the advice. We're looking forward to a little Jamaican sun on places that have never seen the sun!

We packed a beach bag with the usual items and did bring our towel along from the other resort.

Pack the same things that you would pack to go to the beach at CSA. There are only 2 places to eat lunch. The Heliconia grill has burgers, fries, fish burgers etc... Casavana restaurant will have a buffet with wonderful choices. I'd chose to go there if I was only at CN for one afternoon.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We did trading places from CTI to CSS twice but I am sure CN/CSA would be similar. The first thing we did when we got to CSS both times was to go to the water sports shack and get two towels. There was no problem. We just returned them at the end of the day.

Thanks everyone for the input. To say we're extremely excited would be an understatement. We talk about our upcoming trip almost daily. Last question, do they offer trading places daily or just certain days of the week and what are the drop off and pick up times. Thanks again.

MWF from 10am to 4pm

If you want to leave early (or I guess stay late - you aren't supposed to do that but I don't know how they would know) you have to take a taxi.

You will not need towels, you can get them at CN on the beach near the main pool bar, or you can get some from the bin at the nude beach bar. We wore our bathing suits, sunglasses, and hats and beyond that took nothing but our room key last time we did Trading Places. You won't really need much.
    Have fun!

Something we did when we did our Trading Places to CN was join the orientation tour being given there. It really helped us to get the "lay of the land" and gather info to consider if we were to return for a stay (which we did the next year). Try eating at the Cassava Terrace. The food is great and worth trying (you can have jerk and burgers anytime...in Jamaica). As for AN advice for first timers...enter from along building 9 (not the beach), make a hard right and you'll find some loungers along the hedges to put a towel on and catch some rays. Doing this should keep you from talking yourself out of trying, feeling as if everyone's watching and put you a little more at ease. Oh and it allows you to pick up some "liquid courage" as you're heading onto the AN beach (which is somewhat secluded). Once you're a little more at ease try an AN dip in the ocean.

Have fun!!!