Thread: Music

Default Music

Hi All ~ I'm looking for music suggestions. Jeff surprises me on a daily basis. This morning he told me his song for me is Firefall "You Are the Woman" and he would like it at our wedding. He told me this shortly after telling me he was listening to Olivia Newton John's "I Honestly Love You" and it made him think of me. He claims not to be romantic, but...love that guy! Can you tell he was listening to a replay of a 1970's American Top 40. LOL

I didn't even think about music! But now I'm stumped! What have others used? Jeff isn't into Reggae too much so that isn't an option. I'm not even sure what we need music for since it is just the two of us and we are keeping it simple.

When is music used? Suggestions for songs? Sappy are fine...LOL
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Juli, for walking down the isle, we used Kathy Mattea's Battle hymn of Love. That's it for our ceremony. For our dvd we used True Companion by Marc Cohn, Were in this love together by Al Jarreau, Shining Star by the Manhattans and Look at Us by my favorite, Vince Gill. I cry every time I watch it and it was almost 10 years ago, have fun

You Raise Me Up - Josh Grobin
    Truly, Madley, Deeply - Savage Garden

New style and new fashion is very important in all weddings.

Coloradojuli For our vow renewal last march at CN we used :
    Bryan Adams- Everything I Do
    Sweethearts Together- the Rolling Stones
    Still the one- Shania Twain
    Sea of Love -Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
    Baby I love Your Way-Big Mountain

Ours was a vow renewal on May 14, 2013 in celebration of 25 years. I found that picking music was the one of the hardest things for us. We had a hard time agreeing. His idea of song choice and mine were .... lets say different. Then after searching we finally found them.

Songs chosen for our ceremony....
    Walking down the isle: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" (Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole)
    Exit together: "Better When We're Together" (Jack Johnson)
    Cake & Toast: "I Won't Give Up" (Jason Mraz)
    Signage of Certificate: "More Than Words" (J. Rice & The Piano Guys)
    First Dance: "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (Queen) Instead of dancing a waltz we chose to dance the East Coast Swing for a little bit of fun!

VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...27857959926029

Vow Renewal Photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=5c9663915a