Default Phoenix flights Help!

Hello,

I'm looking for flights from Phoenix for our 3rd trip to Couples. In the past we've flown to Ft.Lauderdale using Southwest points, stayed the night and flew out the next morning. I've always found great airfare (AirJamaica and Jet Blue) from Ft.Lauderdale and our total cost was never over $500 total. I feel like I'm not finding any great deals right now.

This trip we are looking at flying a red eye out and American Airlines looks like it has the best options for $1,300 total right now. I'm not used to this high of airfare. Anyone from Phoenix know if this is normal fare pricing? Should I book now for our April 2014 trip or wait it out? I feel like there are not many options from Phoenix and hoping for some advice!!! (Want to avoid Spirit Airlines as well).

Thanks!

I like to use this website to check airfare.

ITA Software by Google

I like the "time bar" display and how you can sort flights by price, arrival time, flight duration, etc.. I also like how you can search multiple airports at once. You can also search for flights for a month at a time to see how rates fluctuate if your travel dates are flexible.

The prices shown include taxes and fees (except baggage fees). You do not book through this site, but the prices reflect the current rates as you will find on the individual airline websites.

I ran a search for all of April out of Phoenix, Presscot and Tucson for a seven night stay. American out of PHX seems to have the lowest fares at the moment with one connecting flight either in Miami or Dallas/Ft. Worth. Weekend flights are, as you have seen, running $613 per person. If you can leave on a Sunday through Thursday, the price drops to $593 per person.

Keep an eye on the prices, they can fluctuate almost daily. However, since you are only seven months away, these might be the best you'll find. With fuel prices up, so are airline rates.
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; September 10th, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

While I'm not from Phoenix, you might want to use the website fly.com to help find lower flights. It does look like right now, that American airlines is the lowest.? We have used American airlines in the past and will no longer deal with this company. Just a heads up, we had several times our flights were changed and we never got an email letting us know of the changes. The only way we found out is when I just happened to go online and check our reservations every once in awhile. So for us, the saving of going with American airlines aren't worth the risk involved when they change your times and flights and don't inform you. Good luck on getting the airlines set up.

I don't fly from Phoenix, but our airfare this trip was $1500 - about $400 more then last trip 2 years ago.

$1300 out of PHX is normal. We've paid $1200-$1500.

What are your US Airways options. Do they have a flight to Charlotte that would give you a reasonable choice for the non-stop to Jamaica. The only time we fly US Air now is our trips to Jamaica, and we always connect in Charlotte which works great for us, but we live in Ohio and the time difference would be the killer for you guys unless you could catch a red eye, which personally I don't care for. Probably not much help but I do wish you the best good luck and certainly hope you can save a few dollars. Air fare is what caused us to go from the Suites at Negril to the cheapest rooms they have, but we don't really miss the suites since we don't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. 42 days and a bag drag.

I'm not from Phoenix either but am flying AA and paid 592 pp with a stop in dfw. The price has only gone up since I booked in July. That may be the best you are going to get. It is the most expensive flight I've ever booked to Jamaica, less planes means less seats, higher prices.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I should just go ahead and book them.

Quote Originally Posted by lynzee View Post
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I should just go ahead and book them.
    Lynzee, wife and i are from the north Valley area, We have always used US Airways on a redeye through Charlotte, but recently in mid August, we saw flights through Atlanta and then Air Tran to Montego Bay for $490.00 each. We didn't jump because my wife couldn't get away from work. I realize Soutwest owns Air Tran now so this might not be much help! Good luck

You are right about it not being a great deal from Phoenix, that is where I live and search and watch for those rates. I have found in the last 6 years that a decent price out of PHX is around $1,200 for the two of us. I've figured out a way to do a red eye and get to JA around 10:50 in the morning. Giving us a lot more time to enjoy the Island!

Wow.... I just used the site that NeedBlueWater recommended. I was just wondering about our current flights we have booked in November. The price is up to $3000! For the both of us. So glad we booked back in March. I think we paid around $1400. That is around the normal price to JA. I think the cheapest we have paid is $1200. But it fluctuates between $1200 and $1600 usually.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

PS - We fly Louisville, KY (SDF) to ATL to MBJ.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Last month I booked our flight for December. The cost was $1750. We leave Phoenix at 11:55pm and arrive in Jamaica at 10:30am and then leave Jamaica at 12:30pm and arrive Phoenix at 7:30pm. I wanted the 4pm flight out of Jamaica, but they eliminated that flight. This is considerably more than I ever paid for my flights out of Denver.

I tried to do the Southwest thing with Air Tran, but the site said they do not service Phoenix for Jamaica. I could have bought separate tickets on Southwest and then on Air Tran, but it would have cost the same or even more and the times weren't all that great. So I just went with American.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I actually found a flight that works really well with American Air for $1185 total for both of us (and we both get a checked bag free, also a savings!). Thanks to all your comments/help I know this is actually a good deal.

Thanks Rrrrrrrrr for letting me know you've been on airfare alert from PHX for 6 years, makes me feel a lot better about the prices now!

Tanfastic, I've looked into flying SW to Atlanta or Orlando and then onto Jamaica with Air Tran as I can use my points but flight days/times don't work as well. With our work we are locked into the exact days we need to fly. Thanks for the info though!

Lynzee I'm fortunate that I have so many points with US Airways we fly on points, last reach we went first class RT and it was so worth it. Its the only perk of my 4-6 flights a week routine, we plan on this again in Sept 2014! Glad you were able to get a great fare, enjoy and we will be jealous you are there.