Default Question about the shuttle from the airport to CSA

Experienced CSA travelers-Do I need to call CSA to let them know my flight schedule so they can arrange a shuttle to pick us up from the airport? We arrive in less than 2 weeks!!! Any other advise would be awesome too Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LMS530 View Post
    Experienced CSA travelers-Do I need to call CSA to let them know my flight schedule so they can arrange a shuttle to pick us up from the airport? We arrive in less than 2 weeks!!! Any other advise would be awesome too Thanks!
    From my one and only (so far) impression, the lounge will get you there no matter what time you arrive, announced or unannounced. The shuttles leave regularly. But you should call anyway and give the resort the info.

On our first trip we booked our flights and room on the Couples website so they had our flight info already. For our upcoming trip we had to book the room over the phone (due to low availability) and therefore the flights separately. When I was done booking the room the nice lady on the phone asked for my flight info and when I told her I didn't have it yet she said to call back as soon as I do. I think this is more for the resort's organization than anything else.

Less than two weeks to go, eh!? I have a little over three Advice? There is so much on these boards that you'll find whatever you need. I'd say, buy a Bubba Keg to keep your drinks cold. The Bubbas were the most important items we brought with us. In the early afternoon (in our experience) you can get coconuts from a cart near Sea Grapes. If nobody is at the cart you can ask one of the guys at the grill to cut the top off for you. Drink the water by itself or take it to the beach bar and have them add rum (or whatever you like) to it. Those are two "tips" that I can offer, everything else will come naturally. Enjoy, mon!

No, you will just make your way from customs to the Couples Lounge in the airport and catch the next bus going to the resort.

You will enter your info at precheckin...for both arriving and departing flights

Or, our first year we didn't know about prechckin, and our travel agent called to ask a few days prior, assuming couples asked them

At the bottom of any page is the Romance Rewards. Click on that to register, then look on the left margin to pre checkin. They will ask you your flight info and you can pick what you want in your minibar. Also you will start earning rewards in future visits, have fun!

I'm interested to see the answers, but I just filled out the flight information with the Romance Rewards pre-check in, so i think that's how they will know when we are arriving

No. They have your name, they know the flight schedules and arrange transportation around the airline schedules. Really a very smooth operation. When you get to the Couples Lounge, your fun will begin as they will handle everything from there. Grab a Red Stripe or 2, a restroom break and off you go, usually about 20 minutes after getting to the lounge. It is good Mon!

No need to call or anything. The Couples lounge is where you will go once you've gone through immigration, etc. They will have beverages there and once there are enough people there will be another shuttle. Someone once told us a shuttle leaves every 20 minutes. I'd say when we were there in December we waited 30 mins, but it could have been less since we were so amped to get to the resort!
    Melissa & Chris
    Married at CSA on 12/14/12 (12/110/12-12/20/12)
    Booked for CN 12/13/13-12/21/13

Sign up for Romance Rewards. Then do a Pre-Check In online and they ask for all your flight information. That way they know when to expect you! You also choose your mini bar requests at that time. Enjoy!!!!

They know your coming dont worry!!

I always e-mail them with my flight info, so they know what flight number and what time we arrive.

Couples Resorts already knows your coming. After you go through customs follow the people to the transportation wing. There is a Couples Resorts store front. Go to the desk, give them your name and resort your going to and they will hook you up. They will offer you a drink, use of their bathroom and soon you will be on your way. No Problem!

You should let them know in advance to cover your bases. If you reserve your room over the phone they will ask you to call back with your flight info.

However, my impression of the shuttle operation is they will get there no matter what (they leave often).

Enjoy CSA and leave some Red Stripe for us, we'll be arriving week later!

No you don't have to inform them...they already know

They know what day you are arriving by your Couples reservation. Flight arrival time is irrelevant as the shuttle busses are departing about every 15 to 20 minutes for the various Couples resorts all day. Planes are delayed and rescheduled all the time so they do not even try to track all their guest's arrival times. The folks at the lounge will have a list of all guests scheduled to arrive that day and someone will be there to greet you as long as the airport is open and has arriving flights. Regardless of your arrival time you will have a shuttle to CSA. Once you are on the plane to MoBay you are home free to stop worrying. You are on vacation!

Departure is more critical. They need to know when your outbound flight is scheduled to depart so they can schedule your check out and bus ride back to the airport in time for all the airline and security jazz before you leave.

Have a great trip! You will love CSA!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Last edited by Katrina; August 19th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

My question above was answered by the resort... Maybe this will help someone else in the future.

"we are no longer able to provide the transfers on any other day except the day of arrival. This is due to strict insurance guidelines that we must follow as guests are covered only between arrival and departure dates. Thanks for understanding."

No, the shuttles only go between the airport and Couples Resort. They are for current guests only, not those arriving in a day or so.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Nope. Arrive, go to Couple's lounge (turn left coming out of customs) and check in, enjoy a Red Stripe while waiting for the shuttle announcement (max 15 minutes) enjoy the scenery while travelling to paradise.

I hope new arrivals were mindful of Katrina's quote from Couples management: "we are no longer able to provide the transfers on any other day except the day of arrival. This is due to strict insurance guidelines that we must follow as guests are covered only between arrival and departure dates. Thanks for understanding." I remember Randymon posting something about this earlier this summer.

Soooo, DO be sure to call Couples and LET THEM KNOW IN ADVANCE OF YOUR ARRIVAL TIME.