Default Resort Credits - shopping or private dinner

We will be back at CTI in 5 weeks (yay!!!) and I'm trying to decide if we should use our resort credit for a private dinner on the Island or spend it in the gift shop. Any input from those who have had the private dinner? We are going back for our 7 year anniversary, we were married at CTI and thought the dinner would be romantic but my hubby isn't nuts about the idea.

We've done the private dinner at csa. It was wonderful; but we probably wont do it again. We like to spend our resort credits at the SPA.

Neither. Go for a hot rock massage!!

Do the dinner. It will be an unforgetable evening.

We have done the private dinner at CSS. It was a wonderful experience and the food was a bit better than in the restaurants. The only thing we did not love was that it was long, over three hours. I probably would not do it again, but I think everyone should do it at least once, especially if you are using resort credits. I would imagine that on the Island it would be very romantic.

I like to use our resort credit for shopping! The Couples gift shops are wonderful with very fair prices. It's great to bring home souvenirs for family and friends that you didn't have to use your personal vacation money on!

Hot rock massage - it is heaven
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you will be a mile away and they will be barefoot!

I wonder how long dinner on the island would be? We had a private dinner at CSS in the wedding gazebo, a hike to Cassanova where they prepared the food. It was a 3 hour dinner. On the island, it may take even longer? I don't know, never been to CTI. But I think the personal time together, and the food and service you get during the private dinner, makes for a very special romantic evening. And since we have the credit for our next trip to CN, we scheduled another private dinner. We enjoyed it that much.

CN 2009, CSS 2013, CN 2014

We have never done the private dinner as we love the dinner at Otaheite and it's free.

We spend most of our resort credits ($300+) on Blue Mountain Coffee to bring home. We are just about to run out of the 10 bags we bought last year but that is okay as we are headed there again next weekend.

Betty
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlastname View Post
    We will be back at CTI in 5 weeks (yay!!!) and I'm trying to decide if we should use our resort credit for a private dinner on the Island or spend it in the gift shop. Any input from those who have had the private dinner? We are going back for our 7 year anniversary, we were married at CTI and thought the dinner would be romantic but my hubby isn't nuts about the idea.
    We did the private dinner on the island in January for my birthday at CTI. My husband wasn't to crazy about it before we did it, After he just raved about what a great evening it was. I am seriously considering doing it again in January when we return to CTI. We wouldn't do a dinner on the beach but the island is just very special.

Carol and Dave.

If you haven't done the dinner, I'd pick that. It's a "must do", if only once.

Definitely do the island dinner. It is magical! The meal is wonderful (they give you a printed menu to take home and a framed photo). Will definitely do it again!

Do the dinner you won't regret it.

We did the island diner last time with just the two of us! It was so romantic! unbeleivable. This time we did the island dinner with another couple we met. It was a blast! To answer your question......Do the dinner

Thanks for the input! I don't know when we will be able to be back (our little guy will be in school next year and we have no family in the same town to help) so I am going to arrange the private dinner on the island!

We've always thought about the private dinner but, in the end, my DH would rather I enjoy myself at the spa. We also use some of the credit for a more mundane purchase -- sunscreen. We take carry-on bags so are liquids limited and need to buy it there.

They have some great stuff at the gift shop (CN) but after 8 visits, we've already bought most of what we could ever need.

Coming up, we'll have credit from booking special and RR so we will probably do the dinner. I know it will be fantastic!