Thread: CB review

Default CB review

Sitting in the airport after 8 days at CB. Truly not ready to leave. Im typing on my phone, so I will keep it short, but just wanted to express how impressed we were with CB.

Beautiful beach, very nice resort, and the people, the people are truly amazing. I cant stress that enough. Barbados is a wonderful island, extremely safe to travel by car or by foot. We actually spent 2 days off the resort just exploring. We did not encounter any issues that had been concerns from many previous reviews.

Everything was great, Im not sure if I would change much if anything. (If I had to be really picky, I would suggest an indoor sports bar or something similar, a place indoors to escape the heat and sun other than the room), but that is just nit picking.

So, in summary, CB is up and open to business, exceeded all of our expectations, and would definitely return...and once more, the resort staff, and the people of Barbados are amazing. Well done Randymon and Couples.

jmdjmd,

Thanks for the review and keeping us updated. We will be going ourselves in November, and love to hear the very few reviews. Were you entitled to the incentive free Island Vouchers? If so did you use them, and how easy or difficult was it?

I always love to hear when someone has a great vacation.

Yes, we did have the vouchers, and they were easy to use, especially at Oistins (A MUST DO). We used them for dinner at Oistins, and for beers. They come in $50 denominations, and you don't get change. Our dinner and drinks came to $65, so I had to use $100 worth of vouchers, so I had them give me $30 worth of beer so I wouldn't be wasting voucher money. At Oistins, beers were 3 for $10 Barbados, which is 6 for $10 US, so I ended up with 18 extra bottles of beer, and just gave them away. I made a lot of friends really fast and had a GREAT time as a result!

Thanks for the update jmdjmd - any tips/pointers/suggestions on what to do not do? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdjmd View Post
    Yes, we did have the vouchers, and they were easy to use, especially at Oistins (A MUST DO). We used them for dinner at Oistins, and for beers. They come in $50 denominations, and you don't get change. Our dinner and drinks came to $65, so I had to use $100 worth of vouchers, so I had them give me $30 worth of beer so I wouldn't be wasting voucher money. At Oistins, beers were 3 for $10 Barbados, which is 6 for $10 US, so I ended up with 18 extra bottles of beer, and just gave them away. I made a lot of friends really fast and had a GREAT time as a result!
    Thank you for the voucher infomation,sounds like you know how to have fun.....How was the food at Oistins.?.was there a duty free at the airport to bring home some rum?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoLocal101 View Post
    Thanks for the update jmdjmd - any tips/pointers/suggestions on what to do not do? Thanks.
    Do everything you can. Barbados is not an island on which you want to just stay at the resort every moment. Get out and explore, it is quite safe and you won't be disappointed, I promise. The people are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdjmd View Post
    What a great idea. I will have to try it myself.

jmdjmd.......did you use vouchers for anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    jmdjmd.......did you use vouchers for anything else?
    Yes. They are good for tours, shopping, and restaurants. They give you a list with the vouchers that tells where they are accepted.