Default CSS Memories to last forever ~~~

I know that most people post their excitement and anticipation about their upcoming trips ---- and many post fabulous reviews and what they took away with them from the Jamaican paradise. So - I am sorry if this post offends some of you.

My husband and I were returning “home” this spring for the fourth time in as many years to CSS. We first went in 2010 and were immediately hooked. We both loved the lush, tropical atmosphere. We were given the Prime Minister suite in “D” block on the first time. Awesome views. We thought it was THE BEST block of rooms until we discovered “G” block the next year. The views were magnificent. We spent most of our time at that end of the resort and much of it in the private cove. And we were delighted the third year to have an even BETTER room in “G”. The days were always spent with no schedule, no rush …… no worries, Mon. We explored every single nook and intimate cranny of the grounds.

We were so excited about returning this year as we always are. I had bought him a special shirt to wear the night of our private dinner ---- we did that every year in the gazebo. We had become friends with so many of the staff. We couldn’t wait to see them. We looked forward to the repeaters dinner spent with Pierre and other special staff members and the exquisite food. We looked forward to the beach party with the steel drums and amusing fashion show. We looked forward to the sparkly, magical and entertaining Starlight Gala.

But on March 22nd, my life changed forever. My husband died suddenly in the early hours of the morning from a heart attack. He was 52. No prior warning symptoms --- he saw his doctor regularly. My heart broke that morning as my knight in shining armor rode away – never to return.

After the initial shock wore off, I came to the bleak realization that I would never return to our beloved “vacation home”. How could I? without him? without being a “couple”?

Cherish those times with the one you love. Make the most of every experience and live life to the fullest.

The memories are strong and vivid of our fantastic annual visits to CSS. Those can never be taken from me. My comforting thought is that I had that chance to share several special times in our Jamaican paradise with the man who will have my heart forever.

Susan
    Last edited by KruznSusan; May 1st, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Stan & Susan ("StanSuzie")
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    CSS April 2010
    CSS April 2011
    CSS May 2012

So sorry for your loss.
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Susan,

I am so sorry for your loss. It really does make you think. I just lost my cousin a few weeks ago to a brain aneurysm. He was 49. You just never know so you need to cherish every moment you have with all of your loved ones.

Huge hugs to you....
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Oh Susan, we are so sorry to hear about the devastating loss of your beloved husband. We just returned from our trip to paradise and we cherished every moment we had together. Reading your post has reinforced my resolve to be a better wife to my husband and to enjoy each other every day.

We hope you have lots of family and friends around you to help you heal and remember the wonderful man you loved for all those years.

Sorry for your loss. Your husband must have had great taste having someone who can write so eloquently about love. Your memories are greater than your loss, because without them there would be no loss. It is good to hear you have CSS as one of many wonderful memories.

My father-in-law came into a small but large enough amount of money when he was 80. He said, "I always wanted to travel, but never had the money. Now I have the money and we aren't able to travel." The he looked at me and said, "Take my daughter places." We have gone somewhere every year. Both my in-laws died two years later and we have used the income we got from their estate to go on vacations. CSS is a great memory for us thanks to a great man in our lives.

Again thank you for sharing your memory through the pain of your loss and the lesson we all need to hear again and again: don't put off making memories.

Susan,
    My heart goes out to you. So sorry for your loss. I am touched by your words "cherish those times with the one(s) you love". Keep your memories close for comfort.
    Hugs,
    Sue

Susan, we are sorry to hear for your loss. You certainly have our sympathies. My girlfriend and I are going to CN in 3 days, where I'm planning on proposing. It was already going to be a special time for us, but with your letter and the added perspective it gives, I'm going to make sure we savor every moment we have together. Again, sorry for your loss. I'm sure many of the others on this board will post similar sentiments; this is a great community on here.

Susan i'm so sorry for your loss. May god wrap you and your family in his arms. I just got married in December 2012 i could not even imagine what my life would be like with out her in it and we are newly weds. I'm glad god blessed you with great memories that you will cherish forever. I now this is not of much help but i will say a prayer for you and your family. May god bless you and be with you while you are going thru this.

Justin, (part of your couples family.)

Susan-
    Your post is a wonderful homage to Couples San Souci. It is also terribly heart breaking. Tears were streaming down my face as I read it. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that your faith, family and friends are of some comfort to you now. Thank you for taking the time to remind all of us how precious and fleeting life is and the importance of cherishing each and every moment. Hold fast to your treasured memories.
    Kelly & Troy
    CTI 2010
    CSS 2013
    CN 2015

Oh, my heart just broke into a million pieces for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine. Selfishly, I don't want to imagine. I know that day will come for all of us without warning, and I try every day to appreciate the time I have with my husband. I wish you peace and I hope those cherished memories can see you through on the toughest days as you try to cope with the loss.

[
    Dear Susan

So sorry to hear of your very sad loss - condolences from across the pond to you and your family...

...but thank you also for finding the time at this moment, to share your thoughts with us all - to remind us about what is important in this life and to cherish the times when we are able to share those special moments with those we love.

What is in your heart can never be lost.

Best regards.

Susan,
    I"m so sorry for your loss. As I was reading your post I couldn't help the tears from coming. I think you speak for many of us on how important it is to make the time to spend with the one you love. Life is so unpredictable and we need to cherish each day. Thank you for reminding us of that, and again.. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Oh Susan, I am so sorry for your loss. This is breaking my heart. I will take your advice and cherish every moment with the ones I love. hugs to you

Kelly

God bless you Susan. I'm so sorry for the loss of your knight. I have one too and can only imagine the heartache and loss. Thank you for the reminder to cherish our loved one and never take for granted the beautiful memories we create together. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. ~Kristen

Susan, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is unimaginable. Your post reinforces to me the importance of cherishing each day with loved ones - I too wish you peace. I'm so sorry.

So very sorry for your loss, and yet so very happy you and your husband had made some memories to cherish and look back on. I hope in the days ahead you can begin to heal, at your own pace, and remember your love. God Bless you!
    Brenda

Susan, I am really sorry for your loss. I do agree with you, cherish every day you have because you never know when they will end. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Linda

Susan,
    My heart aches for you and I admit that as I read your post, the tears instantly began to flow. I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will treasure all of the precious moments with my husband as we travel to Couples for our 3rd visit in a few weeks. Thank you for sharing this with your Couples family,
    Prayers for you,

Becky (and John)

CTI 2009
    CN 2012
    CSS 2013

Susan,
    Your post made my heart hurt so much. My husband and I went to CSS for the first in April 2012, and fell in love all over again. We are returning again in July to do exactly what we did the last time...relax, love, cherish, love, and laugh. Your post just reminds me even more to love every second of life and cherish every memory, at home and CSS.
    Happiness and prayers your way
    Ciara

I am shocked after reading your tragic post and I am so very sorry that your husband passed away...my heart breaks and aches for what you must be going through.
    My most sincere condolences.

We have a dear friend who lost he husband Michael is a very similar way. She was devastated. For many years she had a great hole in her soul. Then after about 8 years had passed, she found love again with one of Michaels and her good friends from the past. While she still misses and loves Michael, she has now begun to live her life again and is very happy. I hope that you too find love again. Your husband would have wanted you to be happy. Hugs!

Susan, just browsing the message boards in anticipation of our trip to CSS next month, when I came upon your post. I really just wanted to reply so I could say 'thank you' for sharing.
    I tend be be sharp of tounge and quick to anger. I love hard and I fight hard, but no one takes the words I say harder than I do when I think back on them. My husband is far fom perfect, and I would say in that respect, that we are perfectly matched.
    I know I am not alone in vowing to make this vacation our very best. Rather its our 3rd of 20 or God forbid, our very last.
    I deeply appriciate your beautiful words, which serve as a great reminder to cherish each moment.

Much Love to you

Stacey Moss