Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default We're there now! What can we find out for you about CTI?

    This thread is to gather all questions that others would like to see answered about CTI while we're there from 18 - 27 Aug., but could be used for others in the future as a way to get answers to your questions from those on site now or in the future that you just aren't getting answers for on the message board or from staff.

    Post questions here, and we'll try to get you answers while we're there. Having one place to gather these questions and provide answers will be much easier for us all. If this idea catches on it may be confusing with Q&As for all 5 resorts, so this one is specific to CTI. Others with a similar name could be started for the other resorts.

    While we're there we'll look at the message board and answer what we can as best as we can, if you don't mind the answer coming from a first timer, with a first timer's point of view. Since this is our first visit, I wouldn't know what may have changed in the past year, but will give you all the details I can about anything you can give me specifics on or what to look for. Our posts should be visible around the 19th or 20th of Aug. 3 Days, 9 Hours, and 44 minutes, but who's counting?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman799 View Post
    This thread is to gather all questions that others would like to see answered about CTI while we're there from 18 - 27 Aug., but could be used for others in the future as a way to get answers to your questions from those on site now or in the future that you just aren't getting answers for on the message board or from staff.

    Post questions here, and we'll try to get you answers while we're there. Having one place to gather these questions and provide answers will be much easier for us all. If this idea catches on it may be confusing with Q&As for all 5 resorts, so this one is specific to CTI. Others with a similar name could be started for the other resorts.

    While we're there we'll look at the message board and answer what we can as best as we can, if you don't mind the answer coming from a first timer, with a first timer's point of view. Since this is our first visit, I wouldn't know what may have changed in the past year, but will give you all the details I can about anything you can give me specifics on or what to look for. Our posts should be visible around the 19th or 20th of Aug. 3 Days, 9 Hours, and 44 minutes, but who's counting?
    Have a blast, we'll be there for our honeymoon in November. I know one thing that hurts when I look for info is that the message board requires 4 letters in a search term, so 'CTI' is out. Either way, this has already been very helpful.

    The things I'm curious about are:
    What days the cat cruise happens?
    How much the scuba certification would cost?
    Is there a spa menu?
    Is the nightclub done?

    Other than that, just go have fun.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30

    Default

    If you are in deluxe ocean or premiere ocean, could you tell me a little about the room. Thanks

  4. #4

    Default

    Is my beer on ice already???? LOL SEE U SOON!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Has the dock to the island been rebuilt?

  6. #6

    Default

    hAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    What's the deal with the coffee bar/nightclub? We'll be there on Wednesday (COUNTING THE DAYS!) and we're super curious, we assume the nightclub won't be open in time, but would be fun if it was.

    Have never been to a Couples, but we're stoked!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    1st timers...nice! Have fun and enjoy the resort, it's a special place.
    Get to know the staff and those around you and it's even better.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Could you find out if Ricardo is still the bartender in the piano bar? We were there last year in September and he made our tripCant wait to see him again September 11-18. 26 days 12 hours to go, but who is counting?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Any word on the coffee bar/nightclub? We're landing on Wednesday, and are super curious (though not expecting it)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Hello again (we have chatted on one I posted.) Sandman799... Great post and idea!!! We are first timers also but going in Dec. I dont know enough to ask a lot of questions but people always seem to learn things at the end of a trip that they wish they known in the beginning... if you come across anything like that or things you think as a first timer you have to do and things you were iffy on please let us know.. oh and if you took anything with you that is a must have or a "darn it we should have brought this or that"... would be good info too... I will live thru your experience until ours

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Lucky you, and thank you for the generous offer, but please don't over-commit to answering questions "live" from the resort....IMO you're better off just luxuriating in the fabulousness of the resort and then posting a review and answering questions when you return....but everyone is different, so just be sure you do what makes YOU happy when you get there!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Well, sadly, there is no night club yet. What was once the Logo Gift Shop has all the windows covered, but we were still able to see inside. It looks like an empty store, with empty shelves and counters still in place. There doesn't seem to be any evidence of any renovations going on aside from some disconnected electrical lines. We went on the tour soon after arrival and asked about this, but the tour guide didn't know when they planned to have it completed.

    Update - Talked to one of the people in the gift shop who used to work in the Logo Gift Shop, as well as the bartender in the piano bar. Neither had any idea when the night club will be done, and the coffee bar they used to have is no longer offered in the gift shop, and evidently won't be in the future other than the piano bar, which still has its espresso machine, but since that doesn't open until 6:00 pm, you still can't get a cappuccino for breakfast.

    New development on the Patio Restaurant - As of the 18th, it is now buffet only for breakfast and lunch and a-la-carte for dinner. There still is some limited buffet choices limited to salads and deserts, but the main entree and side dishes are now off the menu. Our waiter explained that this was to reduce the amount of food that was being prepared. Maybe this is only a low season change and will go back to buffet for all three meals when the hotel is more fully booked.
    Name:  Patio Restaurant Dinner Menu.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  77.8 KB
    Last edited by sandman799; August 22nd, 2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Update to Patio Restaurant Info

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    Is my beer on ice already???? LOL SEE U SOON!
    Yes, it was... They just keep disappearing though. Our room is right above the lobby terrace so I'll keep a bench freed up for you.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceweasle View Post
    Hello again (we have chatted on one I posted.) Sandman799... Great post and idea!!! We are first timers also but going in Dec. I dont know enough to ask a lot of questions but people always seem to learn things at the end of a trip that they wish they known in the beginning... if you come across anything like that or things you think as a first timer you have to do and things you were iffy on please let us know.. oh and if you took anything with you that is a must have or a "darn it we should have brought this or that"... would be good info too... I will live thru your experience until ours
    We brought darn near everything on the "wish I would have thought of that" list, but not all was really necessary. Some definite must haves though: bring a power strip with multiple outlets. If you have a lot of camera batteries, cell phones, laptop, or other things needing to be plugged in simultaneously this will help. We have a premier ocean view room and the outlets are one on each side of the bed with one free plug on each unless you unplug the lamps, two outlets in the walk-in closet, and two outlets in the bathroom if you unplug the hair dryer. There are also two outlets behind the minibar, but the coffee maker and refrigerator will use up two of those plugs. We found it more convenient to bring a power strip that allows all of our stuff to be plugged in or recharging at the desk. Of course bring a lot of sunscreen. We pre-tanned daily for a month to minimize the risk of sunburn and applied SPF50, but still got a little pink on the shoulders and anywhere we didn't put lotion (tops of feet, for one) on just our first day in the sun. Also, you might plan to rewear some of your clothes, but it's so hot and humid you'll likely get your shirts sweaty, so don't plan to wear them more than once unless you pay to have them laundered. We brought lots of candy (freeze before packing so it doesn't melt), and bottles of OTC meds to give out rather than tipping, but it just seems awkward to give out stuff like that, so we just leave a big pile of candy on the minibar or bed with a note for the housekeeper or turn-down service. Haven't met either yet, but they did take the candy! Housekeeper left two large flowers on our pillows yesterday, so don't know if that's her way of saying thanks or if that's routine procedure. Will post more after we return for anything else that occurs to us.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    Lucky you, and thank you for the generous offer, but please don't over-commit to answering questions "live" from the resort....IMO you're better off just luxuriating in the fabulousness of the resort and then posting a review and answering questions when you return....but everyone is different, so just be sure you do what makes YOU happy when you get there!!
    I don't mind since most of this I'll probably be able to answer pretty quickly and I know how much I'd have appreciated a more immediate response to some of my questions. We are having a great time!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelandSam View Post
    Could you find out if Ricardo is still the bartender in the piano bar? We were there last year in September and he made our tripCant wait to see him again September 11-18. 26 days 12 hours to go, but who is counting?
    Yes, Ricardo is working the piano bar and he's the best!
    Last edited by sandman799; August 22nd, 2013 at 06:35 AM. Reason: update

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perin View Post
    What's the deal with the coffee bar/nightclub? We'll be there on Wednesday (COUNTING THE DAYS!) and we're super curious, we assume the nightclub won't be open in time, but would be fun if it was.

    Have never been to a Couples, but we're stoked!
    No nightclub and so far nobody has any idea when they plan to open it. Transformation doesn't even seem to have started since the shelves and counters that were in the Logo Gift Shop are still there. No work going on at the moment either. Sorry, we were looking forward to that too.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    Has the dock to the island been rebuilt?
    Yes, very nice dock too!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Unfortunately, based on how often this board is "moderated" and refreshed you'll be answering these questions from home.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikor View Post
    Unfortunately, based on how often this board is "moderated" and refreshed you'll be answering these questions from home.
    We're not leaving until the 27th, so there's still a few days to answer what we can from here. As for how the board is moderated and may take a couple days for people to see what's posted, I found if you've already posted, you can edit that post and it's immediately viewable. Since that's the case I'll try to put answers in edits where I can.
    Last edited by sandman799; August 22nd, 2013 at 06:35 AM.

  22. #22

    Default

    All the bartenders float from bar to bar. We've seen Ricardo at the Spa, Island, Swim Up Bar, Piano Bar and the Main Bar. Ricardo is awesome.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman799 View Post
    Our first day there was a bartender working the main bar named Ricardo. Set me up with my first Bob Marley shot! He may be the same. I'll check names in the piano bar tonight.
    The very same, I'm sure. Staff rotates Piano/Pool/Island/Main

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    The things I'm curious about are:
    What days the cat cruise happens? Cat cruises are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. You need to schedule it in advance and sign a waiver at 2:45, then the boat leaves at 3:30. Lots of rum punch, lots of fun!

    How much the scuba certification would cost?
    Name:  CTI PADI Certifications.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  187.0 KB

    Is there a spa menu?
    I have a bunch of spa menu pics that will be uploaded in a separate post.

    Is the nightclub done? No, nightclub looks like it hasn't even been started aside from shutting down the previous Logo Gift Shop. Nobody seems to have any idea when it will be done but haven't found anyone in management to ask yet.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbw View Post
    If you are in deluxe ocean or premiere ocean, could you tell me a little about the room. Thanks
    We're in a Premier Ocean room. The best thing I could tell you about the room would be for you to go to Oyster.com and look up their resort review. They include dozens of pictures of all varieties of rooms. There's a lot of personal preference involved in deciding which room would be most enjoyable for you. There's budget of course, but if you can afford it I recommend getting any room that faces the island for the best view. All the buildings except bldg 5 face the island. Bldg 5 faces west and overlooks a bay next door. Premier Ocean View rooms are in bldgs 2 and 3. Bldg 2 is by the main pool, so your view is of both the pool and island. Bldg 3 is the main bldg, with the most direct view of the island and the entire beach area. Except for the suites, the view seems to be the main thing that affects the price of the rooms, and all amenities are the same otherwise. The lower cost rooms don't have such direct views of the ocean or island or may face the garden areas. The room we had was directly centered on the island and right over the lobby terrace with a great view from the pier to the east side of the beach area. The bed is comfortable, but is a firm mattress, which may not be the best for everyone. There's a large selection of pillows on the bed. The A/C works great, the balcony is fantastic but very hot in the morning until the sun comes up a bit more and offers some shade. None of the rooms other than suites have bathtubs. All others have a large walk-in shower big enough for both of you at once. All rooms have minibars, but that name's a bit misleading. They bring full size 750ml bottles up! As much as I try, I may still not get my rum and vodka finished! If you have a lot of things to keep charged up or plugged in, you might want to bring a power strip with multiple outlets. Other than that, the room has everything you could want!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •