Default What happens if it rains?

I'm staying at CSA next week and trying to talk hubby into trading places to CN for a day and trying the AN beach. Forecast looks pretty rainy so i was just curious what would happen in that situation. I guess we'd just hide out in a restaurant and wait it out? He's doing scuba on Mon and we're doing one love tour on weds so i guess that just leaves Friday. If it looks rainy fri, should we skip it? I was excited to finally have him on board to try something new but wondered how that would play out and if it's worth it to try.

Rain never stays around for very long. I wouldn't fret. If it rains, grab a bar stool and join in on the conversation. Or hop in the hot tub where I am also sure there will be conversations going on.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

It usually doesn't last long - if you can, stay where you are

One year it started pouring just as we arrived at ssb at css - everyone left -since we just got there, we decided to stay & wait it out under an umbrella - it rained A LOT for about 20 minutes.

Then the sun came out and it was a perfectly clear day! The best sun of the whole day.

We had all of ssb to ourselves for 3 hours!

Complete with bartender and chef...

One of the best memories ever!

If you're trading places and its a total wash out - you can always grab a cab back to Swept away.

You get wet!!! liquid sunshine never hurt anyone... A couple of bob marley's and ya won't notice it
    Colin & Jeannie

CN 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
    CSS 2011
    CSA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Rain never stays around for very long. I wouldn't fret. If it rains, grab a bar stool and join in on the conversation. Or hop in the hot tub where I am also sure there will be conversations going on.
    True that!

Well, your suit won't get wet if you're on the a/n beach!

Quote Originally Posted by rae_Dave View Post
    Well, your suit won't get wet if you're on the a/n beach!
    Love your response rae_dave! We have never left SSB for afternoon rain. Usually only lasts for a little while. Even the rain is generally quite warm and the sun usually comes right back after a shower. Love the liquid sunshine!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014....Soon come!!

Would you rather be wet at CSA or wet & naked with your husband at CN? The only drawback might be not having a room to access for interludes......
    Irie,
    TonyS

I would bring a hat and 'hide out' in the nude hot tub with your spouse. Just put your stuff under a float to keep it dry. Grab a fresh drink, and head for the hot tub. Also, the new bar on the CN Nude beach has more overhang than the old one. You can put a towel down on a bar stool and hang in there.
    Very pleasant during a rain storm!

"Also, the new bar on the CN Nude beach has more overhang than the old one. You can put a towel down on a bar stool and hang in there.
    Very pleasant during a rain storm!"

Which we did the only afternoon that it rained when we were there last month.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Why worry about gettin gwet if you are either in the pool or Ocean. Grab another drink and enjoy.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

Make fort out of the floaties, and invite some friends in!

I think any of the repeaters can tell you, a little liquid sunshine is just part of the experience.
    Peace,
    BostonWalt

Love liquid sunshine!

Cover your drink!

Liquid sunshine is the best!! One afternoon at SSB, it rained for about 10 minutes, right during lunch time. My wife sat on a chair under an umbrella by the pool, and I stood out, letting the warm rain wash over me. I just simply held the plate of food under the umbrella so it didn't get rained on.

DJ, I'll help you build a fort next time we are there. April 26 soon come.

84 days 15 hours 10 minutes!!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

It rained off and on all day for 2 of our first 7 days this week (20Jan14). The first time, we left the beach and went to the gym, then our room. We returned late in the afternoon when it finally cleared off. The second time we stayed on SSB huddling under an umbrella and covered in towels. But the cold and wet forced us into the room just after lunch and we took a nap. I can take overcast, and a brief warm rain, but a long cold drizzle really sucks.

Default Let it rain

Rain was the best part about our first trip to a AN resort two years ago. It poured - everyone huddled under the shelter of the SSB pool bar. We met just about everyone on the beach there, played a trivia game and 60 minutes later we were in the sun drying off. We have since been to several AN resorts - the one thing they all share is a friendly, good natured group of people, some very outgoing some less but all people you will enjoy meeting. No that there is a hot tub - it's probably the best place to shake any chill from the rain. Enjoy your vacation - we are back in April - rain or no rain!