Hybrid View

Default Dirty Banana Recipe

I was visiting in Negril last Sept and we are planning on going again in May 2014. One of my favorite things about our trip was the endless Dirty Banana drinks we had. You guys should post the recipe so I can make some before I go!

Tia Maria
    Simple Syrup
    Rum Cream (some bartenders don't add this, some do. I like it with Rum Cream)
    1/2 banana (never ever ever use Banana Liqueur and if they are out of bananas at the bar... get something else!)
    Milk
    Ice
    Blend it!

You can substitute Strawberry Syrup for the simple syrup and you end up with a perfect Hummingbird!
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    1/2 banana (never ever ever use Banana Liqueur and if they are out of bananas at the bar... get something else!!
    I completely agree with the banana liqueur comment. Our first day we ordered one, and they were out of bananas for the evening, so they substituted liqueur. The next day we got one with real bananas, and it made a world of a difference!

Also, when making dirty bananas in between trips, make sure to use very ripe bananas, even ones that are browning. They make it that much sweeter.

Me again ... Will be entertaining friends at home tomorrow who we met at CSS a few years ago. have travelled back with them on one occasion and we continue to get together for dinner/drinks a couple times a year.
    We plan on having an old fashioned Bacon Fry but the rest of the night will be filled with Jamaican influences ... Dirty Bananas made in the Margaritaville blender and ice cold Red Stripes. Still have some Blue Mountain Coffee Liqueur left for coffee drinks later in the evening after listening to the Jimmie Buffett concert on Sirius radio live from Wisconsin. Life is good with great friends ... All because we met them over a couple of Dirty Bananas at CSS!

Dirty Banana ... Love these delicious cocktails on our many trips to CSS ... For a little extra try ordering a Filthy Banana ... Just some more extra proof rum poured over the top after blended - Enjoy!

This is probably the most popular "frozen drink" on Negril beach. Taste like a milkshake, but beware, they're very "dirty"! This recipe makes a full pitcher.

Ingredients
    3 ounces Tia Maria
    3 ounces rum cream liqueur
    3 ounces dark rum
    6 ounces milk
    2 ounces simple syrup
    1 1/2 bananas
    ice

Directions
    Fill blender 3/4 way with ice.
    Add all the ingredients and blend well.
    Note: simple syrup is a mixture of 1/2 water& 1/2 sugar that is simmered til sugar is dissolved & cooled.

The recipe I have for a Dirty Banana is:

Sugar Syrup
    1/2 a Banana
    1 1/2 oz. Tia Maria
    2 oz. Milk

Blend with ice.

This is from the recipe cards that they have on the bars. Seems like when they're making them, they put more things in, though.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by thezugelders View Post
    I was visiting in Negril last Sept and we are planning on going again in May 2014. One of my favorite things about our trip was the endless Dirty Banana drinks we had. You guys should post the recipe so I can make some before I go!
    Hi thezugelders,

We also enjoy Dirty Bananas in between our Jamaica trips. The recipe we use is:
    Fill blender half way with ice.
    1 ounce Jamaican Rum Cream (per drink)
    1 ounce Tia Maria (per drink)
    1 banana (good for a pitcher of four drinks)
    Splash of simple syrup, if desired
    Top up blender with cream milk and blend away!

Mrs Pookie

Darn it anyway, reading these recipes have really made me want many of these again, have to wait another 63 days till I can get one at Swept Away and 69 days till I can have some at Negril.

Here's a way to make it very easy:

1 Banana
    Whole tray of ice
    Pour in the desired amount of Appleton Rum, usually I make it a little less then a quarter of the blender
    A little bit of Kalhula
    Tiny bit of french vanilla creme.
    Blend.

After a while youll get your desired amount of everything so it tastes perfect to you.
    Enjoy!!!

Stash