Default Upgrades to Couples Sans Souci - Sunset Beach

Greetings to all:

Please accept this as notice of works to begin on the au naturel facilities on Sunset Beach at Couples Sans Souci beginning next week:

This project is the continuation of our earlier Sunset Beach efforts in the last 6 months which have included the addition of 6 new beach palapas, 8 new coconut trees, renovation of the restrooms, and construction of a new large Jacuzzi. We expect that the finished product will be very impressive indeed.

Sunset Beach Scope of Work:

• Remove existing water feature
    • Resurface and retile swimming pool
    • Raise and retile pool cocktail tables
    • Retile pool seating
    • Retile pool bar
    • Retile beach grill
    • Retile outdoor shower
    • Installation of new speaker system at grill and bar

The key element in this project is the completion of the pool – structural inspection of the waterfall feature found faults that require its removal. Doing so will mean that we will have to close the entire au naturel pool for approximately 14 days. About 4 of those 14 days will involve heavy machinery and we plan to close the Au Naturel facility totally on those days. Work on the balance of days will be relatively quiet so our guests would be able to enjoy the beach and Jacuzzi; food and beverage service will be offered as usual. We will secure an agreement from Couples Tower Isle to accommodate our au naturel guests on the island for those days that Sunset Beach will be closed.

We trust you appreciate our continued efforts to enhance and upgrade our facilities.

Couples Resorts

This is disappointing. Not the work but that it apparently will be happening while we are there. This is our first time at a Couples resort. SSB is the closest we've found to Braco and their AN facilities and were really looking forward to our trip. Even the treat of marginal to bad weather wasn't getting us down. But we are pool people rather than beach people. So the lack of the pool at SSB may be enough to make our first Couples vacation a disappointment. Luckily we cancel for any reason insurance. We might have to discuss using this option.

Thanks Randy for all of the information
    So if this starts next week, it should be done in about 2 weeks?
    Which would mean somewhere around the beginning of October for completion, depending on the start date and any unavoidable delays?

I am sure everyone appreciates the information.
    thanks to Pierre and the entire Couples organization for the upgrades to the AN facilities and for working so hard to keep us informed

John
    Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

Please accept this as notice of works to begin on the au naturel facilities on Sunset Beach at Couples Sans Souci beginning next week:

This project is the continuation of our earlier Sunset Beach efforts in the last 6 months which have included the addition of 6 new beach palapas, 8 new coconut trees, renovation of the restrooms, and construction of a new large Jacuzzi. We expect that the finished product will be very impressive indeed.

Sunset Beach Scope of Work:

• Remove existing water feature
    • Resurface and retile swimming pool
    • Raise and retile pool cocktail tables
    • Retile pool seating
    • Retile pool bar
    • Retile beach grill
    • Retile outdoor shower
    • Installation of new speaker system at grill and bar

The key element in this project is the completion of the pool – structural inspection of the waterfall feature found faults that require its removal. Doing so will mean that we will have to close the entire au naturel pool for approximately 14 days. About 4 of those 14 days will involve heavy machinery and we plan to close the Au Naturel facility totally on those days. Work on the balance of days will be relatively quiet so our guests would be able to enjoy the beach and Jacuzzi; food and beverage service will be offered as usual. We will secure an agreement from Couples Tower Isle to accommodate our au naturel guests on the island for those days that Sunset Beach will be closed.

We trust you appreciate our continued efforts to enhance and upgrade our facilities.

Default What other options do we have?

Randymon, My wife and I booked CSS arriving the 21st of Sept. Please tell me the AN area will not be closed our entire week. This is our sixth trip to Couples and our first to SS, if we would have known we would have booked CSA or CN. Can we change reservation?
    Please advise,
    Thank you,
    Rich

Is there a rough idea of the dates that the swimming pool will be affected? We are coming to CSS soon and the swimming pool is a huge part of our AN experience. I understand that there is no good time for you to make improvements, and I am glad they are being done, but I would look for an alternative if it may be done during our time there. We have thought about possibly trying Negril in the past, maybe change our trip to there if it's during our time. CTI doesn't fit our plans due to possible red flags and not able to be AN later.
    I'm sure any further information would be appreciated by all.
    Thanks Randymon!

Thanks Randymon, my wife and I are excited to see the improvements next year when we make our first trip to CSS for a few days.

Randymon, thanks for the update. For clarification, the work scheduled for the pool area including the removal of the water feature etc. is to start next Monday with all pool area and hot tub mods completed (hopefully ... ) by Nov.01/13?

Looking forward to seeing the results of you and your team's hard work. It is indeed unfortunate that a blink of the eyes would make it happen without impact. Hoping the folks visiting during this period have the best weather possible so they can transition to the beach ....

I'm sure this has been asked already, but when will construction commence? And when do you expect, realistically, construction to be completed?

Thanks for the great news. We cannot wait to see the "new and improved" SSB!!
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014

Sounds like some great improvements and can't wait to get back next April to check them out in person. Hopefully we will see some pictures on here when it is done.
    I do feel sorry for those that are there when the construction is going on, but it has to be done sometime and now is probably a lower occupancy time of year. I think Couples is handling the situation as best they can to still accomodate those who are scheduled to be there during construction

exciting news
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

Do you really think all this can be done in 14 days? Or is that "Jamaican Time" 14 days? It will be nice, but I feel bad for those people that have been planning their vacation for a long time, and just told now about this.

Randymon,
    This news is devastating to me. I realize that updates are needed, however, these are things that should have been disclosed to us months ago. We will be arriving in 3 weeks and spend every day at SSB pool. I am beyond upset!!! The upgrades your talking about will surely close the pool for more than 14 days as the hot tube conversion took twice that. Our plane tickets are already booked and I can't change them. So I will have to make the most of it, but I do feel deceived. I look forward to this trip every year and are already booked for next year but I am extremely unhappy with this turn of events. The island is way to small to accommodate the majority of people at SSB each October. Others will surely say that I'm overreacting but SSB pool and the time we spend there is essential to us and will absolutely dampen our vacation. Surely, management knew of these updates and should have shared that information with us before now!!!
    Sincerely,
    Tammy Robinson

First of all yeah and a big woohoo!! But I think you forgot a bullet point

• Lower the shallow end to make the pool all the same depth

Awesome! Thanks, Randymon!

Randy...there was chatter of deepening the shallow end when the grotto came down. Is this happening? Not sure what you do in one foot of water? Seems like a waste of the available pool space?

OK Randy ... for those of us that begin our holiday next week at San Souci and SSB after 12 months of planning and anticipation, how about a little more detail as to the actual timeline of work. As we all do not "monitor" this message board religiously like some, I stumbled across this while logging in my preferences for returning guests. An e-mail or another notification process would have been appropriate to your guests arriving next week. The remodel had to be under consideration before today?

Based on your message, the pool at SSB will be drained and unusable for a minimum of 14 days, beginning what day next week??? The decision to remodel the pool area is sound, the decision not to inform your guests with an option to change reservations is disturbing. Many of us who choose San Souci are long time, returning Couples clientele and represent significant, repeatable revenue for Couples. If you truly "trust that we appreciate your continued efforts to enhance and upgrade our facilities" you have an obligation to inform your guests of changes that dramatically impact the time spent at the resort. Posting 4 days before renovations start on a message board??? Direct correspondence with arriving guests and allowing the opportunity of choice, to either live with the inconvenience or change reservations would have been the right thing to do. So unprofessional and disappointing.

I would like for someone from management to call me at 770-616-9089, as I just made reservations on sept 10 and now I get a post that there is construction and basically no facilities at the au natural beach and pool. Please call to discuss as I am supposed to arrive on sept 22 right in the middle of construction

Randy,

First of all, thanks for clearly communicating in advance the changes to SSB area.
    Second, we are thankful for the investment that Couples is making in the facilities. They will be enjoyed by many for years to come. We all know and understand that temporary byproducts of construction progress are noise and limited access. A small price to pay in the long run.

A couple of requests...
    1. Could you be so kind as to keep us updated via this thread of the progress with an occasional comment and picture? It would help keep us engaged and excited. (like pictures of our own home remodel).

2. Could you post some sort of brief schedule showing conservative milestones (nothing set in stone) so that we can plan accordingly? (In any case, we will be back to visit from 10/2 thru 10/13 and look forward to our time together regardless of the construction.)

Please know that in December 2011, Couples staff and SSB has provided us with one of the most enjoyable and relaxing vacation experiences of our lives.

Kindest regards,

Scott & Sarah

Do you have any dates for this work?

We just received a call from our travel agent that Sunset beach will be closed the entire length if our stay next week!! I am hoping that we can be transferred to another Coupkes location, as it was the MAIN REASON that we chose to stay at CSS.

To All:

The urgency - and therefore lack of longer notice - was predicated by the inspection of the waterfall feature. We found some serious faults and, in consideration for the safety of our guests, we feel we must take action right away.

The entire SSB area will be closed September 16-19 and guests will be given the option to spend the days at Couples Tower Isle (ie, Tower Isle). The pool will be closed from September 16 - 30. That said, the new jacuzzi will be in operation and we will have a portable grill and bar to accommodate all Au Naturel guests.

Couples Resorts

Ok, bottom line......can I change my reservations to CSA?