Default Christmas Sans Souci and New Year Negril

I know we're still four months off our special holiday over the festive season but we're already really excited!

To those of you who have excperienced a similar holiday previous years, please can you advise on the Christmas/New Year festivities. Does everyone dress up more than usual? Should we bring little gifts for members of staff? Do the resorts have special menues etc. We've been to Negril a couple of times (not for New Year) and are so looking forward to going back - and spending time at Sans Souci.

It's my husbands 70th birthday on 23rd December and as part of his birthday present, I'm thinking of splashing out on a flight transfer from Sans Souci to Negril on 28th December to avoid the 3 hour plus journey. Has anyone done this and do you think it's good value (about 525 for both of us at the moment).

Huge thanks in advance for your comments

Jean

What a wonderful way to spend a special birthday and Christmas holiday. I have never been during the holiday season, but I am sure Couples will do very special things. As far as the flight goes, I am not sure that I would spend that much when its just a two and a half hour drive. We have done the same split in the summer, and the drive was very fast. I have flown from Montego Bay to Negril and that was reasonable, but its so much more to go to or from Ochio Rios. I believe the airport is not close like it is in Negril. Others will advise you better, but good luck to you, and wishing you a fantastic time.

We did the car transfer from CSS to CSA in February and it was really enjoyable. We viewed it as a trip out across the island and it almost seemed a treat. Like you we are English so our trips in from Mobay Airport are all in the dark, so a lot of it was fresh to us despite it being our umteenth visit.

You are in for a treat! We did the exact same split last year. CSS for Christmas and CSA for New Year's. We almost did the flight transfer from Ochi to Negril, but so glad we didn't. For the amount of $ you will save, you might want to spend a few extra days in paradise. We did the ground transfer early in the morning and the ride took exactly 2.5 hours and went by very fast. Our driver was awesome, explaining & talking about Jamaican history! At CSS, there was a Christmas parade on Christmas day with Santa and Pierre the manager driving in a small red convertible. New Year's at CSA is always awesome, with delicious food, great music and the beach bonfire followed by the Chinese lantern release.

We did an air transfer from MB to Negril during peak travel season (Dec 30). The flight was quite delayed. We ended up sitting in airport for over 2 hours with very little accurate communication from staff (5 more minutes, 5 more minutes). We were jet lagged so sitting in an airport was not really a highlight but we viewed it as understandable as it was peak travel season and "Island Time". But I'm not sure I would want to run the risk of being delayed if I could simply take the shuttle.

Default Thank you so much for your responses - road transfer shuttle it is then!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsKat View Post
    We did an air transfer from MB to Negril during peak travel season (Dec 30). The flight was quite delayed. We ended up sitting in airport for over 2 hours with very little accurate communication from staff (5 more minutes, 5 more minutes). We were jet lagged so sitting in an airport was not really a highlight but we viewed it as understandable as it was peak travel season and "Island Time". But I'm not sure I would want to run the risk of being delayed if I could simply take the shuttle.

Any ideas on staff Christmas presents, please?