Thread: Vow Renewal

Default Vow Renewal

Can anyone tell me how long the service lasts please - I have a couple of songs I have chosen - will I need more or is two ok? We are to renew on the 21st October so not long now! We will be at CB but would have thought that the ceremonies will be similar wherever!

I am renewing my vows at CB in November. I read on their site that the ceremony is about 15-20 minutes. Let me know what you find out. I chose 3 songs.

We renewed our vows May 14 2013 at Couples Tower Isle. Ceremony lasted approx. 20 min and we chose 5 songs: walking down the isle, exiting together, cake & toast, signage of the certificate, and one for the first dance. The songs chosen for our ceremony were....Walking down the isle: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" (Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole), Exit together: "Better When We're Together" (Jack Johnson), Cake & Toast: "I Won't Give Up" (Jason Mraz), Signage of Certificate: "More Than Words" (J. Rice & The Piano Guys), First Dance: "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (Queen) Instead of dancing a waltz we chose to dance the East Coast Swing for a little bit of fun! Keep in mind that that this is your ceremony and you can have what you wish but I would say 3-5 songs would do.

Vow Renewal VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...27857959926029

Vow Renewal Photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=84b3f01261

Name:  jamaica1.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  84.7 KB
    Name:  jamaica3.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  96.3 KB
    Name:  Jamaica5.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  41.3 KB
    Name:  Jamaica6.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  76.1 KB

Penny
    AKA: Buzybee

Quote Originally Posted by ph2757 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how long the service lasts please - I have a couple of songs I have chosen - will I need more or is two ok? We are to renew on the 21st October so not long now! We will be at CB but would have thought that the ceremonies will be similar wherever!

I just returned from CSS two nights ago. While there my husband and I renewed our vows. I created a playlist of about 8 songs and considering the ceremony entrance and exit, the cake cutting, and the champagne and cake reception, we had the chance to listen to the entire playlist.

We felt very happy that the wedding coordinator and photographer let us take us long as we wanted to drink champagne and eat our wedding cake. We took our time and enjoyed the experience. I guess how many songs you need on your playlist will depend on how long you want to linger during your "reception".

The ceremony itself took about 10 - 15 minutes, but except for your entrance and your exit, you won't need any music during the ceremony.

Name:  Vow Renewal Ceremony photo (Copy).jpg
Views: 443
Size:  174.8 KB

Those pictures are really a wonderful examples of a vow renewal scenes. It is in someway a solemn event that you both have as a couple. It is just like recalling what you've promised with each other. Lastly, when you renew your vows, you remember and make a new commitment to the person you're in a relationship with

So cool! I see the extra pictures posted on the site to add onto the renewal. They are very expensive though, right? The very least expensive being over $800. If this really is the rate, would you say you felt it was worth it and what the photo "shoot" is like, when you get the pics, etc? Thanks!

I'm curious about this as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg5 View Post
    So cool! I see the extra pictures posted on the site to add onto the renewal. They are very expensive though, right? The very least expensive being over $800. If this really is the rate, would you say you felt it was worth it and what the photo "shoot" is like, when you get the pics, etc? Thanks!

If my memory serves, you don't have to tell them which photo package you want prior to the ceremony. You will have a photographer with you during the ceremony and reception, and then he will take you around the grounds and take various photos of you in various locations and poses. When you go into the photography studio area to view your photos you can look at the various packages they have to offer and then decide which package you want to purchase. As I recall, they have more photo package options available at the resort once you are there then they do on the website.

We originally thought we wanted a very small package (I think it was 8 photos, or something like that). Then, after the ceremony when we saw how wonderful the photos were, we opted for a larger package. We purchased 40 photos on CD (no hard copies) because it was less expensive. I figured I could make the hard copies from the CD images once we got home.

As to whether or not it was worth it - this is a personal choice, but for me it was definitely worth it! However, my personal preference and advice would be to wait to see the photos and then select which package you want after the ceremony.