Thread: Music

Default Music

Can someone please tell me how the music works? Do they provide it, or can we bring our own? I know we can hire a steel drum band or saxophonist and such, but our guest has a huge musical library on his phone, and we have a Bose mini speaker that kicks it out pretty good that we could use. But then again, not sure about the cell phone usage, maybe an ipod? we have that too.

I just returned from CSS where my husband and I renewed our vows. I created a playlist and put it on a CD. The wedding coordinator brought a boom box (small but powerful and clear sound) and played our custom wedding music CD on that. I think they can also accommodate an i-pod. I wasn't sure if the wedding coordinator would have problems finding the correct playlist on my i-pod, so I decided to put my playlist on a CD to eliminate the potential for problems.

It was just the two of us almost 9 years ago so we only had one song as I walked down the isle but for our video which turned out awesome btw, I picked 4 songs on cd and they just edited them . I've heard of people burning cds and using them. The dvd was well worth the money imo.

Agreed! We love our DVD we bought of the wedding. But one word of warning ladies: if you burn your own music for the wedding make sure to test it before you leave on a few different players. Had a hell of a time getting ours started, but finally did work for the ceremony. Our playlist was:
    1: walk down the aisle song=One Love by Bob Marley
    2:First kiss song=3 Little Birds by Bob Marley
    3:Sign the papers song=Love is My Religion by Ziggy Marley
    4:cutting the cake song=Save Room For Love by John Legend
    You shouldn't need anymore than 4 songs unless it changed since 2006 which I doubt. Congrats ladies, let us know how it all goes

We created separate playlists for everything. Guests being seated, bridal party down the aisle/groom, my song, exit/signing certificate. First dance, first dances with parents, dinner music, dancing! (We had 25 guests attend our wedding)
    They provide a stereo to play on. We used an ipod. I'm pretty sure the had different stereos from when we got married on the beach to our beach reception. The songs were very clear at the wedding, the sound was a bit grainy and kept stopping at the wedding reception. We didn't mind though, we just kept singing along and dancing. We arranged for a rehearsal, so the coordinator figured out the order of our songs, when to play them, when to stop/switch. They were on top of it!! It does cost extra to have a rehearsal, but if you have many people involved in your wedding, I would totally recommend it!

Jaime-- Did you have a beach recepetion? My fiance and I are having one on April 26th, 2014 and I am DYING to see some photos from someones beach reception. Also, did you have a DJ? TELL ME ALL THE DETAILS!!! HaHA! Congrats by the way!!!

Hey,
    First of all create separate playlists for everything. Guests being seated, bridal party down the aisle/groom, my song, dinner music etc. It provide quick music play as per situation, bring DVD with collection of different song and great sound quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    We created separate playlists for everything. Guests being seated, bridal party down the aisle/groom, my song, exit/signing certificate. First dance, first dances with parents, dinner music, dancing! (We had 25 guests attend our wedding)
    They provide a stereo to play on. We used an ipod. I'm pretty sure the had different stereos from when we got married on the beach to our beach reception. The songs were very clear at the wedding, the sound was a bit grainy and kept stopping at the wedding reception. We didn't mind though, we just kept singing along and dancing. We arranged for a rehearsal, so the coordinator figured out the order of our songs, when to play them, when to stop/switch. They were on top of it!! It does cost extra to have a rehearsal, but if you have many people involved in your wedding, I would totally recommend it!
    Thanks for the info!

nataliekathleen424, I will post a reception review so that other brides can see too. I know when I was doing my research, hardly ANYONE had info regarding a reception since most were small wedding groups. We had 25 guests!! Keep an eye out for that Congrats!!!

Jaime! that would be great!! thanks so much! hope it was the best day ever! Congrats to you and your hubby!!