Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Would like an update on Couples Barbados

We are going to Couples Barbados in December.
    Originally the reviews were very negative but over the past month or two they seemed to be very positive.
    However, the two most recent reviews on Trip Advisor were very negative.
    I am looking for anyone who has recently returned from Couples Barbados to provide us with an honest review of the property and staff.
    I am trying not to let the negative reviews discourage me as we have been looking forward to this trip for months now.
    Thank you in advance to anyone who replies.
    ***Randymon - would love to hear from you as well****

My boss and his wife just came back from CB and I have been bombarding him with questions. They enjoyed their week and really had nothing negative to say. He said the food and entertainment was good. He was in a Junior Ocean Suite, which is what we have booked for October, and said the room was very nice. He did say there was not a lot of ocean view due to the amount of trees but still a nice view. He did say he was a little disappointed on the Cat Cruise that they only saw 2 turtles. But I guess that's better than no turtles. He told me that he is sure we will have a great time. We have 24 days to go. Enjoy your trip in December. Look for our review the beginning of November.

My husband and I were just there from Sept. 15 through 22nd on our honeymoon. Trust me, please do not let the negative reviews worry you, please on TripAdvisor are brutal. The property was incredible, the grounds were well kept and even the groundskeepers would greet us every time we passed. I cannot say enough kind words about the staff. Our glasses were rarely empty (and if they were, it was understandable) and not a single staff member was not 100% friendly and willing to go above and beyond. The food was amazing, and the jerk chicken at the pool grill was definitely the best chicken I've ever had. We actually bought a bottle of jerk spice to take home. The lunch veggie bar at Yes Please was unbelievable. Try the pumpkin jalapeno dip with the chips! And the cucumber water was very refreshing after a long night of drinking. Ricardo and Akeem at the pool bar were the best bartenders! The staff even played pool volleyball with us pretty much every day.

If we had any small complaints, it was that our ceiling in the bathroom had a small drip (which we never formally complained about so I guess we can't really "complain"). There are no ice machines on the floors so if you want your ice bucket filled, you have to do it a bar (again, this is small stuff that didn't bother us). And if you are in Block 1 and you want to go to bed early, forget about it. The stage is on the bottom floor which does have awesome live music/entertainment but our shuttle to the airport was at 4am so that wasn't too enjoyable - only that night.

Hope that helps! I'm going to go write a POSITIVE review on TripAdvisor based on this post.

BrendaandBruce.PA and Amanda 776 - Thanks for the replies. This is a long awaited vacation with my parents and while I try to take the reviews with a grain of salt, the negativity just bothered me. It is good to hear all the positives coming from you. We just look forward to relaxing and walking on the beach. I look forward to reading both of your reviews before we go.
    Brendaandbruce.PA - enjoy the trip in Nov :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LaurPkny View Post
    Originally the reviews were very negative but over the past month or two they seemed to be very positive.
    I am looking for anyone who has recently returned from Couples Barbados to provide us with an honest review of the property and staff.
    I am trying not to let the negative reviews discourage me as we have been looking forward to this trip for months now.
    My wife and I were there the first week of September. Here is my advice. Read all the bad reviews, and expect everything bad to happen (we had our own doubts also). Then when nothing bad does happen, and everything is awesome, and you end up having one of the best vacations ever, you will appreciate it even more. Seriously, trust me, don't worry. It was great, and remember, there will always be people who find a reason to complain.

Glad to read your comments, we are going next week for my 60th and I must say Trip Advisor has worried me

Thanks for those updates. I have just booked 7 nights from 16 - 23Nov.

Can anyone tell me if the hot tub is working now?

Hi All
    We are going 19th-29th November so excited and also relieved to read these reviews! I'm also wondering if anyone knows when it will be at 'full capacity' as I'm a little concerned about that given the reviews I've read so far.

Love Chell x

We r at the resort right now,the place is beautiful.staff is excellent,we have been to Couples Negril before and Sweptaway.as far as comparison goes ,this resort is now up to Couples standard,so relax,you will have a great time here.When we get home I will try and post some pics maybe even a video.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurPkny View Post
    At the resort right now and can say that although I do not agree with the previous post about it being up to Couples standards, if Randymon or any of the management would like to contact me i will expand, there is nothing here to worry about. The hotel is fine, the staff fantastic, food fabulous and the beach wonderful.
    There are still a few teething problems evident which will no doubt be well documented on Tripadvisor but I am sure you will have a fantastic time

Quote Originally Posted by pharma girl View Post
    Thanks for those updates. I have just booked 7 nights from 16 - 23Nov.

Can anyone tell me if the hot tub is working now?
    Not working yet

Looking forward to our trip to Barbados as well. When is the hot tub expected to be fixed?

bigd: please give us a comparison of CSA to CB. We loved CSA for the laid back, quiet atmosphere. We had a room that walked right out onto the beach at CSA. I realize the high rise at CB won't give us that luxury, but how else does it compare? Ocean waves? Room quality? Beach quality? Locals on the beach? Mosquitos/Sand Fleas? We want to get a mental mindset of what to expect so we can put any little things aside and enjoy our time there!

looking for updates also, 30 day count down has begun!!

Quote Originally Posted by geordieworldtour View Post
    Not working yet
    Hi geordieworldtour, thanks for the update. I understand there is a problem with the jets (faulty circuit board) but that the hot tub is filled and hot - is this correct?

As of Oct.5th Hot Tub/Pool -the water is hot & pool /tub is filled, but has only 2 jets working at a very low pressure.asked Wayne Williams (GM)what the problem is & his response was that a bad circuit board was installed and the it is a work in progress at this time with no time of repair noted.Name:  Hot tub Pool.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  294.7 KB

Wow! Terrible news about Couples Barbados! I was looking forward to a trip there in the future.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Just heard it was ceasing to be run by Couples on NOV 6th. We were to arrive on NOV 7th. The thread was closed from the announcement. I expected more from Couples that this. I went on line. I wrote to compny twice. The only Couples resort that had openings for Nov 6th thru 12th was CTI and that was for Ocean Suites. But no airfare exchanged. If this gets through I will be totally amazed.

You may want to read the main posting about this resort. Its no longer a Couples......

Quote Originally Posted by pharma girl View Post
    Hi geordieworldtour, thanks for the update. I understand there is a problem with the jets (faulty circuit board) but that the hot tub is filled and hot - is this correct?
    sss

Well now it just got sold and will be a Sandals as of November 6th. I hope Couples got reimbursed for all the money they sunk into updating the place
    Holly Irvin

We have family that has reservations for 11/2-9, for their honeymoon (at our suggestion after staying in July). Given the rebranding to Sandals right in the middle of that week, 11/6, there are a ton of questions. None of us know anything about Sandals or the specifics of how the transition will be handled. The wording of the press release sounds like their booking will be honored through 11/6, but what about the second half of their stay? Could they be subject to different fees/costs? Does Sandals have the same strict no tipping policy?
    I hardly know where to start.....

I think an explanation as to why couples Barbados is sold less then 6 months after taking over is needed. Seems ridiculous.

I also have reservations at CB on Nov 30th. Like other people, I did not understand the November 6th explanation as to whether Sandals would honor my reservations at the same price. After calling customer service at Couples, they assured me that Sandals would honor my reservations for Nov 30th, and that Sandals would honor any reservations made through Couples up until November 6th. I understand that Randymon said that for all purposes they will no longer be making reservations at CB effective immediately. As far as I'm concerned, my vacation will go on as planned except we will be staying at Sandals. Any other information to the contrary would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie1978 View Post
    I think an explanation as to why couples Barbados is sold less then 6 months after taking over is needed. Seems ridiculous.
    I'll bet there was plenty of 'splainin' going on, but I really doubt that we'll ever find out the why's behind the sale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast