Default CSA - Best time to check in?

We are staying at Catcha Falling Star for 2 nights before checking into CSA. Any suggestions on when we should make our way down to check-in at CSA? We will be checking in on a Sunday.

I'm pretty sure check-in time is 3:00 p.m. If you go any earlier, you're likely to be told your room isn't ready, but you can go through the check-in process. We typically arrive at the resort at lunch time. We let them know we're there (our room isn't ready), go have lunch, maybe a swim (suits in our carry-on bag)..and go back to get into our room.

I would say to find out the check out time at Catcha Falling Star and make your move then. Check in at CSA is 4:00 PM but often the rooms are available earlier. If not head to the beach, get something to eat at the Seagrape Café or the Cabana Grill any time during the day, all the beach bars are open for drinks or you could also stroll along the Seven Mile Beach while you wait for your room. We always take the earliest flight to Jamaica so we can do some or all of these our first day there whether the room is ready or not. Can't get there early enough and can't leave late enough our final day. Ya mon...CSA!

As soon as you like but there's a good chance you will not get a room until 4 PM. Be prepared. I'm hoping this has changed since we were there last, as we are arriving early in just over three weeks.

If you are OK not having a room for a while, I'd say the earlier the better. You room may not be available until 3:00, but you can store your luggage and go enjoy the property until that time as early as you'd like.

As soon as you wake up. Your room won't be available, but you can begin using the amenities immediately upon arrival.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs View Post
    We are staying at Catcha Falling Star for 2 nights before checking into CSA. Any suggestions on when we should make our way down to check-in at CSA? We will be checking in on a Sunday.

We are staying 3 nights at Catcha Falling Star before our week at CSA! I can't help you with your question - just excited that we planned the same vacation.

Trying to decide if we want to go down early (before check-in), hang around Catcha or go over to Seastar to watch some football and then go down to CSA to check-in. Decisions, decisions. I might try to call CSA from Catcha that morning and ask when would be a good time.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Luvmylabs , pauvrelapin
    I have always been interested in Catch a Falling Star. Does it cost a lot to travel there from the airport? Have you been there before?
    Thanks
    Mariann
    Jimnmariann

luvmylabs~ My only advice is don't go during CSA check out time..otherwise its personal preference on how you want to spend your day. My husband and I usually spend a 3 nights on the cliffs before every CSA trip, and for us.... can't wait to get to CSA so we head there first thing in the morning. But nothing wrong with spending the day on the cliffs either!
    Jimnmariann~ Costs for ride from airport is roughly $50.Stayed at Catcha a number of times. Email me at bedevil @ comcast.net and I"ll be happy to give you all the info I have. The moderators, understandably, don't like talk of other resorts on here.

As far as I'm concerned, anytime is the best time to check in, after all it means I have arrived home in paradise!!! Is good mon!

Quote Originally Posted by mshell View Post
    luvmylabs~ My only advice is don't go during CSA check out time..otherwise its personal preference on how you want to spend your day. My husband and I usually spend a 3 nights on the cliffs before every CSA trip, and for us.... can't wait to get to CSA so we head there first thing in the morning. But nothing wrong with spending the day on the cliffs either!
    Jimnmariann~ Costs for ride from airport is roughly $50.Stayed at Catcha a number of times. Email me at bedevil @ comcast.net and I"ll be happy to give you all the info I have. The moderators, understandably, don't like talk of other resorts on here.
    mshell~ I just tried to email you and it bounced back. Do you have another address?