Thread: Crabs

Default Crabs

I have to ask;
    We had a beach front suite at Couples Negril. Just about every night we would find a small red crab in our bathroom. Cute little suckers, we would just carry it outside, but for the life of us we couldn't figure out how they were getting into our room. Anyone have any answers for this??

They can climb or even hitch a ride in your beach bag.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We had them at CSA May 2012. How they climbed up the 3 wooden steps had us baffled!!! Ours were tiny, hot pink and black crabs. No we were not smoking anything

Quote Originally Posted by newtnugget View Post
    We had them at CSA May 2012. How they climbed up the 3 wooden steps had us baffled!!! Ours were tiny, hot pink and black crabs. No we were not smoking anything
    LOL. Bet it would've been even cooler if you were!

We were at CSA. We had a third floor room no issues but ground floor rooms will! We seen them going under doors!

dank120 yes it would have been

In 2010 we had beachfront room next to beachfront suite at CN and a beautiful crab lived, or at least spent some time, in the gutter drain next to our patio. He/she was beautiful and minded it's own business. No worries and a fun thing to observe, when you take the time.
    Irie,
    TonyS

One of our favorite memories of CN 2010 was seeing one of the crabs in the evening. It was rather large (about the size of a salad plate) and scared the you-know-what out of me the first time I saw it. But, as the days passed it got to where we looked forward to seeing it and were disappointed if we didn't. We've been to CSS the past 2 years (3rd trip next month) but didn't see any there.

At CSS, there is a small, shy crab that lives under the big tree in front of Palazzino. As I was washing my feet off at the shower I noticed it peering at me and slowly creeping out of it's home. Cutest thing. As I was reaching for my camera someone happened to Run by at the time, yes, Run, and scared it. Love the creatures we saw at CSS!

Kind of funny but when we were at the Family Resort next door to CSA in May, we found a few in our room, and we were on the 2nd floor. We were really wondering how they got up there until one night we sat and watched a few of them Climb the trees next to the stair case! I promise you we were not smoking anything and it was way fun to watch these tiny crabs go literally where ever they wanted. This is off subject but while we were next door with the kids, our room was directly across from the palms. Every night My wife and I would sit on the stair case in front of our room with a red strip and listen to all the fun at the palms! We had fun with our kiddos but man were we jealous that within 10 feet was our paradise that we usually do just the 2 of us...185 days until we are back to CSA for our 6th trip

Quote Originally Posted by Skolmiller View Post
    This is off subject but while we were next door with the kids, our room was directly across from the palms. Every night My wife and I would sit on the stair case in front of our room with a red strip and listen to all the fun at the palms! We had fun with our kiddos but man were we jealous that within 10 feet was our paradise that we usually do just the 2 of us...185 days until we are back to CSA for our 6th trip
    Couldn’t have done it. I would have left the kids and went over and sat on the beach at CSA. OK, maybe not....... I would have left the wife with the kids and went over to the beach at CSA.

196 days to go for #7 at CSA.

Life is good

In 2009 Jen and I visited CSA for the very first time, and one night (actually it was more like early morning) we decided to go and sit in the hot tub that is near the sports hut and just enjoy each other's company under the stars.

We both sit down in the hot tub, and as my feet touch the bottom, I feel what I thought at the time was a branch swirling around in the bottom of the tub. I pull my feet together to get a hold of the branch so that I could bring it up the surface and toss it out. Up it comes, only it's not a branch, it's a crab about the size of a dinner plate, pinched between my feet! Scared the begeezus out of me!

Thankfully I didn't get pinched by Mr. slightly overheated crab. We both scurried out of the hot tub in a bit of a panic, and then started looking around for something to get him out with. One of the staff who was walking around the resort noticed what had happened, and came over to ask if there was anything he could help us with. He ended up grabbing the back of one of the beach loungers and scooping up the crab with that. He laughed a bit, because he says it happens often enough that crab end up in that hot tub because of how close it is to the beach, and that it's surrounded by foliage etc.

We've come across a few other crabs here and there at all of the resorts, but that encounter was by far the most interesting.

These little guys are all over Sunset Beach at CSS: