Default Oh for the love of shoes

I was wondering, what type of shoes do folks wear to the resort, walk down the beach to the bars and shops, etc? Read a post where someone had blisters on their feet from water shoes. December will be our first visit to CSA so have no idea what would be comfortable and ideal shoes to wear for hubby and I. I do have a bone spur on my Achilles heel so need to go shoe shopping for comfortable shoes.....

Any particular type or brand for walking the resort?

Thanks

I'm going to take this as a serious question, and guess you've never been on a beach before. I am a self-admitted shoe hound (cleaned that up for public view!) and also have bone spurs on my heel. We go to CSA twice a year, and I typically am barefoot on the beach. I will carry a pair of flip-flops for if we want to go into a restaurant or bar.

I take 2 pair of flip-flops, 1-2 pair of flat sandals, and a couple of dressy sandals with heels. I will travel in sneakers/socks as I don't like being barefoot on airport floors. Be sure to pack flip-flops in your carry- on though to change into for the long, sometimes warm ride to the resort,

You're gonna love CSA...our second home!

When we were in Brazil, my wife and I both fell in love with Haviana's brand d flip flops. You can buy them online here in the US. They are well designed and do comfortable compared to all others I have worn.

We have always wore just beach flip flops during the day. Never needed water shoes but I have seen people wearing them. When we go for a walk on the beach I usually just leave them by my chair. For night I always pack multiple pairs of sandals with the intention of wearing them, but usually end up in dresser flip flops because they are just more comfortable. Some people do wear dress sandals etc. It is what you feel comfortable in.

Tevas, when walking seven mile beach, you really don't need shoes of any kind.

Sandals, flip-flops, and my favorite, Sanuck loafers.

Well you shouldn't need your water shoes at CSA, it's a beautiful white sand beach. Some bring water shoes to CSS or CTI to go on the Dunn's River Falls tour.

For the resort, I only bring 3 pairs of shoes. I wear flip flops most of the time, I bring my tennis shoes for traveling, and I wear dress shoes for dinner. I don't pay attention to the brands so much, I just go for feel and looks. However, my mom has problems with her feet, and she wears a lot of Clark's. Orthaheel is another brand that makes orthopedic sandals.

Hope that helps! Have a great time!

For myself, sneakers for off resort, and trip down (worn there... It's too cold on the east coast to travel in sandals when we go), a pair of sandals, a pair of water shoes (although I have bought these there before), and a pair of dressy shoes for dinner. My wife takes way too many shoes, but I keep my mouth shut in that regard... Makes for a more peaceful vacation

I wear regular flip flops around the resorts. No issues. I used water shoes at CSS because of the sea grass. But at CSA? Didn't need anything. Hubby and I got married there in 2004. The beach in Negril is more pristine than in Ochi, IMO.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I'm going to take this as a serious question, and guess you've never been on a beach before. I am a self-admitted shoe hound (cleaned that up for public view!) and also have bone spurs on my heel. We go to CSA twice a year, and I typically am barefoot on the beach. I will carry a pair of flip-flops for if we want to go into a restaurant or bar.

I take 2 pair of flip-flops, 1-2 pair of flat sandals, and a couple of dressy sandals with heels. I will travel in sneakers/socks as I don't like being barefoot on airport floors. Be sure to pack flip-flops in your carry- on though to change into for the long, sometimes warm ride to the resort,

You're gonna love CSA...our second home!
    Hi Suzi- I have been on a beach before, but not a 7 mile beach to stroll on. Beach in Mexico, I didn't have a bone spur at that time, so no problem walking in anything. But things have changed. I read where folks can pick up a foot parasite going barefoot-- so that scared me a bit. I love the feel of sand on my feet. I do have a pair of flip flops and pair of Clark sandals and a pair of nice sandals. The resort is a big place to be walking a around and was just concerned about the bone spur. I hate tennis shoes, make my feet too warm...and my feet are my thermostat. I think I will give the flip flops and clarks a whirl. Thanks for replying

Quote Originally Posted by benandmiranda View Post
    Well you shouldn't need your water shoes at CSA, it's a beautiful white sand beach. Some bring water shoes to CSS or CTI to go on the Dunn's River Falls tour.

For the resort, I only bring 3 pairs of shoes. I wear flip flops most of the time, I bring my tennis shoes for traveling, and I wear dress shoes for dinner. I don't pay attention to the brands so much, I just go for feel and looks. However, my mom has problems with her feet, and she wears a lot of Clark's. Orthaheel is another brand that makes orthopedic sandals.

I will check out Orthaheel...I do have a pair of Clark sandals as well. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesoffers View Post
    When we were in Brazil, my wife and I both fell in love with Haviana's brand d flip flops. You can buy them online here in the US. They are well designed and do comfortable compared to all others I have worn.
    I will check our Haviana brand...thank you

Oh wow, these are what I need. I have fallen arches as well (never did before but now I do). Read the reviews, these sound perfect, thanks for the suggestion. I am ordering

I have it narrowed down to 8 pairs of shoes this year, one of them in which I will be wearing to and from the airport. I am bringing 2 pairs of dressy wedges in brown and black, silver sperrys, white sperrys, 2 pair casual flip flops, 1 pair sneakers, and navy flats. On the beach I usually go barefoot or wear water shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    Sandals, flip-flops, and my favorite, Sanuck loafers.

Love my Sanuks! I'll never not have a pair.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Hi Ironbutterfly,

For walking around the resort flipflops or sport sandals would be ideal. There is really no need for water shoes as there are no rocks in the water (just sand and the odd stingray- so do the shuffle and they'll get out of the way). Your husband will need closed toe shoes (not sneakers) and you will need dressy pumps or sandals to go to feathers (formal dining).

Butterfly... Going back to your bone spur....my podiatrist told me to NOT walk on the beach! I found walking on the beautiful, hard-packed white 7 Mile Beach to be completely painless barefoot! We live in Suth Florida, and I went to the beach yesterday. Deep, soft, brown sand...impossible to walk on without a lot of pain. My heel hurt horribly the rest of the night! So..to make a short story long, you should also be pain-free at CSA! No worries about parasites, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly View Post
    Oh wow, these are what I need. I have fallen arches as well (never did before but now I do). Read the reviews, these sound perfect, thanks for the suggestion. I am ordering
    So glad I could help! It's important to have happy feet on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post
    Love my Sanuks! I'll never not have a pair.
    I'm with you on that. they are so light and the most comfy shoes I've ever worn. I can't compete with my girlfriend and her flip-flop collection, but I do have 7 pairs of Sanuks.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Butterfly... Going back to your bone spur....my podiatrist told me to NOT walk on the beach! I found walking on the beautiful, hard-packed white 7 Mile Beach to be completely painless barefoot! We live in Suth Florida, and I went to the beach yesterday. Deep, soft, brown sand...impossible to walk on without a lot of pain. My heel hurt horribly the rest of the night! So..to make a short story long, you should also be pain-free at CSA! No worries about parasites, either.
    Good to know- thanks for sharing.

So glad I could help! It's important to have happy feet on vacation.
    Yes thank you so much

For my super sensitive feet I only wore my Crocs flats (not the original huge Crocs, but the new variety). I tried flip flops and the little pebbles/sand created friction between my toes-they swelled up the first day-never wore them again. Wore my Crocs flats the rest of the week everywhere except the dressier dinners; wore them walking in the sand and by the pool with the hot cement; easy to wash off and dry off. Wore water shoes when in the water for rocks/sea grass at CSS. Worked perfect and I didn't have to Think too much about my feet! ...rather, what drink to have...

Orthaheel!!! Fallen arches / plantar fasciitis. Worth every penny. Chacos!! Strappy and higher ut still have the arch support Yellowbox sandals for dressy! Water shoes if yo are sdoing Dunns River Falls.

Orthaheel!!! Fallen arches / plantar fasciitis. Worth every penny. Chacos!! Strappy and higher ut still have the arch support Yellowbox sandals for dressy! Water shoes if yo are sdoing Dunns River Falls.