Default Best Rooms At Couples Negril?

My wife and I are booked into a deluxe beachfront. Any building # and floor recommendations? It is also our 10 year wedding anniversary ... Are upgrades common at Couples? We will be there Nov 21 - Dec 1.

We are ecstatic to be going to Couples Negril for 10 days. It is our first Time at the chain ... Never experienced this level of resort before, our previous trips were other mega-all-inclusives and cruises.

Quote Originally Posted by bamelin View Post
    My wife and I are booked into a deluxe beachfront. Any building # and floor recommendations? It is also our 10 year wedding anniversary ... Are upgrades common at Couples? We will be there Nov 21 - Dec 1.

We are ecstatic to be going to Couples Negril for 10 days. It is our first Time at the chain ... Never experienced this level of resort before, our previous trips were other mega-all-inclusives and cruises.
    No recommendations as we have only been once many years ago. I think we had a Garden room back then. We got married at CSA and have been to CSS.

We will see you there! We arrive on Nov 23 and leave Nov 30. We splurged and got the Beachfront Suite.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Unfortunately you can make a request for a building but room assignments are not done until the day you check in and are dependant on availability.

If you were standing on the beach looking at the resort, Buildings 1-5 are on the left by the water sports area. The grounds there are more tropical and natural. Buildings 6-9 are on the right side of the resort close to the restaurants and main pool. The grounds here are more manicured and pristene.

The great thing about CN is it is compact and easy to get to things and tends to get people to mingle more.

To begin, you will love Couples Negril. We just booked our 7th trip there. That said, all rooms are great there. You will be a little closer to the beach, probably in building 1 or 6. Just remember no rooms directly face the beach because of the angle of the buildings. No matter where you end up you will love it and CN. Have fun,we have over a year to count down!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamelin View Post

We were there for the first time in june and had room 5104 couldnt ask for a better view...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The biggest difference is between the deluxe rooms and the suites. If you want to pay more for a bigger room that includes some room service, go for a suite. If that doesn't matter, deluxe is the way to go.

As for Garden vs Ocean vs Beachfront, they are all the exact same rooms, so keep in mind that Garden has no view of the sea, Ocean has a partial view of the sea from a set-back position, and Beachfront are steps from the beach.

You will most likely not get an upgrade due to the time of year, but you never know!

We have stayed in two Deluxe Ocean rooms, Buildings 8 & 9, and one Deluxe Garden in Building 3. We will be staying in Deluxe Garden from now on, because Buildings 2-4 are where most of the Garden rooms are, and they are right by the dive shop, which we frequent twice a day at a minimum. From Building 3, we were able to literally walk out of our room 10 mins before our dives and be on the boat minutes before other divers. Can't beat that level of convenience!

Either way, you can't go wrong at CN. This doesn't always get specifically stated on the MB, but CN is by far the most user-friendly of all the resorts, and the only one that was originally built by Couples.

Thanks for the advice all!

I hate to correct another poster, but the picture attached above is from a balcony or patio from building 6 not 5. Building 5 is on the north end by the watersports area. Building 6 looks out over the wedding area and I have had that view for the past 3 years. I think the room must be 6104.

We are booking a Gardenview for our May 2014 trip so we will have a different view next year, but we will be there at CN.

Building 5, end suites facing the beach. Absolutely the best view room wise I have had. Suites are a bit overkill for me now (baths are monstrously large), but the double balcony is really nice.

We went for our honeymoon and stayed in 6201 Beachfront Suite. It was perfect.

We have always been in the Garden rooms, building 3 last 2 visits. Our balcony overlooked a pond and our room was very quiet and in a convenient location. We also will stick with the garden rooms as everything is steps from the beach and that is where we are all day, every day.

We have also opted for a Garden view for our previous trips. Bldg. 3 is quiet and the only road noise we noticed was while in the bathroom with the window louvers open. Very nice view of the ponds and spa area
    CN, Oct 2012, CN May 2013, CN Dec 2013, Booked CN Dec 2014 2015,

We went from the Garden Suites, very big with a double balcony and a nice hammock, to the garden deluxe the cheapest rooms. We are not in the room that much, so the difference in cost means another night or two or we can offset the increase in air fare. But that is us, and I always say, it is your vacation, your dream come true, and your money so spend it the way you want to. In my book there are no really bad rooms at Negril. Is good Mon!

My fiance and I booked a Deluxe Garden room.. are these rooms okay? We just went for the best deal, but I'm sure all of the rooms are amazing! Also it seems like everything is pretty close together anyway so I think we'll be okay no matter where we are.

Thanks!

Matt & Michelle
    St. Louis, MO
    CN 9/16/13 - 9/24/13

We stayed in the Beach front suite when we went in 2009. You won't be disappointed at all!

All rooms are great. We find that we spend very little time during daylight hours in the room. In our three trips we always just book the lowest rate room. We have been there with a large number of friends on all the times we went and we all pretty much booked the same room category. Have fun on your trip.

When we were at CN last year ( first timers after doing CSA multiple times ) we found Beach front, Ocean View, and Garden are pretty meaningless terms. Some Beach Front have so much plant growth you can't see the ocean, some Garden Views (above ground floor) give a pretty decent view of the ocean others don't. It's pretty much a pig-in-a-poke as to the actual view you get. OK, back to last year... I wanted a view and wanted at least 2nd floor. They put us in building 6, right next to the pool and about the 2nd or 3rd room from the ocean. Room was excellent with the possible exception of overlooking the nude beach. I felt like a peeping Tom every time I sat out on the deck to watch the ocean. However, the first night I was ready to kill. The room was loud. Sounded like we were sitting in the drum section of the band. Turns out, the main entertainment is right in the dining room and I could have thrown a rock and hit the dance floor. On the positive side, every other night we just went down and listened to the band and danced for the hour or so they played. It was not like the noise went on forever, and once we got over our first night of being worn out from traveling it was fine. CN is a much smaller resort than CSA, and I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Be sure to do the night snorkel. I've snorkeled all my life but the night snorkel was outstanding!