Hybrid View

Default First Timer Heading To Couples Negril

Hello everyone,

My wife and I booked a 10 day stay at Couples Negril at the end of November. This say is to commemorate our 10 year wedding anniversary which occurred in June. I had heard that anniversary stays come with a 25 minute massage. Would we still be eligible for this?

I'm very excited about this trip. It will be our first Couples experience. We were debating endlessly with the TripAdvisor community over S Montego Bay or Couples Negril .... in the end the reviews, pictures, and advice we got from many different people convinced us that Couples Negril was the way to go.

We are hardcore beach people. Negril just seems to have a beach that can't be beat.

For reference our previous trips have included other All-inclusives in the Caribbean, as well as cruise ships. We get the impression that the Couples experience is going to be at least as good but likely much better!

We can't wait.

CN is the best!! We are booked for our 7th trip and have been to all the Jamaica resorts and CN is our favorite!!

I'm sorry I can't answer your question about being eligible for the massage. I can assure you that you won't be dissapointed with your choice.

Let us know how it turns out.

As far as I know only honeymoon trips come with the massage. But you can always book one - well worth the splurge. Highly recommend the couples massage in the Tree House!

Amy

I'm not 100 percent sure but if you were on your honeymoon within 30 days of your wedding you would get the free massage. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

My wife and I spent 10 days for our 10-year Anniversary at CN in 2011, at almost the exact same time you will be there, only that was our 3rd trip. There's actually no free massage for your anniversary. If that was the case, they'd be giving out free massages every day! However, don't let that burst your bubble at all, if the massages are really important, the 25 min stress relief massages are only $50pp. With all of the other inclusions and that fact that you spend almost no money while at the resort, that's barely a drop in the bucket.

We have also been to several resorts in the Caribbean, both AI & not, a cruise, and stayed at a few private homes, and CN is still our favorite when looking at both atmosphere and value. As you may have heard before, the S resorts are very much a "pay for service" type of environment and are more of the gaudy-type of resort deco and layout. What we love about CN is that it is more of a boutique-type atmosphere, teamed with all of the amenities of a larger resort. CN is the only Couples resort that was built by the company from the ground-up, and the layout is the most user-friendly resort we've ever been to. It's probably not the "fanciest" place you've ever been to, but it will be near the highest end of overall quality of experience.

On another note, be extremely grateful that the universe steered you away from MoBay. It is the least friendliest when compared to OR and Negril for off-resort activities. It's the most urban and pretty shady in some areas. Negril is a very friendly place, both on and off the resorts. Also, in regards to your beach comment, and you will see this with your own eyes on the shuttle ride to the resort, MoBay's beaches and water conditions are not even in the same category as the beaches in Bloody Bay and Long Bay. Other than Grand Cayman, I've never seen sand so soft and water so beautiful.

You made the right choice! Enjoy!
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

I will admit my wife and I are very excited! It's been awhile since we did a land based vacation and this by far looks to be the most upper tier level trip we have tried.

No worries about it being fancy or not. We have learned we much prefer casual luxury over overt. What I mean by that is that we put alot more importance in good food and amazing service rather than gaudy marble lobbies you so often see at mega resorts.

I asked this in another thread but I am wondering what type of free/inclusive red wine is served at Couples Negril? I hardly drink beer at all (although I will no doubt make exceptions for Red Stripe lol), and my mainstay is merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon. I prefer new world wines from Chile. I saw the "manager's list" of red wines in that other thread and the cost was ridiculous for some pretty low end bottles. It makes me worried what the quality of the "free" house wine is going to be like?

Does anyone know the type of red wines served, the region they are from, and most importantly if they are drinkable? Obviously "drinkable" depends on how much you like your wines, but hardcore wine lovers will know what I mean =)

We started at MoBay at the 'S' resorts for several trips, 25 cruises under our belt with many stops in Ocho, we tried Negril on a split trip once and have never been back to the 's' resorts since.

You're going to love it. You made the right choice. Next April will be our 5th straight time to CN and our 10th Anniversary trip. We can't seem to go anywhere else. I posted a couple videos from the past two years which should give you a good idea of what you can look forward to. It shows how great CN is. Enjoy your trip and congrats. - Joey

Couples Negril Jamaica 2012 - YouTube

Negril Jamaica 2013 - YouTube

We are so looking forward to our first trip to CN. The videos were great. Thanks for posting them. Do I assume the place for lobster is "Office of Nature". What are the prices like (just so I know how much to take there)? Also should I get some Jamaican money to take with me? We also like the off-resort experience....any other suggestions? Thanks bunches!

What is "Office of Nature" and where is it?

joeymi: Loved the videos. I can't wait another 11 days until we go "home" for the 3rd straight year.

We are also booked for next year for our 4th trip to CN even though we are moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014. Even though we will be retired and living in paradise; I still need my CN fix.

Betty
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

We will be there Thanksgiving week! Can't wait. This will be our second trip. But it's been awhile since we've been back.

Have been to CSA and CSS as well. Maybe see you there!
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

I don't know about massage but we have been to both resorts. Once at 'S' in Mobay and 3 times at CN. No contest. At 'S' you got tired of planes flying over you every 20 minutes during the day. One time at CN we arrived in the middle of a hurricane. 2 of our 4 days it poured. We would still pick CN. Have a great time. You made the right choice.

You do not need Jamaican money, everyone merchant in Jamaica accepts American $$$, not sure what the deal is with Euros. Office of Nature is not connected to CN, it is locally managed/operated on the beach about a 15 minute walk down the beach. Looking at the ocean, go right. They are tourist friendly, serve local food and have cold Red Stripe!

Office of Nature is on Bloody Bay near CN. Very raw, local place that serves beer and lobster. They have some vendors as well, never stopped but all seemed very friendly as we have walked by. I have talked to couples who went over for lunch and said it was good but not fabulous.

Amy

They would prefer the US dollar so I wouldn't worry about changing out your money. If you turn right down the beach the office of nature is about a 10-15 minute walk depending on how many vendors you stop by on the way. "Just give me a look". Tell them you will be back after lunch, trust me they won't forget. On your way you will also pass another Office of Nature, keep going, the 2nd one is the original where you will find gritty and his crew. Lobster and Red Stripe is $20. Sometimes they have huge lobsters and they will ask for another $5 which is worth it. Office of Nature is always the highlight of the trip for us. Have a great trip.

I really want to thank everyone for the wonderful information. We are getting so excited getting there. We are down to 14days 7.5hours. But who's counting? LOL!

Remember - they only serve lobster when in season (out of season April, May, June). Office of Nature lobster was the best I ever had. You can taste the smokey fire it is cooked over (delicious!).

just a note your date is at the end of the Hurricane season I would suggest some form of trip insurance to protect against a late season storm.