Thread: Mani/pedi

Default Mani/pedi

For our trip in October, my wife wants her nails to look nice. When we were living in Brazil, every time we went to the beach, her nails would be chipped and lose their polish within a day or two. Anyone have suggestions on polish techniques, brands or other products?

UV or LED cured polish such as Shellac or Gelish (numerous other brands) lasts up to 2 weeks for me. I do mine myself but I think most nail salons offer this service. If I do mine the day before I leave on a trip it looks good for the entire time I am gone.

Hi! All the resorts have a salon that offers nail services. I have a shellac process done at home and I would assume they have it in Jamaica too! No chips at for at least 2 weeks! Have a great trip!

There's a product used at my local salon called Shellac that lasts about two weeks. It's hard to remove but it does work.

Do not know were you live, but in Houston I get a shellac manicure. Tons of colors to chose from & lasts 2 weeks with no chips or peeling.and is very shiny. Is polish on your own nails no acrylic nail. Can't do on toes cus have to dry under lights. Hope your wife finds something she likes & lasts for the vaca I know my nails will!

Go to a nail salon and get a gel manicure. They can also use it on your toes. The color is cured under a light making it stronger and will last.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by stevesoffers View Post
    For our trip in October, my wife wants her nails to look nice. When we were living in Brazil, every time we went to the beach, her nails would be chipped and lose their polish within a day or two. Anyone have suggestions on polish techniques, brands or other products?
    Hi

Had my fingers and toes bio gelled - 14 days on the beach all day every day and they looked good as new the whole trip.

However, that said, she'll be so chilled at CSA she won't worry about it.

Have a great holiday 😎

Joolz

I always get a gel polish mani/pedi and never deal with chipping, it is especially good for the pedi!
    Nancy

She could also get a set of acrylic nails before the trip. That would last well, also. Although they do have to be either removed upon return (which no chip manicure's need to be too) or maintained, they tend to be about $10 cheaper than a no chip mani. As far as pedicure's, I find that my pedicure's last about 4 weeks at home, so certainly a standard pedi should last the duration of vacation.

We will be heading to Couples in October too, leaving on a Friday, for 9 days, and I will likely go get my mani/pedi on the Wednesday before we leave.

Have a great trip!
    Kelly & Troy
    CTI 2010
    CSS 2013
    CN 2015

I booked a mani/pedi at CN salon. They did a good job though in the end I would recommend getting nails done in advance of trip. I ended up a little stressed and clock watching on beach so I did not miss appointment. And then every minute I sat in the chair being pampered I viewed as minutes that should have been spent with sand between my toes. I enjoy a vacation that is appointment free.

Kat

I also get the Gelfish/Shellac nails. Love them! I have had a mani and pedi at the Spa and they do a great job, but they do not have the lights etc. to set the polish and with the humidity, it was ruined within a few hours.
    Vicky

Don't know how helpful this is, but my wife's nail polish would come off with exposure to our sunscreen, so any time she applied sunscreen, her nail polish would come off a little. She was constantly reapplying. Makes me wonder what the stuff is doing to our skin if it does that to nail polish. Is it possible your wife's polish is coming off due to sunscreen too? If you're wondering which kind of sunscreen did that, it was the Equate (WalMart brand) SPF50 that comes in a 16 oz bottle. We wanted to bring a lot of sunscreen, and that was the best one for the cost, and very highly rated by Consumers Reports.

I don't like acrylics or gel because both make my nails weaker and more prone to breaking. I get a mani/pedi every two weeks. I get a regular manicure and then apply a new coat of topcoat every other day. That gets me through two weeks with no chipping.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I used a sparkle top coat as well which is also another way to prolong the mani/pedi. Quite difficult to remove even with nail polish remover.