Default CTI vs Sans Souci

Can someone please give me advise. Looking into another trip to Couples. Background, CTI 2x many years ago, CN 2x, and CSA this year. We were thinking of trying SanSouci but a return trip to CTI is not out of the question since the entire resort has changed since we were there many many years ago. I would like to know what people think of SS vs CTI. Which do you like better and why. Beach? Rooms? Restaurants? etc. Please help us make a decision. Thanks in Advance.

Personally, we love CSS. The grounds are the draw. They are amazing! Beautiful views from so many levels. It's quite hilly with many stairs so be forewarned if you have trouble climbing stairs. We always get the beachfront rooms. There are restaurants at the top of the hill, at the front desk area, as well as on the beach level. 3 restaurants in all. CTI is more of a hotel feel. Not our thing. CSS is spread out and again, beautiful. You will not regret staying at CSS. We'll be back for the third time for 10 days in September, 2014.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

We have stayed at both CSS and CTI and have to say CTI is our favourite. Having said that, I love the grounds at CSS - all the walkways, the pond area and the choice of the main pool or mineral pool. There are a lot of steps which didn't bother us, but those with mobility problems may have difficulty. There is a shuttle service available.
    We found CTI to be the more social resort, possibly because it's all on one level and people seem to gravitate to the beach bar and then piano bar after the evening entertainment. Because CSS is on several levels it felt to us like the resort was split.
    The food at CSS was excellent, no problem with the quality. We feel CTI offers more choice and it seemed to us the menus changed more often than at CSS. We were at CSS for 14 days but if you are there for a shorter period of time that might not matter so much.
    At CSS we were in F3 which is the block adjacent to the lobby, and overlooked the pool by the balloon bar. This meant quite a climb back from the beach and Palazina. Nice room though. We usually go for a superior ocean view at CTI.
    If you are into AN I would think CSS would be better, at least the beach won't close if it's a bit windy!
    Hope this helps a little.

We are CSS fans, but that was the first resort we went to. The first trip we took I was going to book CTI because of the Cat Cruise, but that was when they were under construction, so we took CSS. We were happy we did. We have never stayed at CTI, but have done the trading places. We like the feel of CSS. To us CTI has more of a "hotel" feel, while CSS has a "villa" feel. We like the layout of CSS, and of course we think SSB is better than the island.

But to be fair everyone has their own preferences. My suggestion would be to check out each one on the web site and go with your heart. I don't think you would be disappointed with either one.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by JulRic View Post
    Can someone please give me advise. Looking into another trip to Couples. Background, CTI 2x many years ago, CN 2x, and CSA this year. We were thinking of trying SanSouci but a return trip to CTI is not out of the question since the entire resort has changed since we were there many many years ago. I would like to know what people think of SS vs CTI. Which do you like better and why. Beach? Rooms? Restaurants? etc. Please help us make a decision. Thanks in Advance.
    Short version - Food was better at CTI, Liked the vibe at CTI better - CSS was very laid-back and CTI had more of a party/resort vibe. Preferred SSB at CSS to the Island at CTI.

We would happily return to either, price will drive the decision when we book our next trip to Jamaica.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014
    ??? - 2015

Beach, CTI
    Restaurants, CTI
    Staff CTI

A/N area, CSS
    SPA, CSS
    Rooms, slight edge to CSS

Quote Originally Posted by JulRic View Post
    There's a few threads out there that address this, but here's my take..

Food - CTI is a bit better, more choices, although you won't be disappointed in CSS
    Drinks - even - no real difference, except that the piano bar at CTI had Guinness at the time
    Staff - overall, we found CTI to be a bit more friendly, probably because you see them more often due to the compact nature of the resort.
    Atmosphere - CTI is more energetic and louder and more fun. CSS allows for better relaxation
    Spa - we thought CTI was a bit better, but its really a toss up. Having that massage on the cliffs at CSS though is magnificent.
    Grounds - CSS is one of the most beautiful grounds that we've stayed on. CTI is nice, but not comparable. CSS is spread out, allowing for privacy, long walks, exploring, hanging with nature. CTI is compact, and more hotelish.
    Pools - CSS has the mineral pool, which is unique and usually underused. The main swim up bar pool is large. CTI has the main pool which is a standard rectangle, and the swim up pool, which can get pretty loud. I like the CSS pools better. CSS also has a bigger pool for au naturel. Hot tubs are at both too, and the last few times we went, worked really well.
    Yoga - CSS was better, right on the water.
    Room service - varied, both had some waiting sometimes and other times they came right away.
    Entertainment - toss up - usually we were too tired from drinking and sitting in the sun to stay up too late. But when we did, the piano bar and the patio outside the balloon bar were both fun. Otherwise, the entertainment which comes in to perform is comparable, although we didn't see the steel drum band at CSS.
    Beaches - CSS has better beaches, but not by much. The one plus about CTI was that there was more of a dropoff than at CSS where you could wade for a while with water up to your knees.
    Au Naturel - CSS has a real food facility, real pool and real beach, so you can truly swim in the ocean au naturel. Tower Isle is very unique in that its an island and has a tower (obviously), usually has a good bartender, and friendlier guests. You can only kinda swim in some areas right off the island though and the pool is much smaller than CSS. Neither facility puts you near the textile guests, except at sunset for SSB. Topless (for women) is allowed at the main beach at CSS, but you're relegated to the pier at CTI. Men can let their boobs hang out anywhere except the restaurants.
    Travel to the resorts are the same -CTI might be 5-10 minutes further.
    Snorkeling/Scuba is comparable as are the other watersports. However, CSS tends to get less wind and smoother water than CTI.
    Rooms - we haven't stayed in a suite at CTI, and only stayed in suites at CSS. Loved the rooms at CSS, liked at CTI. View from the rooms at CTI on the ocean side are stunning though. Service was great at both as the minibars were kept stocked and room kept clean. CSS offer more variety for rooms too. Views from the rooms are attached.

So I don't know which is better - we've loved each every time we've gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

After 78 trips to CTI and only one to CSS I wuld jave to votre for CTI.
    Here's why:
    More compact vs too many hills. Which mens less walking.
    Better dining options. (All within very easy walking distance).
    The best staff of all four.
    Any questions? Ask away.

Each resort is special in its own way so the decision really comes down to your own personal desires. CSS is similar to CN in that it is comfortable in size without being as spread out as CSA but being larger than CTI. It is built, from the beach, up onto cliffs which results in stairs to climb to get from the beach to the lobby level. There is an elevator near the mineral pool by the spa that will take you from there to the upper area of the resort. The beach at CSS is larger than that at CTI and, for those looking for an all over tan, the AN beach is within walking distance. CTI offers more restaurants than CSS but CSS does offer the Starlight Gala in addition to the beach party (really a neat thing to attend). The rooms at CSS are all suites with a view of the ocean. Depending on where your room is at the view can be fabulous (we personally like the view from G-block on the cliffs). As we are more active and enjoy feeling less confined we prefer CSS over CTI because of the ample room to roam on the property and many fun games of beach volleyball we've enjoyed with the staff and other guests. We would recommend checking out both resorts online and choosing the one that will best meet your expectations. Have a great time making that decision! It may not be so easy!!

CSS is a far nicer resort and I like the grounds and outdoor bar much better at CSS. But well, if you can't decided, why not do both? Spend a few nights at CSS and a few nights to CTI. You get the best of both worlds that way.

We just returned from our second trip to CTI. This time we did the trading places day with CSS just to see. We liked the gardens and the beach looked more sheltered and calm. We loved the little natural plunge pool. We really didn't like that it was very spread out and I could see the stairs getting to be a pain after a bit. We where only there for a lunch meal and found the buffet to be OK but smaller than the one at CTI. We did like that they had fish tacos at their bar though. Our biggest beef with the place was that it felt more spa and 'be quiet' kind of resort. I didn't get that friendly make new friends with fellow guests easily like at CTI. The staff where still very good but more reserved and didn't just come out and start chatting with you like at CTI, not sure if that is because they arn't supposed to at this resort or not. Once YOU started a conversation with them however they where very nice. Oh, and their gift shop blows CTI's out of the water. It has two stories to it and actually had stuff in my husband's size there.

This was just our impression and one from only a day trip over. I don't mean to offend anyone. Just putting my two cents in.

I have only been to CSS but fell in love with the resort. If you want room to roam and be alone at times I think CSS would be the beter place for you based on what I have herd from paople. CTI is smaller and has more of a party vibe. I am sure you will have a great time at any Couple resort based on our trip and reading the MB. Have fun at whatever resort you go to.

We spent a week at CTI in January of this year. We liked the resort but will never go back. Why? Of the 7 days, 3 1/2 were Red Flag Days, so no island, no watersports, the beach was in the shade from 3pm on, etc. We were able to spend two days at CSS during that time and loved the resort. Much better beach (CTI's beach is not very good, I really missed Negril), prettier grounds, loved SSB and I don't really like the "hotel feel" of CTI. I imagine the food was probably better at CTI (definitely more choices) but CSS wins pretty much every other category.