Hybrid View

Default Trading Places to CSA -- "Must Do" Things During Those Limited Hours I'm There?

Will be staying a Couples Negril for 10 days in November. Signed up for Romance Rewards so we can "Trade Places" to CSA for one day. We are looking at it like a free excursion and are excited to check out 7 Mile Beach.

I believe the Trading Places Exchange will drop us off at 10 and pick us back up at 4. So my question is this: What are "must do" things at CSA during our limited time at the resort?

What restaurant should we go for lunch? Worth it to grab brunch the moment we arrive (will breakfast still be being served?). Basically want to squeeze as much as I can to get a feel for the best parts of the resort on that one day we are there!

Take a walk along Long Bay and stop in on the local shops and beach bars.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Go towards the Ocean and turn left for a great stroll towards Negril. Lunch depends on what you want, but we love the convenience and being literally right on the beach of SeaGrapes. Check out the spa and the bar over there for some fantastic fruit drinks/smoothies - nonalcoholic. Enjoy the gardens that the rooms are located in. You know, you can do the trading places more then once, or at least we did. We will be at Swept Away, our second Jamaican home, in 45 days and Couple Negril, our first Jamaican home in 53 days. Soon Come Mon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    Go towards the Ocean and turn left for a great stroll towards Negril. Lunch depends on what you want, but we love the convenience and being literally right on the beach of SeaGrapes. Check out the spa and the bar over there for some fantastic fruit drinks/smoothies - nonalcoholic. Enjoy the gardens that the rooms are located in. You know, you can do the trading places more then once, or at least we did. We will be at Swept Away, our second Jamaican home, in 45 days and Couple Negril, our first Jamaican home in 53 days. Soon Come Mon!!!
    More than once? Are you sure? I thought that it was "once a trip" perk. Maybe it's one of those "unofficial" things they'll let you sign up twice if they aren't busy =)

Some great ideas in this thread. Definitely plan on walking down the beach. Hoping to try foods at CSA that aren't available at CN. I think I remember somebody saying there are fish tacos at the CSA grill ... will definitely have to try that! I forgot about the sports centre smoothies too! =D

I believe that CN and CSA offer similar foods for the most part but there are a few things each resort has that the other doesn't.

Hope I'm not double posting but eat lunch at Seagrapes for the snapper sandwich, salads, and sweet potato chips. Walk long bay and grab a beer or two at the many little bars along the way. Lots of good shopping too.

Walk the beach
    Find Demar at the beach bar
    Go to the sports center across the street
    Watch for IceBlock (beach musician) and get him to sing for you

If you get there before 10:30am, the Palms breakfast buffet will be going on and if Patois is open for breakfast, that will be open until 10:30am also. If you go to Patois, get the banana stuffed french toast. After that, get a spot on the beach. You should definitely go to Seagrapes around lunch for the sweet potato chips and dips. Then go have a wood fired pizza at Patois. The swim up bar gets lively in the afternoon. You are going to have a blast. Enjoy!

My wife and I love many places along Long Bay, so when we did Trading Places from CN a couple of months ago we ate lunch at Buddy's Beach Bar located at Wild Parrot (amazing Fish Tacos!) down the beach past Margaritaville. We also walked the other way down to Cosmo's for a snack and some drinks later in the day. So we never actually ate at any of the CSA restaurants while we were there, and we would do it the same again. It's a great opportunity to bar hop, snack, and hang out at a lot of neat places along the Long Bay part of the 7 Mile Beach.

Wild Parrot I think is closing (or closed) due to losing their lease. If Buddy's is still open it's a great spot for lunch and and drinks and a really a nice walk from CSA. If it's closed there are still plenty of great local places to stop and eat.

As for CSA itself we tried every bar, got some sun on the beach, went across the street to the sports facility for a few minutes on the clay (har-tru actually) tennis courts, and walked all over the beautiful gardens. Overall 10 - 4 weny by really quickly!

Have fun!

My suggestion is to grab some fish tacos at Sea Grapes, then take a walk down the beach and visit some of the local bars...Check out Tony's Hut.

If it were me, this is what I would do.

Hit Patois immediately for breakfast. Absolute must try's are the Tropical Fruit Cosmopolitan, Banana Stuffed French Toast. The Griddle Cakes and Waffles are good also.

Grab a place on the beach then at some point take a walk down towards Negril and back. Relax Mon!

One thing I would say not to miss is lunch at Seagrapes. The fish tacos or fish sandwich are really good. Make sure you order 2 orders of Sweet Potato Chips and Dip.(if you dont you will wish you did). I actually liked the sushi there as well so you can keep that in mind. The Mediterranean Plate is good as well.

Check out the Athletic Center and get a Mango Smoothie (yum, the best) before you leave.
    Scott & Becca
    Houston
    Caffreys Photography

bamelin, like I said at least we did. I actually think we had a trainee that signed us up for the second trip. I asked her and she said as long as it is not full no problem. Now we stay at Swept Away a week and Negil a week so our trading places lasts a little longer. Is Good Mon!!

I'd say first go to Seagrapes for a bowl of their gazpacho - just fabulous! Then head to Patois for a rum punch or glass of champagne and a leisurely lunch (try their pizza - it's great)!

Great thread. We plan to do CSA on a Trading Places day, and take another day/afternoon to explore the Negril beach south of CSA. We want to use the Trading Places day to get a good feel for the resort. So besides exploring the Negril beach outside of CSA, what must do things can you suggest inside CSA?

Mike@Debbie, check out the great sports complex across the street for sure. Billiards, ping pong and the aweso gym and pools. Just walk through the resort , the gardens and foliage are really pretty.Also there is alot to explore in the Greathouse, enjoy
    Last edited by softail19; September 9th, 2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: bad grammar