Results 1 to 13 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default CSA Review 9/23-9/27 - long

    First time to CSA-5th time to Couples

    Flight From Des Moines to Atlanta, quick layover then Montego Bay. We had never taken this flight before and were nervous about the short layover but the planes were in adjoining terminals and we walked-no troubles. great flights.

    Airport-we had only carryons so just the customs/immigration and to the lounge. it was great-maybe 10 minutes in line. Wednesday is way better than friday for flying in! 2 beers and some chit chat then to the bus.

    Bus ride was fine. The driver was funny and nice and we met some nice couples-it went very fast. 1 stop. There was some road work but it didn't seem to hold the trip up much and it took less than 1.5 hrs (the trip back was way worse).

    Check in was quick and efficient. They have a good system and we were in our Beachfront Verandah Suite in no time. Rm 4122 which was perfect for us. truly 'on the beach'. Very close to the open pool and main restaurant. Gorgeous view - absolutely no privacy on the balcony since we were on the main walk. We made the adjustment. We loved it and would totally go beachfront again. Since we were only going for a short trip, we decided to splurge on the room. Totally worth it for the location and view. Room was fine-nothing special but the bed was comfy and the room was clean. AC worked well.

    Food-there wasn't one thing we tried we didn't like and I am very picky. We ate at Lemongrass (excellent food and service but no AC - very hot) and Patios Patio and loved them both. Beach party was moved inside because of lightening which was a shame because it was so hot. But the food was excellent. We did not try feathers (limited time) and the Palms was closed.

    Service was supreme here. We didn't meet an employee that wasn't pleasant and helpful, beyond our expectations. All went out of their way-one sang happy birthday to me.

    Beach was gorgeous and huge. I didn't think you could top CN but I think this did. Except no AN area which is a future deal breaker for us. Plenty of chairs as the resort was not full. Palapas go early and we loved sitting on our verandah watching people claim them as early as 6:15!!! There is lots of shade but it shifts constantly so we moved our chairs alot-no big deal for us. We don't like the palapas-no air movement.

    Check out kind of sucked. The system was ok once it got going and I don't have a better idea but 30 couples and 60+ pieces of luggage sitting in the drive does not make a smooth process. The ride back was slow-lots of construction in process. Flights back were great but immigration in Memphis has changed, and not for the better. We nearly missed our connection.

    To sum it up-we loved this resort. We don't have a single complaint. We would recommend it to anyone. If you can't have fun here, you can't have fun anywhere. We may go back someday but our favorite is still CN because of all it offers PLUS a great nude beach. 65 days till we are lucky enough to go there and have another fantastic vacation.

    Thanks to all the employees of CSA and kind guests we met that made our stay special and fun.

  2. #2

    Default

    sorry you didnt get to experience the Palms. on your next visit to CSA you will. great review.

    Randy

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kandl View Post
    First time to CSA-5th time to Couples

    Flight From Des Moines to Atlanta, quick layover then Montego Bay. We had never taken this flight before and were nervous about the short layover but the planes were in adjoining terminals and we walked-no troubles. great flights.

    Airport-we had only carryons so just the customs/immigration and to the lounge. it was great-maybe 10 minutes in line. Wednesday is way better than friday for flying in! 2 beers and some chit chat then to the bus.

    Bus ride was fine. The driver was funny and nice and we met some nice couples-it went very fast. 1 stop. There was some road work but it didn't seem to hold the trip up much and it took less than 1.5 hrs (the trip back was way worse).

    Check in was quick and efficient. They have a good system and we were in our Beachfront Verandah Suite in no time. Rm 4122 which was perfect for us. truly 'on the beach'. Very close to the open pool and main restaurant. Gorgeous view - absolutely no privacy on the balcony since we were on the main walk. We made the adjustment. We loved it and would totally go beachfront again. Since we were only going for a short trip, we decided to splurge on the room. Totally worth it for the location and view. Room was fine-nothing special but the bed was comfy and the room was clean. AC worked well.

    Food-there wasn't one thing we tried we didn't like and I am very picky. We ate at Lemongrass (excellent food and service but no AC - very hot) and Patios Patio and loved them both. Beach party was moved inside because of lightening which was a shame because it was so hot. But the food was excellent. We did not try feathers (limited time) and the Palms was closed.

    Service was supreme here. We didn't meet an employee that wasn't pleasant and helpful, beyond our expectations. All went out of their way-one sang happy birthday to me.

    Beach was gorgeous and huge. I didn't think you could top CN but I think this did. Except no AN area which is a future deal breaker for us. Plenty of chairs as the resort was not full. Palapas go early and we loved sitting on our verandah watching people claim them as early as 6:15!!! There is lots of shade but it shifts constantly so we moved our chairs alot-no big deal for us. We don't like the palapas-no air movement.

    Check out kind of sucked. The system was ok once it got going and I don't have a better idea but 30 couples and 60+ pieces of luggage sitting in the drive does not make a smooth process. The ride back was slow-lots of construction in process. Flights back were great but immigration in Memphis has changed, and not for the better. We nearly missed our connection.

    To sum it up-we loved this resort. We don't have a single complaint. We would recommend it to anyone. If you can't have fun here, you can't have fun anywhere. We may go back someday but our favorite is still CN because of all it offers PLUS a great nude beach. 65 days till we are lucky enough to go there and have another fantastic vacation.

    Thanks to all the employees of CSA and kind guests we met that made our stay special and fun.

    Has Couples ever considered adding/allowing some AN facility to CSA.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    Has Couples ever considered adding/allowing some AN facility to CSA.
    I would prefer they don't. I found it awkward the day we visited CN. The AN area is not very private because it opens onto the public beach. It would be even less private at CSA and frankly, I don't want to see it.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJen View Post
    I would prefer they don't. I found it awkward the day we visited CN. The AN area is not very private because it opens onto the public beach. It would be even less private at CSA and frankly, I don't want to see it.
    well in cn you actually have to "go out of your way" to "see it"
    in the times we have been there it is very seldom that you will see a nudie lounging along the water line... in fact the only way a textile person would venture over that way would be to walk the 100 meters of gln beach so share with us on how much you "saw"

    looking at the water
    [---nude---] [-------textile-----------------------------------]
    so jen how much time did you spend walking back and forth to gln? lol

    is this pretty much the vibe at CSA?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    Has Couples ever considered adding/allowing some AN facility to CSA.
    That sounds like a good idea. Love CSA but an AN area would be great.

  7. #7

    Default

    Kandl, we are looking to book our airfare soon. We are about right in the middle of Des Moines and Omaha. Was the flight from Des Moines expensive? I haven't really even looked into it, have been concentrating on Omaha because I assumed it would be cheaper.

  8. #8

    Default

    I don't think the beach at CSA is really setup to allow for an A/N section. Additionally, with SO much foot traffic at the waterline, it really wouldn't be private at all. While I would totally love an A/N area at CSA (It's our favorite of the 4 so far -- still have to visit CTI in 3 weeks -- and that's the only thing missing), I just don't know if it would work.

  9. #9

    Default

    Stacy&John: Air fare from DM is usually about $1200 for 2, including all taxes. We either fly through Memphis or Atlanta - both have been good flights. We usually check airfare from KC and Omaha and it isn't cheap enough for us to make the drive. When I am getting ready to book, I watch Delta (Northwest) every day and then just make the move when it gets to a point I like. good luck.

    I didn't think CSA had any more foot traffic than CN, by maybe we were just there at a slower time. Since the beach is so long, it seems like there wouldn't be a huge problem to find the space for A/N area. And I agree, at CN, we were there 3 days before we FOUND the nude beach and we walked the beach every day (duh). You don't really 'run across' the nude sun bathers, you have to LOOK for them to see them. I would love it if they would do the same at CSA. We loved the resort and will return but it won't be our regular because of the lack of this option. We don't always have to be nude-we just like the option

  10. #10

    Default

    CSA will never have a AN section. Cannot really do that with Beaches next door.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    CSA will never have a AN section. Cannot really do that with Beaches next door.
    I must be missing something but I fail to see what that has got to do with an AN section. I presune it's because of the children at Beaches but I cannot see a problem. It wouldn't have to be right next door to Beaches and what is wrong with children seeing nude bodies anyway?

  12. #12

    Default

    As a newbie, I am planning a trip to CN or CSA and will be booking one or the other today. I must say I am a bit intimidated by the idea of a nude beach so it is one of the main reasons that I am leaning towards CSA for our first trip. I really like the Nude option at CTI as it gives people privacy to sun bath naturally without gaukers (sp?). I do envy those who have the confidence to go natural but as a first timer it is nice that they do offer a resort without the option for those who are not ready for this type of thing. If I were to try I would most likely prefer CTI. I think it all the resorts had nude on the beach options it would scare alot of people off. People are scared of things that they aren't used to or some would just not prefer to accidently see nudity. That is just my two cents, looking forward to joing the Couples fan club!

  13. #13

    Default

    At CSA isnt it an option to go topless sunbathing? I think that would be a good first step for newbies. See how that goes before you go AN.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •