Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-n-Lisa View Post
    Where on earth are the people from who are opposed to wearing long pants to dinner while on vacation, anywhere? Seriously? that is a bone of contention? Who care how much your flip flops and shorts cost, that's not the point! We LOVE CN BECAUSE they have a few simple dress code standards! If people want to let it all hang out and walk around in whatever, GO TO A RESORT THAT WELCOMES THAT! When my wife and I step out for an elegant and romantic dinner in slacks, collar shirt and she's in a beautiful dress and heels, we don't want to be seated with Jimmy Buffet and the Parrot Heads! No judgement here, just what's the fuss???
    No ...no judgement in your post.....you say What's the fuss?.....well why are you fussing? Whatever happened to live & let live. This is how Lychee has been...now it's changing?
    You have Othetie for dress up.....I'm not saying I dress grungy but on vacation I want to relax....I've seen guys show up in long pants that looked like they slept in them....is that better?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Ok,
    I said I would report back on the shorts at the Lychee issue. By now you may have noticed that the website has been updated to read "Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks/dress shorts and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, beach shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional." All of the printed material at the resort indicated short were ok as did the two guest services staff members that I asked. It looked like about 80% of the men were in shorts the nights we ate at the Lychee. Some wore what didn't qualify as "dress shorts" in my opinion but it didn't seem to bother anyone. I was fortunate enough to meet and speak with Gary Stephens who also confirmed this as well as GM Ricardo Bowleg. Both Gary and Ricardo were great to talk to and seemed genuinely interested in hearing our thought and making our stay a great experience, which it was! Other than a bit more rain than we're used to, it was an awesome trip. We loved the new dance party on the beach after the beach party. The Silverbirds now perform on Friday so we got to hear them twice!

Thank you "Gary_and_Patti" for the clarification on the dress code. I knew for the past 3 years I had worn shorts and was hoping to be able to continue that dress code next May 2014.

I guess what we all love about CN is CN. If men wear pants at dinner, irie man. When you have saved, booked, counted-down to your vacation, the last thing you want to do is worry about how to dress. It's too beautiful in Jamaica to worry about a ting. However, if too many changes are made to the resorts we are so loyal to for years, it does give one pause to surf the net for other places without so many restrictions. I hope Couples doesn't change anything about any of their resorts by way of regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_and_Patti View Post
    Ok,
    I said I would report back on the shorts at the Lychee issue. By now you may have noticed that the website has been updated to read "Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks/dress shorts and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, beach shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional." All of the printed material at the resort indicated short were ok as did the two guest services staff members that I asked. It looked like about 80% of the men were in shorts the nights we ate at the Lychee. Some wore what didn't qualify as "dress shorts" in my opinion but it didn't seem to bother anyone. I was fortunate enough to meet and speak with Gary Stephens who also confirmed this as well as GM Ricardo Bowleg. Both Gary and Ricardo were great to talk to and seemed genuinely interested in hearing our thought and making our stay a great experience, which it was! Other than a bit more rain than we're used to, it was an awesome trip. We loved the new dance party on the beach after the beach party. The Silverbirds now perform on Friday so we got to hear them twice!
    So what is your definition of dress shorts? And what is not?

Great to see that the website was updated to match the onsite literature (and the reality) rather than the other way around! There are many reasons we love CN, but I can honestly say that Lychee is a selling point for me! I LOVE having access to an indoor restaurant that has A/C and does not require me to wear something that I hate wearing the rest of the evening. It is one of the things that keeps me coming back!
    We tend to eat at Otaheite one time, or not at all when we are at CN because it's too hot to wear what we had to put on to get in the door. Great to have a choice for everyone, including those who love to get dressed up.
    Respect and good travels! Couples keeps earning my vacation dollars!
    Roy

Maybe not swim trunks! I guess the only opinion that matters is whoever is seating the guests. Personally, I don't care at all what anyone else is wearing, I'm just happy to be there!

Here are my two cents. We were at CN in mid July and both ours and our friends luggage, all 4 pieces, were lost by the airline. I'm not sure if the folks at Lychee could see the stress on our faces and didn't say anything about our dress but they allowed us to eat there in the clothes we wore on the plane. I was in a t-shirt and cargo shorts and the rest of the group was basically dressed as casual. We did eat there a couple more times after our luggage was delivered and dressed nicer but never like we did when we went to Otaheite except for the night of the repeaters dinner.

I hope this stays the same because I love Lychee but if I have to dress like you do at Otaheite we probably won't go as much and it sounds like that is not the case.

I was at CN two weeks ago, and my husband wore nice shorts twice at Lychee, as did other men. Also, the book in the rooms describing all the amenties, including dress codes for the restaurants did not say anything about pants being a requirement -- it only mentioned Otaheite. The website is the only place we have seen this.

CN April 2006 (MARRIED!!)
    CN July 2008
    CTI March 2010
    CN April 2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2