Default Premiere Beachfront Suites at CSA

Hi everyone, my husband and I will be going on our honeymoon December 8th - the 15th and we were just curious to hear about other couples experiences with the premiere beachfront suite. Any details good or bad about the room would be great. How are the bathrooms in these rooms? I have a hard time finding pictures so if anyone could provide some it would be appreciated!! Also are these rooms being renovated as well?

We haven't stayed in one yet but I've always longed to try one. Awesome location, just steps to the beach. Lucky dogs !

Here's a link to pics we took while at CSA in 2010...including the Premier BFS we stayed in. Csa/Css'10 - a set on FlickrThere's some pics of CSS in there also as we did a split-stay that year. The captions will identify the resort. There's one of the bathroom. This was on the second floor with the big wrap-around balcony. Awesome room and great views!!! Once in a lifetime thing to do (more if it's in your budget). Congrats on the upcoming wedding and have a great honeymoon!!!!

Here is the patio from one.(to me this is the best part of them) We stayed next door in the BV Suites. They are bigger and they have screens only instead of windows. Everyone says once you close the shutters inside that it isnt a problem.

Name:  IMG_2067.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  128.0 KB
    Scott & Becca
    Houston
    Caffreys Photography

We really like the PBFS and stay in them as often as we can. I'll try to help with your questions.
    There are a few differences between the upper and lower rooms. The upper room are much more private both in the room and on the veranda. The storage/closet space is also larger with more room to hang clothes and an extra shelf for stacking clothes. I'm not sure if this is your 1st trip to CSA but just as an FYI, there are no dressers in any of the rooms and the PBFS don't have shelving units like the Atriums. I can't comment on the other rooms because I haven't stayed in them. Having said that my hubby and I alway seem to find a way to get all of our clothes either on hangers or folded onto one of the shelves.
    The bathrooms in the upper rooms are quite nice. Windows with wooden blinds on 2 sides give a nice breeze. If you close the botton section you can have a shower of or what ever with the top section open. It a wonderful to stand in the shower and see the trees and birds around you. These are my husband's favorite rooms.

The first floor rooms are beautiful and my favorite - but they aren't for everyone. The veranda is beautiful and I love watching everything that's going on - but - remember everyone can see you too. The rooms are slightly larger than the 2nd floor and there are windows along 3 sides of the room. Again beautiful rooms but you have to be aware people can see into your room if the door or windows are open.

Storage in these rooms is a little tigher than in the upper rooms. The closets are slightly (about 12") shorter so less hanging space and there are less shelves for folded clothes because the safe is on one of them. It's tight but we manage to get everything in, including all of my shoes LOL!

The bathrooms are where you will find the biggest difference and can be the deal breaker for some. Like the upper rooms there are windows with shutter on 2 sides but when the door is open it's like having windows on 3 sides. Before I go further I should mention the bathroom doors in the lower level are bi-fold doors with slats. They close just fine so no problem there. With being on the ground floor it's quite easy for people walking around the units to see into the bathroom so again be aware and when you are on the toilet close the bottom section of the windows. The biggest surprise cah be when you are in the shower. It's at the back of the bathroom just like the upper levels - but it right beside the bottom of the stairway people access to get to the upper level rooms. They can walk right up to the windows and there you are, eye to eye with your neighbour. YIKES! Needless to say I close the slats or shower with 1 eye open.
    One more interesting feature; not all of the ground floor PBFS have shower curtins. I can't really explain why but it's got something to do with the walls on either end of the shower. I don't think they can hang a shower rod. Again this isn't a problem for us but there is no privacy if you of you is in the shower and the feels the "call of nature". So beware, after a shower the floor will probaly be wet as will the toilet seat. We use our dirt towels on the floor or ask for extra towels. Houskeeping in thoe rooms understand the situation.
    I know that probably sounds like the bathrooms are a horror show - but I love them now that I know what to watch out for. I hope they never renovate and change these bathrooms.

I hope this is helpful in deciding between the upper and lower rooms.
    Happy honeymoon!
    Karon

In short....these are the best rooms at CSA! By far the most amazing!!!!! We splurged and stayed in one when we had our wedding renewal!

Quote Originally Posted by heathercmaria View Post
    Hi everyone, my husband and I will be going on our honeymoon December 8th - the 15th and we were just curious to hear about other couples experiences with the premiere beachfront suite. Any details good or bad about the room would be great. How are the bathrooms in these rooms? I have a hard time finding pictures so if anyone could provide some it would be appreciated!! Also are these rooms being renovated as well?
    These are the exact dates my fiance and I will be celebrating our honeymoon at CSA as well! Thanks for asking this question, we were wondering if we should upgrade as well, for at least the 2nd half of our stay. Not sure we can afford the full 7 nights, as will just have left the Riu Palace for 5 nights as well. Maybe we'll see you there

I made the mistake of booking one of these rooms back in 2006. Now my wife is spoiled and this is the only room category that she will stay in. We love to open the shutters at night and listen to the waves and tree frogs.

Life is good