Hybrid View

Default Ossies jerk center

Just down the road from CSA there is supposed to be a place for jerk pork called Ossies. I believe I have seen the sign pointing towards the road from the beach. How safe would it be just to walk the main road? I believe its less than a qtr mile. Has anyone ever tried?

I have been to CSA dozens of times and always walk down to Ossies at least twice during the nine days we spend in Jamaica. It is safe, other than the crazy drivers. Cross carefully!

Their jerk chicken is good, but their jerk pork is some of the best on the island, mon.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

You can walk the road, but the safer way would be to walk the beach and cut through the The Palms or Donaldson's Inn Property. Ossies is right accross the street.

They have been adding sidewalks to the Beach Road and I think, eventually, they will stretch all the way to CSA. Not sure how far they've made it so far.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

No problem at all. We walk both the beach and beach road every trip.Sometimes all the way to the roundabout. Just be sure to walk facing traffic unless your looking to catch a taxi. Ossies isn't far. Haven't been for awhile but last time we were there I believe there was a spot both on the beach side and across the road. The jerk pork was the BEST!

When we are there we always go to Best in the West which is also a short walk. Great jerk chicken. We usually take the beach to Coco La Palm and then cut through. You have to walk to the left then you're facing the ocean. Which way is Ossies? I'd love to give some jerk pork a try next time!

Quote Originally Posted by lvmcgill View Post
    When we are there we always go to Best in the West which is also a short walk. Great jerk chicken. We usually take the beach to Coco La Palm and then cut through. You have to walk to the left then you're facing the ocean. Which way is Ossies? I'd love to give some jerk pork a try next time!
    Ossies is south towards Negril, the same direction as Best in the West. It is actually an even shorter walk from CSA. It is by The Palms Resort, which you would walk by on your way to Best in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by lvmcgill View Post
    Which way is Ossies? I'd love to give some jerk pork a try next time!
    Leave CSA from the old south lobby (where the gift shops are) and cross the street (Manly Boulevard). Look to your right. Ossie's is right down the street, you'll see the sign. Here's a shot looking back north. Ossie's on the right and the orange roof of CSA on the left.

Name:  DSCF1136.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  181.6 KB
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)