Default Wedding Webcast, Anyone?

To those who chose the option of doing a Wedding Webcast for those loved ones back home who couldn't make it, do you have a sample you could email me? Did your family/friends like the idea? Seriously considering this! Thanks!

Lauren
    laur.weiss@yahoo.com

did you end up doing the webcast?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteandSarah View Post
    did you end up doing the webcast?
    My wedding isn't until April 27th, but pretty sure we're not doing it. I can just see it being a waste of $500 (people forget to view it, have trouble logging in because they're not "computer savvy", etc. A friend of ours will probably just record the entire thing and we'll have a get together once we get home for people to watch it. =)

yeah I agree! It is $500 and if you want a copy you can buy it for an extra $125. Im thinking facetime for my kids!

Hey y'all! We are back from our wedding last week at CN, and we did the webcast. SOOOOO glad that we made that decision! Our family and friends loved it, and other than having some difficulties with their ability to post during the live feed, there were no problems. We have viewed it ourselves, and we are so happy with it! We also purchased the video ($150), and we plan on playing it during our at-home reception in a couple of weeks. Definitely recommend it!!!

Can't we just FaceTime or Skype with family back home?

If given the choice between this or hiring a videographer which route would you go? The main difference would be watching it in real time vs when we got home correct?

I had the same concerns the the webcast... Also, how many of you that have or are going to be getting married at couples, have done the private reception there? We are having almost 40 people join us at CN. We weren't planning on having an at home reception too... but are now leaning towards possibly a cocktail party to show off our pictures and video for the people that were not able to attend.

I just went out and bought a GoPro camera which has a Wi-Fi connection so we can video and do live video stream! plus we can bring it snorkeling, scuba diving, biking whatever...We wanted a Go Pro anyway so the investment was well worth it! We are not getting married until Nov.30th but I will let you all know how it works out!

We are getting married on the 24th and decided to go for the webcast for the rest of our family that couldn't make it. It was $500, additional copy can be bought from Couples for $150. It's done through a company called Island Multimedia Solutions from the Negril area. They emailed me right away after we paid for it through Couples and asked for a photo of the two of us. They set up a website the same day, which is just waiting for us to walk down the aisle! You'll get a customized link - Weddings in Paradise, Negril (yournamehere) . It's viewable live or for up to one week after your ceremony. Hope this is helpful for someone, as we had looked and looked for more information! We were hesitant to do it at first as it was hard to find information about it - my main concern was how easy it would be to use for my grandparents. My mom called in and spoke to Margaret at the wedding planning department of Couples. She put our minds to ease about the whole process, and it seems like it should be nice and easy! Just click the link and go!

Quote Originally Posted by megster View Post
    We are getting married on the 24th and decided to go for the webcast for the rest of our family that couldn't make it. It was $500, additional copy can be bought from Couples for $150. It's done through a company called Island Multimedia Solutions from the Negril area. They emailed me right away after we paid for it through Couples and asked for a photo of the two of us. They set up a website the same day, which is just waiting for us to walk down the aisle! You'll get a customized link - Weddings in Paradise, Negril (yournamehere) . It's viewable live or for up to one week after your ceremony. Hope this is helpful for someone, as we had looked and looked for more information! We were hesitant to do it at first as it was hard to find information about it - my main concern was how easy it would be to use for my grandparents. My mom called in and spoke to Margaret at the wedding planning department of Couples. She put our minds to ease about the whole process, and it seems like it should be nice and easy! Just click the link and go!
    Hi megster, How was it? Was it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Happydance View Post
    Hi megster, How was it? Was it worth it?
    For us, it was! It was a bit confusing for us - at Couples they advertise the webcast as for only 25 people to view. We emailed Carey at the webcast company and sorted out all the details the day before the wedding. He said the number of viewers really depends on the internet provider and how much traffic they have had that month. Our day was the 24th, and he didn't have many other weddings booked so he said it was no problem to give the link to who ever we wanted. Our family and friends passed it around a little more than we would have liked, but in the end about 80 people watched our video (some might have been from watching more than once, I'm not sure). We haven't actually watched the DVD ourselves yet, so I can't speak for the quality personally, but everyone loved it. The day we were married it was pretty windy out on the island so the internet connection kept cutting in and out, so the live stream video jumped around a bit. They reposted the full video later that day - it was about 25 minutes long. Because of the wind and the choppiness of the video, they threw in the DVD for free for us (normally $150!) and extended the viewing to 14 days from 7 days online.

I think it would be a good idea to "poll" your family and friends at home to get an idea of how many people will be watching (remember, they have a week to watch it). Consider what you would pay to have these people as part of your group if you had your wedding at home. $500 wasn't a lot to make sure that everyone got to "be there" with us!

Thanks for share the post with us.