Default Oh No...AirTran makes schedule change from Orlando

We just were browsing the AirTran website looking at fares for 2014 from Orlando. Big shocker...

As of Jan. 1st it appears there are no more nonstop flights to Montego Bay!!!! They have you going from Orlando to Atlanta then back down to Jamaica!!! Bummer!!!

I can see it coming...Supply and Demand. Now JetBlue can take control of the pricing and scheduling since they are the only carrier with nonstop flights to Montego Bay. I can hear the prices increasing as I type this!!! Yikes! Hopefully something may change before we book our flights! The fares are not published yet for August.

Only 365 more days until CSA trip #4!!!

Are you sure?

I see flight 1068 and 1069 (the MCO nonstop flights) scheduled to 3/7/14 and Airtran says they will extend future bookings in August.

As I have stated on numerous occasions here on the message board, the discount airlines are not to be trusted on scheduling. More than a couple of them have pulled the rug on travelers out of STL over the last few years. However, if you can live with the risk their prices can be attractive sometimes.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Hi ginjoe! We live in Orlando, and I was able to find nonstops on Airtran on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays in February 2014....they will be releasing more of their schedule by the end of August. Hope this helps!!!

Bad news indeed. While we much prefer JetBlue, the last few trips to JA have been on AirTran due to price. I hope they bring it back.

I would think that there will be a lot of changes to AirTran's schedule in the next year or so, until Southwest fully takes over all of their services, so there is still hope the non-stop comes back. Right now, they are still operating separately, but have coordinated flights together. I am flying to MBJ from NH later this year and the first leg of the flight will be on a Southwest plane, while the second half on Air Tran.
    I remembered reading this on the Southwest website and it's still on there:

All AirTran planes will eventually integrate into the Southwest brand forming a single network, reservation system, and loyalty program. Combined, Southwest and AirTran serve 97 destinations in the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean.

Our plan is to have AirTran completely integrated into Southwest Airlines by the end of 2014.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I would imagine that Southwest will start posting the flights on their website, because I really don't see SW giving up the international gates, seeing as that is one of the things they were interested in getting when they merged with Air Tran.

We have been flying JetBlue for the last couple of years, love the direct flight both ways.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you will be a mile away and they will be barefoot!

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi ginjoe! We live in Orlando, and I was able to find nonstops on Airtran on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays in February 2014....they will be releasing more of their schedule by the end of August. Hope this helps!!!
    Also Sundays through 3/2/14 at the current time.

So AirTran is still flying nonstop from MCO to MBJ and MBJ to MCO 4 days of the week (Sun, Mon, Thurs and Fri). New dates will be out this month according to their website. I hope not too much changes. I'd hate to see $300 per person round trip go bye bye.