Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How Crowded is the Airport...

On a Saturday around 11a.m. end of October?

Just wondering if Mobay is worth it at that time. I have no problem getting it, just wanted to ask from other's experience about the immigration and customs lines. I know there are times when the wait is minimal too.

Thanks

Lori

LoriJenn -

You might be alright at 11 in the morning. Most of the Saturday flights get in around 12:30-2pm. We usually get in around 11:30 and don't have any issues with immigration. You can always check out the flight schedules online or go to the Sangster airport website the Saturday before you leave to see the flights coming in at the time your plane is supposed to land. The flight schedules shouldn't change that much week to week.

How long is a string?
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Saturday is a tough day. I don't know about October. We arrive on the 11:44 flight from Philly and the lines are long. We always use Club Mobay. I have heard that the lines could be 2 hours. By that time I am at the resort enjoying my first Red Stripe. Club Mobay is always a gamble, but you really apreciate it when you skip right through. The last time, Aug 2013, the lines were up the ramp!

It's impossible to say but we flew in on a Saturday last April at around 3 pm, was sure the lines would be terrible, and the place was empty. Zipped right through. We must have been the only plane landing. Other times we've had long lines on a Wednesday and it took us a while, good luck

Saturdays are one of the worst days for immigration in Jamaica. However, I can't imagine Mobay would save more than 30 minutes, but have never used it, so I can't personally vouch. The longest it has ever taken us from plane to Couples lounge is 45 minutes, and it goes fast.

WE had virtually zero wait on Labor Day weekend, we arrived on a sat mid day. No wait leaving 8 days later either.

LoriJenn,
    It has been our experience that MoBay airport isn't too crowded on Saturdays until afternoon, due to most departing flights happening after 1pm. Hope it helps

We have always gone in late October or early November which is the end of the slow season before it heats up for the holidays. It all depends on the timing of how many arrivals happen around yours. We have gone through customs in 10 minutes and as long as an hour. Mid-week is usually the slowest time but once you get through, you're on island time!
    Jack & Donna

Quote Originally Posted by LoriJenn View Post
    On a Saturday around 11a.m. end of October?

Just wondering if Mobay is worth it at that time. I have no problem getting it, just wanted to ask from other's experience about the immigration and customs lines. I know there are times when the wait is minimal too.

Thanks

Lori
    Never been worth it for us. The longest we have ever had to wait in line is probably 25 minutes. Feels good to stand up after long flights anyway. Now leaving on the other hand. Totally worth the cost.

I'm also curious about this, except we will be there at 6:40pm on a Saturday in November. From what I've read, Saturdays seem to be the busiest day, but if someone has any firsthand experience/advice that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    How long is a string?
    Ha ha! Exactly!!

Thanks for all of the advice. I see 7 flights coming in within the hour we do, with 3 of them coming in within a 10 minute window. Club Mobay or no Club Mobay? I'm thinking I just might purchase Club Mobay for coming and going.

We always come into MoBay around 11 am but our day of arrival has fluctuated. We have never had more than a 30 minute wait in customs and I agree with IACouple, feels good to stand up and is really not worth the $100 for both of us to go through Club MoBay, my wife would rather spend that $ at the CSA spa while I dive!! Just remember as someone stated above, be patient, I know we all want to spend as much time as we can at the resort but Island time is a REAL thing and Jamaican's are like any other people, they give the respect they receive! Be patient and enjoy every second, for most the point of vacation is hitting the reset button so don't let things that would normally frustrate you at home ruin your Jamaican experience!! Enjoy your trip!!

A lot of good advice on this thread for both sides. I found out that there were 4 flights getting in the 30 mins prior to us landing and another 3 within 10 mins after we landed. Even landing on time, we will be in a significant line and completely screwed if we are delayed. I am a cheap skate myself and do not like spending extra money on myself. But then I remembered that WE are on vacation and it's our 14 year anniversary so I better make it special for my wife. I want my wife to remember vacation for the memories (and other surprises I have planned) we make ourselves not the ones others make for us by waiting in lines.

Saturday in October, you will probably not save that much time with club mobay. Saturday in January or February when it is high season, you would probably save time.

We were departing once in late January on a sunday and the lines at the check in desk for airlines was out the door. We stood in line almost 2 hours, last year in Sept there was nobody in line and nobody in line at security. Aug-Oct usually are the lowest months for occupancy.

We have gone many times in Sept, Oct or November and it has not been that bad, we got through immigration last year so fast that we had to wait 20 minutes for our luggage

Another thing to think about, you still have to wait for luggage which takes 20 min anyway. If you fly through customs, you may get there before your bags.

I just checked the arrival schedule on Montego Bay Airports website - there is a flight at 10:53 and 11 am. The next two flights to arrive are at 11:30ish.

We fly in October and have not had long waits. Plus, you have to wait for your luggage, and in the Couples lounge, for the other guests who are riding to your resort. I personally wouldn't get the passes.

Have a grear trip!

We arrived have arrived at 11:30-1:00 our last few trips into Jamaica. This past visit, we no wait at any point. I had looked at Club MoBay, but decided we could spend that money somewhere else. Glad we saved that money. People that used Club MoBay were on the bus with us and they arrived with us. Granted, we several trips under our belt, we don't take our time getting to immigrations. We get off the plane and as soon as we can, we book it!. We don't need to walk hand in hand, etc., LOL! This year, our bags were waiting for us at baggage claim and again, no wait at customs. It will help if get all your paperwork filled out correctly on the plane. They will not let your progress through the line if you don't have your paperwork properly no matter who is with you.
    Vicky

Just curious where you are finding the flight information? We are going in November and I can't seem to find any info that far out. I would love to check the info for the day we are flying in!

arrived at MBJ airport yesterday at 11:35. 20 minutes to walk to immigration, get through immigration, get our bags, get through customs and then 15 minute wait at the Couples lounge, Danny had us at CTI by 2:15

On December 6th. we will be landing at MBJ at 3:10 pm on a Friday. Does anyone know if Friday afternoons is a generally busy time and day for arrivals?

It really depends upon when you get there. We have passed through Customs and Immigration in less than 30 minutes. However the last time we went to Jamaica the line went well up the ramp and it took over 2 1/2 hours to get from the airplane to the Couples Lounge. This was on a Wednesday afternoon in the middle of February.

Our next trip will also be in the middle of February. However we will be on a Sunday afternoon. Strongly considering Club MOBAY for our next trip just to be safe. I know it is a gamble. But if the lines are as long as they were the last time it will be well worth the money.

I would rather have it and not need it. Then need it and not have it. Just get it because, its a crap shoot.
    One Love,
    Mya

Thanks for the update drbcwp - we fly in Tuesday. I hope our arrival goes that quick!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast