my bf and i are headed to cti in december and are so excited!! Trying to loosely plan our week and i was wondering the following:
1) how long is the dunn's river falls trip? I know it leaves at 9am, when can we expect to be back?you will be back before lunch, or right at lunchtime
2) if there is no mini-bar in our room, would we be able to grab a few drinks at the bar and bring them back to our room and enjoy our ocean view? yes you can. We always take a few cocktails up with us while we are getting ready for dinner and then for when we are ready to call it a night.
3) how long is the cat cruise?you typically get back at around 7pm
4) my bf is a very picky eater, will the buffets have plain food like burgers/chicken fingers/pasta?your bf will do just fine. The buffet offers a huge selection of food, and if all else fails there is the beach grill where he can get his burger.
5) are there shops in the hotel to buy gifts or anything?there is a gift shop.
any info and insight on cti would be greatly appreciated!!you will love cti!!!
my BF and I are headed to CTI in December and are SO excited!! Trying to loosely plan our week and I was wondering the following:
1) How long is the Dunn's River Falls trip? I know it leaves at 9am, when can we expect to be back? Around noon
2) If there is no mini-bar in our room, would we be able to grab a few drinks at the bar and bring them back to our room and enjoy our ocean view? Yes you may
3) How long is the Cat cruise? About 2 hours, depends how long people swim. You leave at 3:30 and are back for dinner
4) My BF is a very picky eater, will the buffets have plain food like burgers/chicken fingers/pasta? Burgers you can get a the grill. I do not see any chicken fingers in July. Pasta they have most of the time on the buffet. CTI only has one buffet, all the other dinning places are sit down. He may be better off eating at sit down restaurants and having them leave off they items he does not like.
5) Are there shops in the hotel to buy gifts or anything?Yes they have a gift shop and a logo shop. Vendors come in on Monday and sell Jamaican crafts. They also offer two shopping trips. See this link for more information http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=2300
Any info and insight on CTI would be greatly appreciated!! You need to go on the Dunns River fall trip, cat cruise and Horse back riding. You should try the island out early in you trip to see if you like it or not
Wanted to add - if you want to pay for a special trip to Dunns River falls and are the adventerous type, there is a 8-10 person jeep that takes you off into the beautiful mountains before heading to Dunns River falls. It is great but unlike the regular bus ride to Dunns River falls (which is free), this costs money but I think is worth it. See the front desk person in the lobby for more information.
there is such a variety of food that there is something for everyone. One night a week (Fridays) - they have lobster night, if you like lobster - it is available at all restaurants but served differently at each location.
As for activities, don' try to cram a bunch of stuff in on your first stay, take time to relax also. Need to visit the spa and buddah pool - very relaxing.
If you take the shopping trip into town on the regular scheduled bus, you can also venture out of the little shopping area to visit the Island Village too or for the more open minded, to the local market. We take a cab into town too to be able to spend more time visiting the local shops - always come back home with a carving to add to our collection. The market at Couples on Mondays is good too - we bought a few things there when we visited this past August.
We stayed this time for two weeks and weren't ready to leave. We did the Jamaican Bobsled, Dunns River Falls and the off road trip to 8 Mile. We had a great time, as we always do, our 5th trip and already have reservations for next year and in the works of getting the reservations for 2011 - for two weeks. One day, we may just never leave!!!