Default Delta flight changed

We booked our flight in March 2013 for arrival in December 2013 to CSA. Just got a letter from travel agency saying on our return flight home and lay over in Atlanta, we now have a 3 hour window to catch our flight home vs. 1 hr 45min. I was a tad bit worried with that tight window we would become Olympic runners trying to catch our flight....we now have time to grab a beer, eat, chill before boarding our flight home.

So not sure if others out there flying Delta have received any flight notice changes...

We fly back on Delta on Aug 27th, also going through ATL, and our flight leaving there was changed to leave about 20 minutes later. Not a big deal to us.
    Last edited by sandman799; August 25th, 2013 at 07:57 AM.

Same thing happened to us. We leave in 9 days. Our flight out of Cleveland to Atlanta was also changed giving us only 45 mins in Atlanta to catch our connecting flight. I'm a little nervous....

We fly in Oct and our flights got changed to earlier on the way home, which was why I booked a later flight back home. We upgraded our seats though and put us in economy which ticked me off. I ased if they were going to change my flight, how does the system not know to put us in the same class? We did get it figured out, luckily.

Good grief - went on Delta again and both our flights have been changed AGAIN! I really hope Deltas done screwing with our flights.

We were on Spirit, and they changed out flight too...They CANCELLED IT!
    We are now booked on another carrier for some extra coin, and now leave the resort early on the day of our departure. So irritated at that process. We always appreciated being able to hang out at the resort post check out to continue to soak in every minute. Now we'll be fortunate to get a good breakfast in before we have to go... Boo !

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlastname View Post
    Good grief - went on Delta again and both our flights have been changed AGAIN! I really hope Deltas done screwing with our flights.
    Wow- I better check our flights....maybe they also changed again....

I noticed a few weeks ago they changed our Delta flight too. We had a nice early flight and they dropped it and put us on one about 90 minutes later. Guess it means longer to spend in the sky club with mimosas!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Ironbutterfly - I've been checking daily now. Our flights are now full so hopefully they're done shuffling us around. I don't want to be surprised when we show up though.

Our flight has been moved back 15 min hope we don't get pushed back any farther..We still land in Jamaica by 12 hope it stays that way. 23 days till take off

I don't think it's just Delta who does this. We had booked with American back in May for travel in October - we decided to splurge and go first class. A couple months later we received an email from them stating that our flight had changed. Upon reading it, we discovered they had changed the following:
    • Our departure and arrival times. Instead of arriving at 11:30am, we would now arrive at 7:45pm.
    • Our fare class. Despite having paid for first class, we were now in coach.
    • Our seat assignments. We weren't even going to be sitting in the same row.

Needless to say, we got our money back. We wound up booking with Delta, and they did make a change to our departure time - but it was only half an hour. I think all the airlines move flight times around, it's just a question of how much. The moral of the story is don't fly American!
    CN 2011, CSA 2012, CSA 2013 (although not soon enough!)

Delta just changed ours for December but got lucky and all they changed was the flight # on the return flight.

Wow Go Cubs- that is not right when you pay for first class and then get put in coach. Then 6 hour difference in arrival time. I'll keep that in mind - don't fly American.

I just got an email that our Delta flight has changed for the second time. They changed it back in June (we booked in March for this Nov). Funny thing is, it's only the outbound to JA.

First it changed to leave earlier from home and have a longer layover in ATL. Now it's changed to leave later than originally booked and we have a shorter layover in ATL. Which is fine with us as we only get into MBJ 10 minutes later than originally planned. And we book Club MoBay so we get through fast since it is on a Sat and after 12noon.

The ATL airport is easy for us. We now have a 1 hour layover. Last trip, we were at the International Terminal in 10 minutes from getting off our incoming plane.

So don't worry. I'd probably book no less than 45 minutes just in case your incoming flight is late.

Our return flight has stayed the same (leave around 2pm and arrive home around 9pm). We have a 2 hour 30 minute layover in ATL. Last time it was 2 hours but our flight came in late from JA so it went down to about 1 hour 20 minutes. We still made it fine (from coming off the plane to walking up to our domestic gate.... 20 minutes). But I do like having that additional 30 minute buffer now.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

In our experience, most of the airlines make schedule changes in October. This has more to do with most sections of the US reverting to standard time than anything else, and in most cases the changes are minor.
    You can't lay on the beach and drink rum all day, if you don't get started in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo View Post
    I don't think it's just Delta who does this. We had booked with American back in May for travel in October - we decided to splurge and go first class. A couple months later we received an email from them stating that our flight had changed. Upon reading it, we discovered they had changed the following:
    • Our departure and arrival times. Instead of arriving at 11:30am, we would now arrive at 7:45pm.
    • Our fare class. Despite having paid for first class, we were now in coach.
    • Our seat assignments. We weren't even going to be sitting in the same row.

Needless to say, we got our money back. We wound up booking with Delta, and they did make a change to our departure time - but it was only half an hour. I think all the airlines move flight times around, it's just a question of how much. The moral of the story is don't fly American!
    Maybe it was because they knew you were a Cub fan and they figured that you know how to deal with heartache, frustration and having money taken from you with little or no return. (I'm a Cub fan, Go Bears!)