Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Walk to Margaritaville From CSA??

We've been to CN 6 times and are trying CSA for the first time in a few weeks. I saw on Google maps that Margaritaville was only a 9 minute walk from CSA. Does anyone know if you can walk the beach to get there? Also - is there any local spots for lobster that you can walk to? Any other CSA insider tips would be appreciated as well! - chuck -

Yes, we've walked to Margaritaville along the beachside.
    We've only been to the lobster man on the CN side, but I know you can go out to the island for lobster as well. Sometimes the resort dive shop guys will take you out or they could hook you up with a local boat for ferry. From the pictures I've seen on TA it looks like a lot of fun.
    Have fun! )

I looked at goggle earth - pretty cool to see where all the locations are along that beach. Yes - just hang a left and walk down the beach. Going to do that walk next week!!!
    Last edited by rikor; August 30th, 2013 at 10:05 AM.

Just stroll down the beach and you'll find it. Can't miss it, it's on the left. Of course the sea is on the right! Don't know about lobster, but there are lots of restaurants along the beach.

We just did the walk on the beach from CSA to Marg. at the end of April. The beach was eroded in a few places so you had to walk around the back of a beachfront bar, but it was no problem. Besides that it was smooth walking.

There were many local vendors along the way selling their wares (the local crop, horseback riding, shells, t-shirts, etc...). We just said no thank you & kept walking.

Walking from CSA towards Margaritaville:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...4/IMG_3397.jpg

Here's where you had to walk around (looking back toward the direction of CSA):
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...4/IMG_3399.jpg

Here's Marg.:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...4/IMG_3400.jpg

Yes, you can walk up the beach to it. 10 minutes plus or minus. But why bother?
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Yes just go down the beach maybe mile or so.

Yes it's true, ten minutes by beach.

My husband & I were at CSA in July & did walk down to Margaritaville. It only took us about 10 minutes to get there, but we did not really enjoy it. I wouldn't make a special trip out of it! There was basically a public beach in front of it & people everywhere! We only got drinks & they were pretty pricey, especially when you already paid for drinks at CSA & you can have those whenever & however you want! There were only a few people eating in the restaurant. Not much going on other than a magician walking around working for tips. It may be different at night or during a busier time, but we did not think it would be worth it to go back. It was also rated #103 out of 116 restaurants in Negril on Trip Advisor...

You can walk there, highly recommend doing this during daylight. Not much security once you leave the resort. Also, Lobster will be sold from a man walking on the beach! We loved the trip and will be going back!

Default Margaritaville is a short walk down the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by guinnessguy View Post
    We've been to CN 6 times and are trying CSA for the first time in a few weeks. I saw on Google maps that Margaritaville was only a 9 minute walk from CSA. Does anyone know if you can walk the beach to get there? Also - is there any local spots for lobster that you can walk to? Any other CSA insider tips would be appreciated as well! - chuck -
    Margaritaville is a short walk down the beach from CSA. We have stayed at CSA twice and wouldn't dream of not walking down to Margaritaville. It's a fun little walk. There are a few shops on the way to buy souvenirs. But I must confess my husband and I are Parrotheads!

Yes, you can walk the beach to get there-- we did last time.. It's close!

We did trading places last April from CN to CSA and walked right down the beach about 10 minute walk just have to vend off the vendors along the way offering the normal stuff.

When my husband and i went to CSA, we walked to Margaritaville. It was a lot of fun. I would do it if i were you. Just for the walk! When we got there, I was like, this is it? Haha.I got a Margarita and headed straight back "home". My husband was able to get Dragon stout along the way.

The walk there isn't bad at all.
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Easy walk down the beach.
    I believe if you walk the other direction just past Beaches resort you can find lobster too
    Sometimes a guy walks the beach selling lobster too

Good morning Chuck,

Yes, you can walk to Margaritaville, it is a short walk and there are couple nice cigar shops on the way.

Jeremy

You can walk to it easily and about 10 minutes, not certain why, but to each there own and after all it's your time to do what you want and that is what is important. There was also a thread on here about a Jerk Eating tour that name 3 places you could walk to from Swept Away and get good island authentic jerk cooking. We are going to do that this trip. May stop along the way and buy a beer to keep help me walk the beach. Is good mon!

Yes, Guinnessguy - you DEFINITELY have to try the Dragon Stout while you're there! I love Guinness and really liked the Dragon!! I believe you'll have to go "off campus" to try it, as I don't think Couples carries it....

Oh, and as you're out walking to M'ville, keep going down the beach - it's a great stroll with lots of interesting things to see!

I bought lobster from a guy walking down the beach. I saw him everyday. He split the lobster right in front of me and squeezed some lemon on it! Delicious!!!!

Margaritaville is an easy walk down the beach from CSA. My only question would be... Other than to buy a touristy tshirt, why would you want to go somewhere in Jamaica that's the same as it is in the US... AND have to pay for alcohol when all your booze is free on property?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Margaritaville is an easy walk down the beach from CSA. My only question would be... Other than to buy a touristy tshirt, why would you want to go somewhere in Jamaica that's the same as it is in the US... AND have to pay for alcohol when all your booze is free on property?
    While I might agree with your assessment of Margaritaville, per se (Americanized chain restaurant), I disagree with the idea that someone should spend their entire vacation on the resort grounds for the simple reason that the booze is free/already paid for...

There are many neat small Jamaican-owned small bars and restaurants up and down the beach that are fun to visit. Nothing wrong with wanting to experience the vibe of the local Negril beach scene. In fact, I heartily recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy_Leslie View Post
    Good morning Chuck,

there are couple nice cigar shops on the way.

Jeremy
    Good tip on the cigar shops. You didn't have any problem with counterfeit Cubans? The guy selling at the pool in CN at night sells some real junk! ( The ones in the gift shop are the real deal )

Muck, I agree, while we don't visit margaritaville (once was enough) we do bar hop and help the local economy. It's always fun and a big reason we choose csa. Trip #6 in 225 sleeps

Agree with experiencing local flavor. Disagree with going to an American chain was my main point. So many other amazing little places to go and get the real feel of Jamaica and the wonderful people!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast