Thread: Mixed Emotiions

Default Mixed Emotiions

Today I am feeling both sad and very excited. For the first time in six years we will not be returning to CSA for our winter vacation. We first discovered Couples and CSA in 2007 and have returned every year since. We absolutely love the resort and consider many of the staff to be part of our extended family. We have however been toying with the idea of trying something new for some time now. Today I booked a trip to Couples Barbados for February. I am excited that we will be able to discover a new resort and a new country but am sad that we won't be returning "home" this year. I am really hoping we will fall in love with Couples Barbados and make new friends and memories while we are there. Who knows maybe we will get into the practice of alternating resorts each year. I look forward to reading reviews of Couples Barbados over the next few months as we prepare for this new adventure.

We feel the same way! After 2 trips to CSA and one to CN we have booked CB for November 2014. I will look forward to reading your review!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Northern gal View Post
    Today I am feeling both sad and very excited. For the first time in six years we will not be returning to CSA for our winter vacation. We first discovered Couples and CSA in 2007 and have returned every year since. We absolutely love the resort and consider many of the staff to be part of our extended family. We have however been toying with the idea of trying something new for some time now. Today I booked a trip to Couples Barbados for February. I am excited that we will be able to discover a new resort and a new country but am sad that we won't be returning "home" this year. I am really hoping we will fall in love with Couples Barbados and make new friends and memories while we are there. Who knows maybe we will get into the practice of alternating resorts each year. I look forward to reading reviews of Couples Barbados over the next few months as we prepare for this new adventure.
    Northerngal I share your feelings - our 'home' has been CN since we married there in 2005. We have returned 5 times & even managed 2 x 2wks last last year, in between trying the other 3 Couples resorts over the years. We have, hovever, decided to give CB a try this Sept....30 days & counting until we experience 2wks at CB. Excited, yet such a sad feeling that we wont be seeing all our friends we have come to love at CN.
    Fingers crossed- I'm trying to convince DH that we 'NEED' to return to CN in Feb

I know exactly what you're feeling Northern gal. Our first trip to CSA was in 2004,been back every winter since then and booked one of the Premier Beachfront Suites for Dec '13 as soon as they were available. But,like you,we were starting to think it might be time to try something new,and since Barbados has been on my radar for a few years... When Couples announced they were opening there and the great deal we were able to get it seemed like a no brainer and I switched our reservation from CSA to CB. There have been times when I've been missing Negril so much that I've second guessed my decision,but the closer we get to December the more excited I get about going to Couples Barbados. I can't wait to not only enjoy all that CB will have to offer but also get out and experience a bit of Barbados.Already started a notebook of travel tips and places to go .SO EXCITED!
    Having said that I still haven't given up on getting back to CSA before our,already booked,2014 trip. Not likely but..I can dream...

ya mon, i woudl really be interested in what flights you were able to get and how they work out, i beleive i saw a while back you were from wisconsin? i as well, fondulac area . i looked at flights a while back and it seemed it took all day to get there, going thru miami, any info you could share! have a bless day waynef