Default CSS first time after many CN trips

We returned from CSS on August 2nd after 11 night stay. I must say we were nervous after having stayed at CN on previous trips and enjoyed our CN trips so much, we almost felt like traitors to CN and our friends there. I must say that feeling left us quickly, the resort is beautiful, the staff very nice helpful and accommodating, the restaurants were excellent and we very much enjoyed the big Bar B Q on Tuesdays and the Friday night International buffet on the lawn, the work that gets put into the set up on these evenings is amazing! The entertainment on our second Tuesday there was much better than the first Tuesday, the nightly entertainment was good our first week but the second week it was really good, so as you see things change on a weekly basis which is good.

The beach was nicer than we expected the water was very clear our entire stay and calm, no it is not the beach that CN has but it still was very nice, we had to do multiple trips walking back and forth daily to get in exercise for my back issues and my recent shoulder surgery as lying in a recliner all day would have not been possible. At CN we would walk the beach twice in the mornings round trip and three times in the afternoon round trip, so here with the shorter beach we just walked more laps! To those who had issue with Spike being topless on the beach and expressed this to Management know the rules before you go and to those who commented why doesn't she go to the AN beach, well AN is exactly that not topless not clothing optional so sorry but we were not going to move to a beach that we were not interested in going to for you, and as Management explained to you it is permitted on the regular beach any where on the regular beach.

Our room in B block was a spectacular beach front suite very large and spacious rooms and bathroom, nice little balcony and first floor level for us was great.

OK so which will we choose next year CN or CSS? Actually both for a split stay as both are different than each and we want some time at each. Our fears of being bored for our length of time at CSS never happened! We are very happy we decide to try CSS.

Couples just does it right at both locations!

Good for you on sticking to your guns on the topless on main beach issue. Yes, not very many go topless on the main beach, but it IS ALLOWED, so get over it is what I say. When did a couple boobies hurt anybody???

Glad you loved CSS and glad your wife enjoyed topless sunbathing, and to the one who complained... geesh

Who complains about topless anyway?!!! The 50's were well over half a century ago. Conservative or not, that's just weak! Every island we've been to in the Caribbean had topless women on the beaches. If it bothers you so much, don't freakin look....

Way to stand your ground, columbo. I'm sure we'll read about it on TA! LOL
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

I guess simple solution to nudity and topless bothering you at Couples Resorts is to go to Couples Barbados

Columbo,

I have never met you, but I know who you are as we were at Couples Negril together in 2011. I know that you and Spike love to walk the beach so I was a bit nervous when you decided to try CSS. I am so glad you had a great time , in spite of the complaints. CSS is very beautiful and different from CN. We love the beachfront suites as well. Although they are dated, they are very nicely laid out and very spacious with large bathrooms. Again, so glad that you had a nice time.

After something-teen trips to CN (plus one visit to CTI, plus one trading places day at Swept Away) we are trying CSS next month. Thanks for your comments, Columbo. We used to go to Braco so we know the north side of the island isn't the 7-mile, but we spend all our time on the beach so it's good to know that "CN people" liked it. It appears that the sunset beach hot tub will be done before we get there which will be great. As for the boob thing, there are always people who want drama about something. They'll find it somewhere, either someone else's nudity or music or smoking or they way they pour the syrup on their pancakes. I'm so irie by the end of our vacations that if a guy walked into breakfast with nothing but body paint, a bottle of rum and a smile I'd be like, no problem. At this point, I'm pretty much like that the first day, too (irie, not body-painted).

Very odd that someone would complain - every time we've been to css, there was always someone topless. In most resorts outside the us it's pretty common.

Now - I'll be completely honest - there are some guys who I wish would wear a top! Man boobs are not pretty.

Im curious to know why there has been so many negative reviews on trip advisor about CSS lately.. It seems on here most everyone enjoys it. We are going for our 1st time in April. We went to TI 3 yrs ago. Guess I shouldn't read trip advisor so much. lol
    No worries, just situations

grayturtles
    Somewhere along the line you answered one of our fears about enjoying CSS and 11 nights starting to be boring and you suggested to go try it and thought we would enjoy it so we did!!! It is very romantic and I felt in a sense people dressed up more here at night as everything is so beautiful, great place to spend with your spouse/ best friend in the world!!! Thanks for all your input and helping us make the choice!!!

Spike is Spike she grew up in the fashion industry in NYC with her mom and we live 10 minutes outside Manhattan so her "style" as the Jamaicans call it are different than most both on the beach (born in Italy so very European) and her evening fashions as I am sure you had first hand experience at CN when we were there LOL. Funny at the repeater dinner someone asked if she was from Nebraska ( and no disrespect to those from Nebraska) she smiled and said do I look dressed as if I am from Nebraska, they smiled and said not really!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grayturtless View Post
    Columbo,

I have never met you, but I know who you are as we were at Couples Negril together in 2011. I know that you and Spike love to walk the beach so I was a bit nervous when you decided to try CSS. I am so glad you had a great time , in spite of the complaints. CSS is very beautiful and different from CN. We love the beachfront suites as well. Although they are dated, they are very nicely laid out and very spacious with large bathrooms. Again, so glad that you had a nice time.

Columbo,

I can't imagine anyone complaining about Spike going topless. Lol. She is beautiful. Hope you don't have a problem next time.

Pete,
    You guys are rock stars! Hitting CSS for 11 days! WOW! So glad Spike is still rattling cages! We had to skip Negril altogether this year... Lisa's work schedule would not permit! However we are gearing up for Feb. '14! Pumped up ya know!?!? Hope to see you guys sometime again!

Tim, Lisa we are booked late July into August next year at CSS, but looking to do CN in February, no dates yet till we check some schedules.

grayturtles, Spike says thanks so much for the compliment you make her feel good! hopefully we meet at some point and have a drink together!

Tim N Lisa you guys launched her youtube career LOL!!!!!! Spike struts her stuff Negril!! and Lady Donna once again!!!

i am happy your gorgeous partner stuck to her guns, and would defend the right of a 95 year old granny from Doncaster ( or Nebraska ?) to do the same - she would be equally gorgeous in her own way.

Small minded people and the body beautiful police can go and find another beach to patrol and suck a lemon on IMHO.

Ruth