Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Maybe that's the problem! The old mb was not like all the others that are out there. It was unique, and even if it wasn't the "latest model", it served it's purpose. I'm hoping that this one will be easier to use over time. I have found that I'm not checking it like I used to and this one is even slower in getting the posts up. We'll see...........

I really don't care for it either. Everytime I reply to a post it makes me sign in again, even though I am already signed in. I also don't like all the clutter.If it ain't broke don't fix it!

I agree with TRISH! Bit frustrated here... and still having a rough time staying logged in; YES, I have hit the remember me button...
    The other board just seemed so much easier to use - at least for me.
    I'm on a computer all day, know the basics; never had a prob with the other mb....
    This is becoming too much like work for me just to stay on and be able to post and reply...
    Sorry, dont' like change either and don't mean to complain... just miss the simple friendly board that we enjoyed for years.
    Would prob like this better if it wasn't such a hassle for me to stay logged in... and no I really don't feel like taking a bunch of diff steps to do so, and clearing my cookies, whatev (unless they are choc chip and I get to eat them)....
    Prob just grumpy - too much change - can't get a Sat flight from Phila on AJ (I know nothing to do with the mb but just kinda throwing that in there and being silly as it all relates to our dreams and thoughts of paradise (CN) so it is all sort of related)..
    Oh well, guess I will just sign off and go do something constructive...
    Have a GREAT Day!

Sorry people but I LOVE the new message board!!!! I guess because a million years ago I used to do a little D-base and cobal programming and I love not having to use a graphical interface all the time. WOO HOO LOVE THE NEW BOARD Just give it a little time and ask all the questions you need to and you will all get the hang of it very soon. Just play around with all the buttons at the top of the window you post in and you will find all your font sizes, colors and special effects.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Art and Francine - I was having the same problem. Clear your cookies and restart your browser and you should be able to stay logged in.

I like that I can click ont the icon for reading from the "newest" post and not having to go through all the old posts to get to the newest. Thanks!
    Vicky

We LOVE the new format! Much easier for us to identify new posts. Also, the preview feature (holding the cursor over the message) is one of the best improvements, IMO.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

I am only an occasional poster, but daily reader! I am going to have to practice, practice, practice.......

I miss the way that i could go on the old mb and chat with everyone, this is so hard to navigate. I hope that all the kinks get worked out and I still see posts from my favorite hugger tommy. Good Luck learning how to navigate.

I can't say that I like this new message board either. I can't stay logged in, I don't know what cookies are, have no clue where you can find them (my guess would be the grocery store), have no idea how to choose a color, font or whatever. I really only want to read about what's going on and give a reply every now and then. I think it will really be easier to just email Amy and ask her to give me updates every week.

Okay - got rid of my cookies (crumbs all over the place)....seems better... So let's see how this works now! A & F

I don't post much but I also read almost every day. I like the new format but then I don't really care too much about the technology. I just want to read about my beloved couples. One thing I know is that it is a lot of work to redesign this whole message board. Many thanks to seandymon, the tech guys, KrisJamie and all the others who worked on it and who are good enough to try to help those of us who aren't so computer savvy. And a big thank you to all who are voicing there frustation. It shows you care and like me want this board to keep being the best on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Richli2 View Post
    You should have done more extensive alpha and beta testing the new MB before launching it. As others have stated I too are not happy using this new MB.
    If it does not become more user friendly it is adios my amigos!
    What issues are you having? A group of us DID Beta test the functionality of this board, and VBulletin is a standard format.

Unfortunately, nobody can Beta test for user comfort and preferences, but we can help get settings straight if you can pass your issues on to us.

Default I have to agree, after trying this new board...its a no go

I realize that a lot of effort went into this new design, but I don't like the way it looks. by comparison the old board looks like the upgrade to this board. I have cut down my Message board activity dramatically.

After many days of looking ALL over the new message board,I simply do not like it...I understand some liking it better but it's not very user friendly to this very old man.

I still LOVE Couples and will keep reading the new MB but not as often as the old one.

Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Tommywommy View Post
    After many days of looking ALL over the new message board,I simply do not like it...I understand some liking it better but it's not very user friendly to this very old man.

I still LOVE Couples and will keep reading the new MB but not as often as the old one.

Hugs
    Awe give it some more time Tommy it will grow on you.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Sorry to hear that Tommy, I always enjoy reading your posts.

I think the new board seems much less friendly and a but too cluttered compared to the simple look of the old MB.

But the heck what do I know anyhow, I like Ting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommywommy View Post

Hugs
    Tommy you are not the only one they have lost... you can see this is probably my 2nd post. I just can't read it - gives me a headache. I would guess tho, most regret losing you, me on the other hand... well let's just say - I have been told they won't! HAHA! LOL

TW

What did you say the first time you logged onto the Couples Message Board? Think back ole friend. Think of the learning curve you went thru to learn the old one. How to post a picture. How to post a hug. Even animated hugs. Do you remember those days?

So think of it as something new you have just come across. It's not that hard. Ya sure a little different but not hard.

You can't give up that easy!

Default I Know What You're Talking About Tommywommy

I like the new MB because it's more like e-mailing with all the different choices & I like being able to see people's profiles to see what they look like & where they're from BUT ............... it's not nearly as easy to use as the old MB & I don't find myself looking at it nearly as often as I did the old board. It's harder to see what messages have new replies that I'd like to read since I checked last - or it is for me anyway. I also find it a little hard to read period since everyone uses different fonts & colors (including me) so my eyes tend to focus in on the posts with larger & bolder fonts (easy on these old eyes) & skip over the ones in smaller fonts or hard to read colors because they are not as easy to read. (Getting old bites OK). I still haven't figured it all out. Kinda just let it go for awhile - Just don't have time most days & the first week I messed with it non-stop. I'll keep at it, though. I understand what Tommywommy is saying though. Guess it'll just take some getting used to.

Keep trying Tommywommy - We'd hate to lose you around here.
    Julie

Friends...I am not leaving the message board..Looking at it daily..I will always be around so be careful what you say about me..LOL

Hugs

Default I think somone needs a hug

I don't know how to insert the wonderful hugs TommyWommy sendsName:  DSC00020.jpg
Views: 1772
Size:  79.9 KB to people- I will just try to send him some jamaican ducks from CSS

I see road trips to 10 O C to hand teach my dear ole son that there is a Tommywommy demand on this message board for him.

You can not turn your back on so many now! We won't allow you to lurk in the shadows.

Has everybody tried right clicking on header at the top of the page that looks like what I've pasted below? Right click and open in new tab or window.

It gets rid of the 2 sidebars of info about the new and old message boards and is much less busy. Try it you might like it.

Couples Resorts Message Board

Thank you jimpart1!!! That is so much better. The clutter was driving me crazy! Getting rid of those annoying side bars makes a huge difference when viewing pictures.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast