Hybrid View

Default We need help choosing a resort!

My Fiancé and I are set on a Jamaica honeymoon next August (7 days). We definitely want to do Couples but can't decide on a resort. We definitely want to leave the resort 1 or 2 days and spend the majority of the time laying on the beach/pool relaxing. However, we want something with a nightlife too. Does one resort have a "younger" feel compared to the others? I'm currently leaning towards CN or CSA but part of me wants to be in Ocho Rios. I've read that most people prefer all of the other resorts over CTI (CSS is not one of our choices). So, out of those 3 resorts, which would you recommend for us? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Nightlife doesn't have to happen on the resort. While we love all of Jamaica, we usually stay in Negril because it has the vibe we enjoy. When we want AI, we prefer CSA for it's beach location and it's more tropical style... at least in the older part of the resort. We spend time up in the cliffs area every reach because it has a different vibe than the beach. Saturday nights at Seastar, live shows at Bourbon Beach or Alfred's, dining out at Ivan's, Kuyaba or 3 Dives, the One Love Bus Bar Crawl... that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    If you enjoy walking, CSA's location allows you to head up the beach towards town and discover all kinds of people and places easily while keeping you off of the road, which can be a bit dangerous. Looking forward to the completion of the sidewalk along Norman Manley!

If this is a your first trip to Jamaica, go to the Ocho Rios side to do all the tourist things - Dunns River Falls, the Ocho Rios market, Scotchies (okay, not that much of a tourist place, but worth the trip). And if you do, CSS would be more romantic than CTI.

However, the Negril side of the island is our favorite. CSA is more suited to a honeymoon than CN. (Boy, there'll be some squawking over that comment.)
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Trip #6 to csa booked for April. We got married there and now won't go anywhere else. World class beach, more restaurant choices, very walkable seven mile beach and lots of activities. Email me if you'd like some pics of csa
    Clemonssara40@gmail.com
    Only 239 more sleeps for us

Quote Originally Posted by danielle18 View Post
    I've read that most people prefer all of the other resorts over CTI (CSS is not one of our choices). So, out of those 3 resorts, which would you recommend for us? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    Not sure where you're getting this but cutting out CTI based on something you have read is a mistake. CTI is very romantic and has a quality and atmosphere that none of the others have that you may have ended up preferring. Nevertheless, whichever of the 3 contenders you choose. Enjoy and congrats!

Don't go to CSS. It's the best resort on Jamaica and we don't want the word get out.

CSS
    2012,2013x2,2014 at least twice

Danielle, did you get the pics I sent you?

@softail19 I am SO late to respond but yes! Thank you SO much! We settled on CSA

Quote Originally Posted by danielle18 View Post
    @softail19 I am SO late to respond but yes! Thank you SO much! We settled on CSA
    Yay!! Have an awesome trip

Anything you read about CTI being less favored is probably pre-remodel news, before 2008. There are guests who have been to CTI over 40 times. It is totally the favorite of many people. That said, there is something special about each resort and only you can decide which one is right for you. Negril has the best beach. CTI has the best food and staff and spa. CSA has an incredible sports complex and CSS has the most beautiful grounds. If you look at the pics online one of them will seem to call to you more and that's the one for you.

Danielle--good choice with CSA. We've been to CSS and CSA. What I tell people is that if I were getting married I would go to CSS as the grounds are gorgeous and you would have the pictures forever. If you are going on your honeymoon, I would go to CSA because the beach is fabulous and you would have a tough time finding better. Have a great honeymoon.

CTI, CSA then CN.