Default She said no - I can just go alone - right?

Ha - made you look

I know this question has been definitively answered by Randymon's post a few months ago (officially -no singles allowed) so I thought I would start a thread to help those who have a reluctant spouse with some ideas to help convince them they should at least give it a try.

I know there are threads with tips but they are all buried in stories of first times etc.

This thread is more for the spouse who just can't seem to convince the other to give it a try.

For example:

Problem - we were concerned about seeing people at dinner, excursions etc AFTER seeing them naked at ssb

Solution - for our first AN experience we traded places to cti! That way there was no chance we would see anyone from css so if we didn't like it, we could just quietly leave (we loved it!)

Very quickly we realized that our fear was for nothing as it was actually nice to see those same people later at dinner & such - we even had dinner together with some couples we met at ssb

Tell us all how you managed to get your spouse to give it a try - their concerns and how those concerns lived up to reality.

Hopefully with some good tips, there won't be any spouses feeling the need to ask that question.

(And for the record - if you're respectful and not a gawker - we could care less if you show up alone - just realize the official policy is no singles)

Great thread, it's funny to see this because I have asked my wife for years to go au naturel but she has continuously said no way possible. She always goes topless in the Caribbean or Mexico but has never even willing to do the full Monty! That is until recently, we were discussing our next trip to Couples and out of the clear blue sky she says "why don't we do a split stay, go to CSS for 4 days and then over to CSA for 11 days, I think it would be fun to go to the nude beach for 3 days!" With that I literally spit out my cocktail and called to book the rooms!

Once I came back to earth I asked why she had decided upon this after 30 year of me asking, she laughed and said that she knows how much I love to sit in the sun nekkid and she wants to do it for me. I offered her an out but she said no, I really want to try it and do it for you. Needless to say I'm so fired up, but also so depressed, our next reach isn't until Oct of 2014!

My only comment is to never push the idea, but to let your significant other know how much you enjoy it, and to let them know you would love them to try it once that it would mean a lot to you. No guilt, because its not fair, just share your feelings!

What has kinda worked for us is to go over at night at CSS. Frist night he was very uncomfortable, I knew there was no way he was going over during the day. Second night was after the disco held on the SSB. We were hot and wanted to go for a dip, no way we are walking all the way to room then back down to a pool so he was willing and was more comfortable. Hoping on our next trip after another night of chunky dunking I'll get him to give it a go during the day, baby steps. If not at least we don't have to worry about sunscreen, lol.

You need to get her to go with you. The rules are the rules for a good reason. Couples is about Couples and not singles.

Over the years I have seen issues with one partner not wanting to go to the AN area and the other going. The one the does is not wanted by other the couples in the area and will mostly make an ass of themselves. (Drinking to much and hitting on others)

Go and ask her to try it for 30 min. let the sun hit her parts and let her see everyone is the same. What ever her body type is no one cares. She could be 100 lbs or 400 lbs we do not care.

Just remember, NO PICTURES ARE ALLOWED, it is like Vegas, what happens in JA stays in JA.

Let her read this.

One Love

Michael
    Irie Mon

Oh dear tanfastic! I am so chuffed that your wife loves you so much that she will put aside a 30 year 'no-go' rule to accommodate your desires but my concern is that she is going to love it and will rue the loss of 30 years of saying 'no!'. The idea is to think ahead to all the years to come of being nekkid on the beach with her!

Although we are unlikely now to return to Couples (there's a big world out there with so much to experience and see!) I will never say never as the experience of SSB and the closeness that it brings to all of us as couples is an amazing feeling that I am yet to experience anywhere (even on au naturel beaches in Europe). I guess what I am trying to say is that seeing my lady naked all day, every day, for two weeks is, for me, about as good as it gets (for others too I suspect!).

Next year it will be New Zealand for us and the fact that the flights cost considerably more than a caribbean holiday balks a bit! And no nekkidness either!

I shall still stalk the couples website though as Couples has single-handledly shown me a way of holidaying that appears perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    Oh dear tanfastic! I am so chuffed that your wife loves you so much that she will put aside a 30 year 'no-go' rule to accommodate your desires but my concern is that she is going to love it and will rue the loss of 30 years of saying 'no!'. The idea is to think ahead to all the years to come of being nekkid on the beach
    Murtle I was thinking the same thing, the funny part is I know she will love being nude the way she fell in love going topless about 18 years ago on South Beach in Miami. I also feel the exact same way about the closeness you get at Couples, we have traveled the Caribbean in over 30 trips. Last Oct was our 1st trip to Swept Away and we both commented that it was our best trip ever and the most intimate vacation ever.

Have fun in New Zealand next year, I've been there once on a layover (8 hours) last summer when I spent 5 weeks in Australia. It poured the entire 8 hours, but I toured around a little and it was beautiful.

"You need to get her to go with you."

Well said and to the point! & thanks to Randymon - we don't need to debate this - rules are rules & we follow them simply out of respect.

Next problem - he/she wants to know why it's so important to you? With the insinuation being that you just want to check out naked butts!

First - remind them that we live in the age of the internet - couples is a very, very expensive way to check out butts!

Help them understand that the best part of experiencing AN for us was doing it together!

The experience brought us closer & I want more couples to experience that intimacy...

The fun part is we only do this at couples and that enhances the fact that we are on a grown ups only vacation to celebrate us.

I like redintheheads' s advice too "baby steps" - it's nice that couples leaves these areas open at night (cn & css) for those first steps.

I think my wife's favorite aspect of AN is that it was a big confidence booster for her. And the AN crowd is so great, she feels more comfortable nekkid on the island and at SSB than she does in a bathing suit on the main beach.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    What has kinda worked for us is to go over at night at CSS. Frist night he was very uncomfortable, I knew there was no way he was going over during the day. Second night was after the disco held on the SSB. We were hot and wanted to go for a dip, no way we are walking all the way to room then back down to a pool so he was willing and was more comfortable. Hoping on our next trip after another night of chunky dunking I'll get him to give it a go during the day, baby steps. If not at least we don't have to worry about sunscreen, lol.
    We've only been to CTI which obviously closes at 5. I read that they open up SSB to the "others" after 5 as well...but do they still allow you to be AN if you'd like to use the hot tub/pool at night or get in the ocean? That could be a pretty great selling point...

Yes - ssb is clothing optional after 5 (6 in summer) - it just depends on the situation as to whether we cover up - some evenings many people show up so typically the AN group disperses when that happens. .. other evenings very few people show up so we might hang around longer.

& yes, you can use the pool / Jacuzzi anytime - the beach gets a bit creepy after dark since there's no light but you could still use it. ..

However - do note that in Tuesday nights at 9:45 they have a non nude "after party" which could cause an awkward moment if you arrived at say 9:35 .. :-)

And when the right AN crowd is in town, we might have our own small party late at night at ssb too - so you may not find yourself alone.

People can come over to watch sunset so you can get dressed or not that's up to you. We walked over after dinner and the few people there were AN. I think as long as there isnt an after party going on you can go AN. It was wonderful to go for a dip after dinner without having to go put a swimsuit on. Everything but the bar was open and there were a few lights but still pretty dark; very quite. I m sure you could go in the ocean too.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBehindTheBeard View Post
    We've only been to CTI which obviously closes at 5. I read that they open up SSB to the "others" after 5 as well...but do they still allow you to be AN if you'd like to use the hot tub/pool at night or get in the ocean? That could be a pretty great selling point...
    You can still be naked in the evening although it's open to clothed people as well. Sometimes they have events/parties there and I don't think they really want naked people running around then but after the party is over I'm sure it's fair game. I've definitely been naked at SSB when the clothed people are there for the sunset and watching their awkward faces is really fun...they try not to look but they're defintely looking so I just assume that I'm some sort of male model that they can't keep their eyes off of, hahaha.

You should consider a resort swap for a day and go to the CN AN beach. The thing is, you'll find that 3 days isn't enough at the nude beach. You won't want to go back to putting on a suit again!