Default Floatees at Barbados

Please can anyone who's already been to Barbados. let me know whether they have the wonderful floatees that they have at the Jamaican Couples resorts. We hope to book for the spring but would be really disappointed if there weren't the means to float round the pool/ocean!

Many thanks
    Jean

They do not. The water is typically more rough at Couples Barbados (relative to Jamaica) so the floaties are not practical.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

No, we have been to CB and there are no floatees . The ocean is far too strong for them and the shape of the pool does not lend itself to them. I don't think that CB has any plans to introduce them

Quote Originally Posted by jean.gunning1@virgin.net View Post
    Please can anyone who's already been to Barbados. let me know whether they have the wonderful floatees that they have at the Jamaican Couples resorts. We hope to book for the spring but would be really disappointed if there weren't the means to float round the pool/ocean!

Many thanks
    Jean
    No floaties at CB. The waves at the beach are relatively small next to most US beaches, but are not calm like Jamaica, therefore not great for the floaties like in Jamaica. They do have boogie boards, which the Mrs. and I just used to float around on.

From what I have read on here there is no floaters in Barbados. I may be wrong since I have never been but I remember a posting about it before.

You can always get a "boogie board" from water sports and use that in the ocean. You can't lay on it and bringing a drink into the water is impractical with all the waves, but you can hang onto it and float.

I bought a $3.00 inflatable raft at the dollar store and plan on bringing it with us on our trip in December. It will not take up any room and we plan on leaving it there when our trip is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    I bought a $3.00 inflatable raft at the dollar store and plan on bringing it with us on our trip in December. It will not take up any room and we plan on leaving it there when our trip is over.
    Ingo, Randymon posted this some time ago regarding people bringing floatees:

What's the latest on the floaties? Are we allowed to bring our own?!

No Floaties and we prefer that you do not bring your own. A bunch different color plastic blow-up floaties would be rather unsightly.

Someone asked in the question and answer Post about Barbados if you can bring your own floatees, and Randy's response was that the resort discourages it.

the water is great to boogie board but not float in the ocean... make sure you make it to Oistins on Friday nights we ended up there three times during our week food is awesome!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware that they discourage bringing your own floaties. My bright yellow raft would stand out:-)

randi&sherri~ did you go to Oistins on both Friday night and a different night? We're arriving and leaving on a Friday. I know everyone recommends going Friday night but I"m not sure if we're going to feel like leaving the resort our first night. Would prefer to just make the trip ourself another night if its not a don't miss type thing. Any info on the difference would be much appreciated.. Thanks!

We also arrived on a Friday, and were there 2-3 hours before we jumped on the Couples provided bus, and spent a few hours at Oistins. It was a great way to get the feel of the island on the first day, and a delicious meal too. Ask any of the bar staff about Oistins when you arrive at CB. A lot of the Couples employees go to Oistins on Friday night, and they are MORE than happy to give you hints, tips, and meet you there for a beer. The staff, especially the bar staff, is amazing, and a lot of fun.
    The bus to Oistins is only complementary on Friday nights. Any other time you can take a bus or walk.

mshell we did arrive on Friday night also and its by far the busiest night as its the place to be on Fridays...However we went there two other times by taking the bus $1 us each way per person after a short walk to the main road from the resort and had just as good as time as Friday. We watched and talked with the locals as they played dominoes and just enjoyed the evenings relaxing on island!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Quote Originally Posted by randi&sherri View Post
    mshell we did arrive on Friday night also and its by far the busiest night as its the place to be on Fridays...However we went there two other times by taking the bus $1 us each way per person after a short walk to the main road from the resort and had just as good as time as Friday. We watched and talked with the locals as they played dominoes and just enjoyed the evenings relaxing on island!
    It sounds like it might be fun to do on any night. I have read a lot that buses are only a $1, and was wondering how easy they are to use, so your post helps a lot. Did you take buses anywhere else? Did you get the incentive vouchers, and if so what did you use them on? Thank you do much for your replies.

Thanks for the info jmdjmd and randi&sherri! It's great to get first hand information.
    I was thinking that it might be a nice way to get a little intro to Barbados our first day there, but its good to hear from someone who has been there other nights and still enjoyed it. I"m not a big fan of crowds so another night might be a good idea. Guess we'll just see what works best that day. Trying to not do too much planning but.... I"m super excited to explore Barbados and I"m fearing a week isn't going to be near long enough!