Hybrid View

Default CTI December Weather

My wife and I are booked for CTI for the last week in December. We went to CSA for our honeymoon in 2010 and loved it, but we wanted to try the other side of the island to celebrate Christmas and ring in the new year. We are very excited, but have been reading about the water being a bit more rough in Ocho Rios and have read about the red flag days at CTI. We are a bit concerned that it could keep us from being able to do some of the water sports that we are looking forward to. I know the weather can not be controlled, but could anyone provide some of your experiences with red flag days during this time of year? If it is a day or two it is no big deal, but if it ends up being the whole week, we may have wished we had gone back to Negril.

My wife is also very excited about paddle boarding. Can anyone confirm that paddle boarding is offered at CTI? It shows it is an available activity on the Couples website but confirmation would be much appreciated!

I'm interested in what others have to say as well. About 5 years ago we went to CSS in December and found the weather to be considerably wetter than in Negril at the same time? Of course that was just one time so we don't know if that is common or not. But while we were at CSS a number of the water sports were canceled on a number of the days we were there.

All depends on whether or not there is a weather front in the tropics- can't really predict. We have been to CTI twice and CSS once (both of course in OCHI)- once it was actually too cold to comfortably get in the pools and the ocean was rough.... The other 2 times were heavenly, warm, no storms, perfect wether for the pools and ocean- nothing affected water sports whatsoever. This year we arrive on 12/24 at CSS for Christmas and the switch over to CN for New Years- so we will get the best of both worlds. Don't stress about the weather.....