Default Penthouse Suites at CSS

We're returning to CSS later this year and have reserved a penthouse house suite. Can anyone who's stayed there previously share which blocks they're located in and and differences between each of these rooms? Thanks!

Hello, Block C has 1 PH-The Pavarotti Suite (C-8). It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. The balcony is small and the view of the beach is obstructed by foliage. Block D has the Prime Minister Suite (extra cost), Steve McQueen Suite (D-14) and the Roger Moore Suite D-20. These PH have large balconies with views of the main beach and lawn. Block D also has the Angela Bassette Suite and I think the Harry Belafonte Suite that have unobstructed views out sea. The PHs in Block E -- there are 4 of them--have large rooms the balconies aren't as large as D Block and have unobstructed views out to sea over the Mineral Pool. The PH's in E Block can be a bit noisy given the proximity to the Balloon Bar and the nightly entertainment. Hope this helps!

Just returned home from our 7th trip to CSS and stayed in a Penthouse every trip. Have stayed in D-14 4 times, C-8 once, D-20 once, and E Block one time.

Have a great trip and enjoy your PH!!!

suzyQ

I compiled this information from the message board before our last trip to CSS. We booked a penthouse suite, but were upgraded (without asking) to the prime minister's suite, so I can't tell you anything first hand.

C-08: Pavarotti (2 bedroom, 2 full bath) – Reeked of smoke

D-20: Roger Moore (front left)

D-21: Angela Bassett (front right) – Jackie’s favorite, one bathroom, wonderful unencumbered view of the ocean on a huge patio.

D-14: Steve McQueen (back left) (extra 1/2 bath) – Jackie’s second favorite

D-27: Harry Belafonte (back right) (extra 1/2 bath ?????)

D-13: Prime Minister (far back left) (extra 1/2 bath)

E-09:

E-10: Jacaranda
    (one bath)
    E-11: Poinciana

E-12: Frangipani
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

never mind, I answered my own question.
    Last edited by Brandy; August 4th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

In D27 now. It does have the extra 1/2 bath. Main bath has a huge shower. Amazing views, and a gigantic balcony. Will post photos on our return!

Hi Brandy, If you pay for the Prime Minister's Suite, it will be yours. We typically just book a certain room category--the Penthouse Suites so there are 11 options. For the Prime Minister's Suite, you pay that premium price and that's your room!

suzyQ

Thanks for the information. Last time we were at CSS, we stayed in a 1 bedroom Ocean Suite in G block and it had a great view. This vacation is for relaxing, and we intend to spend time on the balcony enjoying the views. From the feedback, it sounds like D block fits the bill so we'll keep our fingers crossed that there's a room open there when we arrive.

Sseidl, looking forward to seeing your photos!

Thanks,
    Karen & Paul

Wally has my descriptions of the Penthouse Suites above, but the Prime Minister's Suite is now it's own category, so there are now only 9 Penthouse Suites (the 4 in D & the 4 in E & the 1 in C).

Just got back last night from 8 nights at CSS & D-21 is still our favorite w/ D-14 still in close 2nd place (gotta love an extra toilet/sink !!).

Jackie

Good information to have for when we go November 2nd. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I compiled this information from the message board before our last trip to CSS. We booked a penthouse suite, but were upgraded (without asking) to the prime minister's suite, so I can't tell you anything first hand.

C-08: Pavarotti (2 bedroom, 2 full bath) – Reeked of smoke

D-20: Roger Moore (front left)

D-21: Angela Bassett (front right) – Jackie’s favorite, one bathroom, wonderful unencumbered view of the ocean on a huge patio.

D-14: Steve McQueen (back left) (extra 1/2 bath) – Jackie’s second favorite

D-27: Harry Belafonte (back right) (extra 1/2 bath ?????)

D-13: Prime Minister (far back left) (extra 1/2 bath)

E-09:

E-10: Jacaranda
    (one bath)
    E-11: Poinciana

E-12: Frangipani
    Julie & Michael
    Honeymooning at CSS 11/2/14