Default Been to CTI, want to try CN. Comparisons?

My husband and I went to CTI our 5th anniversary and loved it. We are thinking of trying CN this time for our 10th. Any comparisons you can make between the two would be much appreciated. Also, if you have any opinions on the following too... THANKS!

1. Paid excursions - Boat ride or zip line

2. Nightlife at CN?

3. Should we get transfer to Margaritaville, etc, while at CN?

4. Comments on au natural area at CN? We were "Islanders" at CTI.

I've been to both. I truly prefer CN. CN is not hotel-ish like CTI is. Rooms are in 9 different buildings spread out across the property in two "U" shapes. In between the "U"s are the main pool plus eating areas. At CN only 1 restaurant requires reservations. The beach is to die for with soft white sand. The ocean is free of any rocks or seaweed. Wonderful large area for lounging on your raft. The AN area has a huge hot tub and bar. Albeit there is no pool, there is the ocean. It is wonderful to be able to walk out to the ocean in your birthday suit and swim. We had many wonderful conversations in the ocean just as we did in the pool at CTI. I thought the nightly entertainment was better at CN. I also enjoyed the pathways that you can stroll. The place is very romantic at night.

I don't recommend the transfer to Margaritaville. It is an overpriced tourist trap. If you are interested in seeing the bar, do the trading places over to CSA and walk the beach to Margaritaville, it is about a 10 minute walk.

I found the nightlife at CTI to be similar to CN. They each have a piano bar where the action takes place after the dinner show in the main dining area.

I think you should give CN a try. The beach is fabulous and the swim up bar is a blast. I really think you will like it.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

My husband and I went to CTI our 5th anniversary and loved it. We are thinking of trying CN this time for our 10th. Any comparisons you can make between the two would be much appreciated.
    Congrats on your upcoming 10th anniversary! We have been to both and will be glad to help with your decision. Like CTI the resort is more compact (as compared to the other 2 Couples properties) with a centralized pool, dining and entertainment area. As Coloradojuli pointed out, CN does not have the "hotel feel" with the 9 buildings being spread out so there is room to roam. The beach at CN is not private but is larger (both in depth and width) and being public allows for strolls to enjoy the soft, white sand. Security does a wonderful job at keeping those who are not guests of that resort below the water line so you won't have to worry about strangers wondering the resort. The sunsets at CTI can't begin to compare with those at CN where you can see the sun sink into the ocean.

Also, if you have any opinions on the following too... THANKS!

1. Paid excursions - Boat ride or zip line
    We have not tried either of those you've mentioned but have heard, from others, that the zip line, Appleton Rum and YS Falls trips were good. We tried horseback riding at the Rhodes Hall plantation and would not recommend it as the ride was disorganized and not safely operated (a rider was bit by a horse as riders were allowed to "bunch up").
    2. Nightlife at CN?
    Very similar to CTI..."Showtime" occurs most evenings at the Cassave Terrace and is usually good with good variety. There's also the Beach Party with local entertainment. Like CTI, CN has a Piano Bar.
    3. Should we get transfer to Margaritaville, etc, while at CN?
    There is a shuttle (included) to Margaritaville. We've never tried it but hear that some do while, as Colorodojuli has stated, others find it to be a tourist trap.
    4. Comments on au natural area at CN? We were "Islanders" at CTI.
    The AN area at CN is separated from the main (textile) beach by hedges (to reduce the number of gawkers) with easy access to the ocean for that cool down dip (most use the floatie wrapped around themselves to make the transition without exposing themselves to those walking down the beach). We've heard that they recently improved the bar on the AN beach (can't wait to try it out!!).

Hope this helps in your decision and that your stay at whichever Couples Resort you choose is great!!