Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default odd question about AN culture

We will be staying at CSS in February, 2014 and definitely plan on visiting SSB. After hearing about the social atmosphere of the AN area, and how friendly everyone is, I started to wonder - HOW friendly? I mean, some friendly people I know are huggers, which is fine with clothes on but... :-)

Nothing like that!!!!!!!

Have never seen it that friendly in both trips there. I think when people say friendly, they mean in a more social aspect of conversations and saying hello. People will respect your personal space, and your desire to be left alone if you wish.
    The social area is around the pool, or if you prefer to be alone with your SO, the far right of the beach is where to go.

No Bob Filner will not be there so you are safe.

Hi ggirl40, I have made some wonderful friends at SSB, and we have all become travel buddies and have come back to the resort during the same time period for the last 3 years. So in a nutshell, yes we hug when we see each other again!:-) However, I would never walk up to an acquaintance at SSB and randomly give a hug! I don't think anyone else would either! No Worries!:-)

We haven't experienced anyone invading your personal space, so to speak of.

I think what most people are trying to get across is lots of people on the AN area are genuinely friendly people who like to chat we found this helps you to feel more relaxed in that environment especially if its your first time.

All we. Can say is make sure you try it at the start of your holiday rather than the end as I am sure you will go on more than once.

Hope you have a great time :-)

Hugging? It's not THAT friendly. Just a bunch of people talking, laughing and having a great time... who happen to be naked!
    I don't think hugging is allowed, it might fall under the No Public Display of Affection rule. Don't worry and have a wonderful time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearso View Post
    Was he the guy who designated himself as the official "greeter" and made some people very uncomfortable???

I once saw saw a drunk guy run up and hug a friend of his. Once. It was not well received, but was funny!

Novastar,

No, Bob Filner is the embroiled Mayor of San Diego, who is under heavy fire for sexual harrassment and other dirty old man events and activities. His defense was "Hey, I am a hugger!" That is why I brought him up here, seemed to fit the thread. He is all over the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearso View Post
    Bearso - LMAO!

Ah good - looks like I have nothing to worry about! Thanks for the input - and thanks for the laugh Bearso, you had me going there for a bit! LOL!

HA!!!! Nicely done...

Default Huggers - yea

Quote Originally Posted by ggirl40 View Post
    We will be staying at CSS in February, 2014 and definitely plan on visiting SSB. After hearing about the social atmosphere of the AN area, and how friendly everyone is, I started to wonder - HOW friendly? I mean, some friendly people I know are huggers, which is fine with clothes on but... :-)
    SSB is more friendly than you might imagine. A few weeks ago there was a guest, double amputee. Guests would help her in and out of the pool, even kept a eye on her although she was pretty independent. Played volley ball, friendly conversation and I don't believe anyone ever asked her about the disability. Yea you might see a hugger when some old friends meet but not the "husband wife type hug". You will wonder why the rest of the world couldn't be a civil to each other as the people you will meet at nude resorts.

Bob Felner is "all over the news"? That's hilarious!
    Irie,
    TonyS

Having been to CN's AN beach the atmosphere is 100 times friendlier there, than the dressed side of the resort. That does not mean everywhere else is unfriendly. AN side has people very easy to say hello to, strike up conversations, laugh, super relaxed and chill!

What exactly does "irie" mean? I keep seeing it in posts...

Irie - Peaceful, Harmony, etc. within yourself and/or your surroundings.

Irie = (I-rie \I ' -ree) is a word inJamaican Patoisthat can mean 1: powerful and pleasing; 2: excellent, highest; n 3: the state of feeling great. It is commonly used by members of theRastafari movement

When people are referring to the friendlier atmosphere - what they mean is that if you're uptight / judgmental then you're not likely going to make it over to the an side.

Likewise if you're vacation is not going well or if you're fighting with your spouse then you're not likely going an.

What's left is a group of slightly more adventurous, comfortable as they are, fun loving group.

That doesn't mean we don't respect boundaries & personal space - just means we're more likely to be smiling, say hello & otherwise have a good time.

irie means "every thing is great" or "All is good"

It's been a few years ago now but our first visit to Tower Isle my wife was a little overserved and some mainland friends showed up on the island and my wife was so excited they came over that she hugged her. About an hour later, she said "did I hug her?...man, that was wierd". I don't know if it's any correlation but the girl she hugged was on her honeymoon and the couple ended up divorcing about a year later, bummer I know. So, I'd stay away from hugging if you don't want to ruin a marriage

That said, we've got a great group of friends from CSS and I'm sure none of them would have any problems with naked hugs, we probably won't but we've kept together on facebook for a number of years now and I don't think it would be wierd.

Oh wow, something new to worry about - seeing someone I know in "real life" while I'm being adventurous!! Any awkward moment stories from surprise reunions?

Quote Originally Posted by ggirl40 View Post
    Oh wow, something new to worry about - seeing someone I know in "real life" while I'm being adventurous!! Any awkward moment stories from surprise reunions?
    LOL~Some years ago, a friend of mine's parents were at an AN beach in St Martin when they bumped into one of the father's clients (he's a lawyer)....I guess it was a bit embarrassing, but they got over it....

The moral of the story, wear sunglasses!!

ggirl40 - not from a reunion I know but many years ago we went on holiday with a couple of close friends who had never gone A/N before and it took us months of convincing them that you are thousands of miles from home and no one will see you and we were going to do it regardless of whether they joined us or not. On our first day we found a lovely small beach which was probably only around 100 yards long and had around 30 other people there and our friends reluctantly joined in and actually enjoyed it after the first awkward 20 mins or so.

However at the end of the day my wife and her friend collected all the rubbish up and walked naked over to a bin to dispose of what they had picked up when a man said "You two work at the..... hospital don't you" - it turned out it was their hospital porter. Both girls were mortified at first but as my wife pointed out afterwards as he was letting it all hang out she could be nice or very cruel if he she wanted to when they got back to work.

On the very of chance you ran into someone you knew while going AN then think of it this way, they are going AN also and probably feeling the same way as you. I say no worries mon, everythin be irie!
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast