Default CTI Jerk Chicken Sauce

We just returned and I fell in LOVE with the Jerk Chicken Sauce...does anybody know how they made it or what brand they used? I bought some of the Eaton's to bring home, but that is not it..the Eaton's is way too salty. I need some more of the the CTI Jerk Chicken!!!!! Stat!!!!! hehehehe

Was it hot??

There's a big thread about the change to a lighter-fare sauce, and how we all wanted the old stuff back. Mayhaps it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Morris View Post
    We just returned and I fell in LOVE with the Jerk Chicken Sauce...does anybody know how they made it or what brand they used? I bought some of the Eaton's to bring home, but that is not it..the Eaton's is way too salty. I need some more of the the CTI Jerk Chicken!!!!! Stat!!!!! hehehehe
    I'm sure that CTI makes their own jerk sauce, but a good one to try is Walkerswood, and now they make it in mild or spicy.

to be honest with you the jerk sauce at CTI was not hot enough for me. I go to lunch at Sotchie's too at least once during my stay. That is some great Jerk! I also make my own at home. nice and spicy.

Hey, Lisa, I got online and found a Jamaican recipe for Jerk Sauce and made my own. It was almost as good as that which we get in CN and CSA. I think the big difference was the fact I could not get Scott Bonnet peppers and had to use Jabb0neros. We soaked both chicken and pork in it over night and served it for several couples who were going to Jamaica with us for their first time. The site was jamaicatravelandculture.com. and I used their jerk pork recipe. Hope that helps.

Check out the Good Morning America Website. They had a chef on the show yesterday that was making jerk chicken.....

Thank you all! I will have to see if I can make my own. I agree, the Jerk Sauce at CTI wasn't really hot, but had incredible flavor and LOVE LOVE LOVED it. Thanks for the tips everybody. Next time, I will have to try Scotchies. I have heard awesome things about that place.

If anybody has a favorite Jerk Sauce recipe that you would like to share with me here, please do so.

Traditional jerk is a dry rub, not a marinade. This is the jerk rub recipe I got after spending the day in Boston Bay in 1983 - my first trip to Jamaica and Couples. Over the years, I've tinkered with it but always return to the original recipe. You can buy dried scotch bonnet peppers online, search Amazon for the best source. You can turn this into a jerk sauce by mixing it with just about any plain barbecue sauce.

Boca Boys Jerk Rub Recipe - use this on anything you want to jerk, even fish!
    ======
    4 tablespoons Ground allspice
    4 tablespoons Dried thyme
    2 tablespoons Ground Scotch Bonnet Pepper
    2 tablespoons Freshly ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons Ground sage
    1 tablespoon Ground nutmeg
    1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
    6 tablespoons Garlic powder
    4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
    1 cup dried Chives
    1 cup dried Onion
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

You can ask the chef for the "hot" Jerk Sauce on your Chicken or on the side @ the grill. We did and it was good top add on top of what was already great chicken. Don't forget to try the deep friend Calamari. I was never a fan of Calamari but this was pretty darn good with the seafood sauce they provide.

Idk if this is the CTI recipe, but Couples posted it!

Recipe Time: Jamaican Jerk Sauce

Idk if this is the CTI recipe, but Couples posted it!

Recipe Time: Jamaican Jerk Sauce

I use the recipe posted in this thread:

http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...e-board-20227/

I found the sauce to be quite mild for my taste the first time I made it. So now I double the cayenne and throw in 2 chopped (but not seeded) scotch bonnets. That gives it an extra kick if you're into that kind of thing.