Default LemonGrass CSA has it improved?

We are returning to CSA in March for our 3rd time, this restaurant was always our least favourite. We went to CN last year and Lychee was so much better we ate there many times. Lychee offered you a Lychee Martini while you choose from the menu, and their mixed starter platters were far superior to Lychees, you also didnt need to book for Lychee. I am hoping there has been a vast improvement or our 1st visit this time will be our last.

We ate at Lemongrass twice on our latest visit to CSA in February. I'm not quite certain what you mean by "improved." Are you talking about the menu selection? The quality of the food?

We have quite a few good Thai restaurants near our home. I would consider Lemongrass more of an Asian Fusion restaurant. Having said that, we think the appetizer sampler at Lemongrass has always been one of the best things at CSA. The soups and salads are also good. I do think the entree selection is a bit limited, so if that is what you are referring to, that has not changed. If you want a lychee martini to start off your meal, stop by the Martini bar on the way to Lemongrass. Or order one from you waiter. They have always asked us if we wanted something from the bar as soon as we have sat down.

I do think the most appealing aspect of Lemongrass is getting an early seating and sitting on the terrace watching the sun set and the sky change colors. It's hard to beat the ambiance.

My BF and I visited CSA in June and Lemongrass was the least favorite of the places we ate. He is still talking about how bland the food was and how small the portions were. We will not be returning to Couples due the poor quality of the food.

Quote Originally Posted by withadash View Post
    My BF and I visited CSA in June and Lemongrass was the least favorite of the places we ate. He is still talking about how bland the food was and how small the portions were. We will not be returning to Couples due the poor quality of the food.
    Small portions? Good grief! My husband and I never get as far as pudding when we are at Couples - just so much delicious food!

However I have to say that we were disappointed in the service at Lemongrass in February. It has always been our favourite Couples restaurant but this time we ate there twice and the service was poor both times.
    Last edited by Dawn; August 30th, 2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: typo

withadash. good luck finding an all inclusive in the same price range with bertter food. Do they not give the pastes and oils to heat the food up?

Withadash, why are you still on the boards if the food was so poor?

Quote Originally Posted by withadash View Post
    Poor quality of food?!? Oh my we have only been to CSS but the food is amazing! And we come from Las Vegas where some of the most exclusive cuisines are! That shouldn't be a reason to not return!

Never had a problem with portions. Not really lovers of Thai or Asian fusion but nice for a change. No problem with service when there last March. Just love the open air setting. If early get the sunset and if later great spot to watch the entertainment. To Dawn have to ask if you are headed there next year.

Hello Brennie - next February we've booked to go to CB - it seems to be improving with every review! How about yourselves?

I would have to say that Lemongrass was the least favorite restaurant at Swept Away..............but it was still pretty darn good.

Everything was good, I just did not get to sit where I wanted. LOL.

Service was a little slow, but hey it's that way everywhere from time to time, and the bar was close so no problems mon, enjoy the time together and chill.

Ha ha softail - you stole my line to withadash....I'll bet that poster is a troll or troll wannabe....why would someone remain on the boards if they've decided to take Couples off of their vacation list??

Oh, and we actually really like Lemongrass - more for the ambiance, though, we LOVE the tables out on the balcony, love the huge chairs (I always feel like a queen)! The food has always been good, but we've enjoyed the food at Patois and Feathers more....

At the moment plans are to head back to CSA late Feb. CB is definitely on our list if not this year then definitely next.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Withadash, why are you still on the boards if the food was so poor?
    You took the words out of my mouth. Why is she on the boards if she never plans to return . She must be a plant from another chain or is just looking to cause trouble.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Small portions? You ARE aware you can order as many entrees or appetizers as you like, right? Not like you're paying for the food! With so many restaurants at CSA, if you didn't like one the first or second time, why return a third?

We eat at Lemongrass at least once every time we go to CSA. My only complaint would be that the menu never changes. We've had both great service and slow service...same as every other restaurant we've ever been to.

Like the others said above, if you're not returning to Couples, perhaps switch on over to the message boards at Beaches.

I think you are being kind of harsh on withadash. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to assume she is a plant or wanting to cause trouble is out of line.
    We have been to all of the Couples resorts in Jamaica and will be heading to CB this December; in total 7 trips so far. In 2007 we were at Swept Away and had many, many problems and disappointments. We wrote an honest review of our stay and were accused of making it all up! I know there are numerous Swept Away fans but for us it was our least favorite of the resorts and we will not return there. My point is that everyone has different experiences and nobody should be quick to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by brennie View Post
    At the moment plans are to head back to CSA late Feb. CB is definitely on our list if not this year then definitely next.
    Brennie - I think ( no, I'm pretty sure) we will be back to Jamaica in 2015, probably a CSS/CSA split. Hopefully one year we'll be there the same time as you and we'll have another great repeaters dinner!